IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Happy 3rd anniversary for this NeoGeo thread i have done 2 videos to celebrate and here is the first one hope you all enjoy.

Thank you Tuna. This was really enjoyable and appreciate the time and dedication you did on making this possible for the Neo-Geo threads 3rd year anniversary.

Always a pleasure to see your latest and greatest works my good man. Glad to have you on Atariage.com :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

I'm nearly a year into owning my first bit of large scale arcade hardware and that would be my 2 slot MVS. One of the reasons I suppose I finally got an active account going here was to post about all sorts of things including the Neo-Geo which this thread is pretty handy about. To think in that time I have racked up a heap of games for the cabinet starting with the 9 legit and the 10th being a 161in1. I have 30 carts between the legit (including 2 full kits), the multicart, and a SNK conversion, a SNK (and a Razoola) CD to MVS conversion as well now. It was a big push I admit adding 20 to the wall, don't see me doubling that effort going forward though but you never know. I like to keep stuff around I will or will intend to use, not dust bunny farms and the stuff I'd still like would be about that many but some are just price blockers ($300 for Dodgeball is a joke.)

• Like 2

I'm nearly a year into owning my first bit of large scale arcade hardware and that would be my 2 slot MVS. One of the reasons I suppose I finally got an active account going here was to post about all sorts of things including the Neo-Geo which this thread is pretty handy about. To think in that time I have racked up a heap of games for the cabinet starting with the 9 legit and the 10th being a 161in1. I have 30 carts between the legit (including 2 full kits), the multicart, and a SNK conversion, a SNK (and a Razoola) CD to MVS conversion as well now. It was a big push I admit adding 20 to the wall, don't see me doubling that effort going forward though but you never know. I like to keep stuff around I will or will intend to use, not dust bunny farms and the stuff I'd still like would be about that many but some are just price blockers ($300 for Dodgeball is a joke.)

Good to know Tanooki.

Glad that we can give you an extra push and always a pleasure to see what you offer to the community.

Anthony...

• Like 2

I'll say that this was the only Neo Geo thread that kindly responded to a concern I had regarding a purchase of my AES. Thanks to Anthony's warm welcome, I got my answer and have stuck around to get more good info, tips and purchased my first official AES carts because of this thread. Happy Anniversary!

• Like 2

Thank you Tuna. This was really enjoyable and appreciate the time and dedication you did on making this possible for the Neo-Geo threads 3rd year anniversary.

Always a pleasure to see your latest and greatest works my good man. Glad to have you on Atariage.com :)

Anthony...

No probs mate enjoyed doing the videos and i just posted the second video.

• Like 1

Happy third anniversary everyone! :-D :-D :-D

I totally forgot this was today! (sorry, my bad).

That said, this thread has been nothing but great from my experience on it and I'm so glad I joined it. The people on here have been friendly, helpful, welcoming and in general, awesome! I've met so many good people because of this thread and without it, I probably wouldn't have got my NEO-GEO Pocket Colour! So, thank you to anyone who has shared tips and advice prior to me getting one.

And of course, thank you to Anthony for setting this thread up! You guys truly rock and I hope this thread persists to be a great showcase of what this amazing community has to offer. And, I'm sure it will be.

All the best everyone and get playing some NEO-GEO!!! ;) ;) ;)

• Like 3

Happy 3rd anniversary to the NEO GEO thread!

Shoot.. I thought it was Friday. I would have had more time to post something special. Not really gonna have time today.

I'll just list my favorite games for the MVS:

REAL BOUT FATAL FURY SPECIAL

WORLD HEROES PERFECT

WAKU WAKU 7

FATAL FURY SPECIAL

VIEWPOINT

TWINKLE STAR SPRITES

SUPER BASEBALL 2020

SHOCK TROOPERS

SAMURAI SHODOWN II

PUZZLE BOBBLE/BUST A MOVE

PULSTAR

NEO TURF MASTERS

NEO BOMBER MAN

The METAL SLUG series

LEAGUE BOWLING

KOF 94

IRRITATING MAZE

BLAZING STAR

AERO FIGHTERS 3

FATAL FURY 3

And some I really didn't care for:

LEGEND OF SUCKCESS JOE (heh)

SUPER SPY

AGGRESSORS OF DARK KOMBAT

ART OF FIGHTING 3

NINJA COMBAT

Sorry, that's all I have time to contribute today. Again, happy anniversary to the NEO GEO thread!

• Like 3

yea some games are going for silly prices that's where the multi carts are great to have, worth keeping an eye out for deals on ebay or here on the forum i do love the NeoGeo. I am in to collecting Pc Engine stuff as well and the prices on there are going up fast most of the games i want now are over £100 and more thanks god for the everdrive or Krizz Lol.

• Like 1

Happy third anniversary!

Congrats to Anthony for keeping this thread updated on a daily basis!

There are still many interesting things to discuss (Neo Geo AES, MVS, Neo Geo Pocket), so I am sure this year is going to be a great one!

I just bought some new AES carts, but my Neo Geo console hasn't been repaired yet, so I can't post my impression now.

yea some games are going for silly prices that's where the multi carts are great to have, worth keeping an eye out for deals on ebay or here on the forum i do love the NeoGeo. I am in to collecting Pc Engine stuff as well and the prices on there are going up fast most of the games i want now are over £100 and more thanks god for the everdrive or Krizz Lol.

I think it depends. Shooters prices have gone crazy (Tatsujin, NEZXR, Coryoon, Magical Chase...) but a lot of rare stuff now cost a lot less than before (The TV Show, and of course 99% of RPGs).

Happy third anniversary!

• Like 2

Happy 3rd! Can't believe it's been three already.

Before this, there wasn't much neo geo action on the forum, which was odd considering how many of us own hardware.

I haven't been doing too much NG related lately since I'm on an NT Mini kick right now, but I will post a picture of something I've been thinking of getting for a bit now--a fatal fury shockbox set, which could possibly be the single most awesome thing I've ever seen:

8XTfzGXm.jpg

• Like 3

Hello All,

We want to wish a HAPPY 3RD ANNIVERSARY to this, our favorite, Neo-Geo Thread!! We want to say “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!” and wish you have many, many more birthdays to come!

In celebrating, Arthur, Evan, and I (Alex) would like to list each of our top 3 favorite Neo-Geo games of all time! We love the Neo-Geo games because almost all of them can be played together with another player. Whether is co-op or versus, my brother, cousin, and I always have the most fun playing Neo-Geo games.

Arthur: Ninja Combat, Windjammers, Spinmaster.

Alex: Metal Slug, Shock Troopers, The King of Fighters (all of them!).

Evan: Eight Man, Ninja Commando, Neo Bomberman.

Also, please checkout our video below as my brother Arthur and I try to dunk (and shoot 3s) on each other as we are having a blast playing STREET HOOP!!

Thank You

From the SlushyBandits

• Like 1

Preaching to the choir. I've been wanting back into the NEC world for a good 5-6+ years now. I missed the boat figuratively speaking by a matter of a couple months. I had this copy of BONK on NES and ended up selling it with a plan to shortly pick up a DUO again along with the Bonk game, or Bonk via the Gate of Thunder CD setup. By the time it was sold and for sure clear (ebay scumbaggery) Bonk HuCard went from like a $10 who cares to a $50+ game and my jaw dropped. Duo shot up like a couple hundred bucks about that time too so I was SOL. :P I very much so keep multicarts around, I also play the Japanese game angle on some (like I just picked up Panic Restaurant on Famicom for $40 which is far better than what $500 on NES??) And I ditched Bonk NES for $300 and grabbed the FC one for $20. I'm totally out of being abused. I get creative with multicarts, different region games, or depending even SNK conversion carts (like my Nightmare in the Dark game) or the SNK(and Razoola) works of Ironclad and Crossed Swords 2 respectively.

Super Dodgeball eats at me, want it bad, but not $300 bad ever so the 161in1 stays ever present. I probably will end up with a 120 or 138 because of Twinkle Star Sprites, and a few others in time.

I'd argue at worst I've played on the low average value on loose MVS games on ebay at the worst going by (formerly Racketboy, now on NeoGeo forums) mjmjr's MVS price list for loose carts. Often between that forum and ebay primarily I've come in under those numbers, sometimes very nicely so on ignored items or doing some bundlemania out of country to score cheap shipping combined and game prices in a couple cases. I've even once bought a MVS kit on purpose (Neo Turf Masters) because some Italian priced it the value of the loose game. In another case I bought 8Man which I knew had a marquee with it (in picture, not in text) which was listed as just the game--dude butcherpapers the full KIT box and all the 100% intended inserts and paid $80 which is low/below average for the game alone. You just never know, good luck, stupid stuff, it tends to work out in many cases but not always with patience.

• Like 1

Happy Birthday, thread! *places a party hat somewhere on top* = )

Is fun to stop in and see what everyone's up to with their collections or games they've been interested in for the 'Geo.

Thank you Chaos. Were glad that see you're collection and how you make progress on it all the time. :)

Anthony...

w00t, happy thread-creation day! :)

I've only joined the NeoGeo fun in the last few months, but I hope to help everyone enjoy the Pocket sized edition a little more very soon... :D

Thank you James. Were glad to have you aboard and were all excited on your devices you're going to be realing soon. Thank you as always. :)

Anthony..

As requested by Anthony, here's the first episode of Dreamcast Gamer Tonight, SNK Video Game Consoles! Happy 3rd anniversary everyone!

Hahaha. Thank you for uploading this Dallas. I had to watch it twice for the fact I was laughing too much that I forgot you were saying. :-D Nice job bro. Glad Piggy was in the upload as well. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1