IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

If you'd allow me to interject with a question or two here I am a NEO-GEO newbie and somebody with collecting ADD.

I am thinking of adding a new console to my collection and am looking at Neo Geo Pocket Colors. What I'd like to be able to is pick up the console plus a few games and be all in for about $100. Problem is I don't really know much about the system and the game library. The hardware itself looks to be pretty solid and the microswitched stick seems to get rave reviews. But I am having a hard time getting a good feel for the game library... I am assuming lots of fighters (which would be a negative for me), hear good things about the Metal Slugs, there is a Sonic port for it and Pac Man.

I too would highly recommend the NEO-GEO Pocket Colour. I think it is a great, underrated handheld with lots to offer. While there are plenty of fighting games, there are other genres too. If you are interested, I did a video about the NGPC a while back. Funny enough, I look at a Metal Slug game, Sonic and Pacman, the three games you mentioned! Haha! Hope this helps! (:

• Like 1

I too would highly recommend the NEO-GEO Pocket Colour. I think it is a great, underrated handheld with lots to offer. While there are plenty of fighting games, there are other genres too. If you are interested, I did a video about the NGPC a while back. Funny enough, I look at a Metal Slug game, Sonic and Pacman, the three games you mentioned! Haha! Hope this helps! (:

Hey Byron,

Thank you for posting as always good sir. Glad you came by and express your personal views for the NGPC. Always a pleasure to read your postings. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

HAMSTER Corporation@HAMSTER_Corp 14h14 hours ago

More

ACA NEOGEO series for Nintendo Switch has started in North America! Enjoy the master pieces of NEOGEO on Switch! http://www.hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/arcadearchives/switch/index.htm

C6vBsDAVoAA2SdW.jpg

16 replies89 retweets114 likes

Retweet

Liked

Anthony...

playing Nam 75 on the Switch tonight, really good,brings back the good old days!
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry.

1. Good/#NeoGeo Console Neogeo Body Only Import Japan JP 0806 #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/vIHklQEUSJ

C67ifk1WsAAUUHV.jpg
    0 replies2 retweets1 like
    Retweet
  2. Snk/#NeoGeo neogeo the last blade beyond destiny w/epilepsy warning/manual/case #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/iTYOogWeIf

C66wJR-WoAEBcz6.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet0 likes
    Retweet
  3. C66_DpuWcAAbJgb.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet1 like
    Retweet

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with fellow Atariage member JumpFoxJump doing what they do best. Here we see them in action doing a 3 part video of Metal Slug. Let's see what they do shall we? :)

From the description.

" Don and Johnny play Metal Slug 4 (Anthology) from start to finish. This sequel to MS3 (and X) was released in 2002 for the MVS arcade platform and is the fourth game in the Metal Slug series."

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning were with Mark and Dylan from Low Expectations Media.

Here was see the gentlemen doing a quest to play every Neo-Geo title that exist in the library of the unit. Well were glad to see the pair go ahead and attempt this endeavor, and were glad to see what they offer to the community. So here is episode 1 of Neo-Geo Roulette with various titles of them playing. Enjoy! :)

From the description,

"In this, the inaugural episode of the silliest Low Expectations project yet, Mark and Dylan begin their herculean attempt to play every single Neo Geo game they can get their grubby hands on and rank them in an ever growing list. This week, Mr Jones funks by to play some 3 on 3 on the blacktop with some mutants. Also, Neo No Pananpon.

We apologise for the low gameplay volume and slight audio glitching on this episode, we're still working out our recording set up and thought we had it nailed on this one. Episode 2 should sound a bit better. "

Anthony...

Well I have a question. In the late years of the Neo Geo who sold the games. It was not retailers because it was to obscure thought someone sold them so who?

Hey Evan,

Neo Geo Freaks did have sell them towards the late 90's for the American division that cause a controversial legacy on themselves. Then neo-geo.com was able to secure the rights to sell them. That's how I was able to purchase Rage of the Dragons from them new.

Hope this helps.

Anthony..

lol @ cat in a box. I have a cat that assumes any new box in the house is hers.

Thanks for all your input, it helped me a lot in my research. And as much as I love the really well designed hardware of the NGPC (seriously 40 hours of game play from 2 AA batteries), the library is a let down to me. I still kind of want one, but just not so much right now.

• Like 1

lol @ cat in a box. I have a cat that assumes any new box in the house is hers.

Thanks for all your input, it helped me a lot in my research. And as much as I love the really well designed hardware of the NGPC (seriously 40 hours of game play from 2 AA batteries), the library is a let down to me. I still kind of want one, but just not so much right now.

You're welcome Desert. :thumbsup: :)

Were glad to give a helping hand to you. If you have any more questions that you like to address, feel free to write and were here to help you. :)

Thank you again for posting. See you soon. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

テリー、誕生日おめでとう☆ #テリー・ボガード生誕祭2017

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Happy birthday, Terry ☆ #テリー・ボガード生誕祭2017

C69L88aVsAEO7fW.jpg
23 replies1,209 retweets1,284 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

New DLC characters!

C7AFHrrVoAI9B2D.jpg
7 replies52 retweets70 likes
Retweet
Liked