IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Supposedly Darksoft is shipping their Taito F3 Multi-board now, should be a good test to see if their Neo-Geo board is promising as they run on similar platforms

I would like to see this as well enoofu. Thank you for the heads up. This will see if it will make or break for sure with Darksoft.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with Gamer888MPH with another fun video for us. Let's see him in Action playing Viewpoint on the NGCD shall we? :)

From the description,

"Viewpoint is an arcade isometric shooter, released in 1992 by SNK for the Neo-Geo arcade platform. By default, 1P and 2P can only play one after another; in the Service Mode though, simultaneous gameplay can be enabled."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJqqo0m4qdE

Anthony...

Hey folks. New NEO GEO game I'm reviewing: RIDING HERO, one of the earliest titles (released in the first year). It's a fairly blah motorcycle racing game with graphics actually comparable to much older racing games. One cool thing is that you have 4 turbo boosts you can use during the race, and I greatly prefer the Story Mode over the World Gran Prix mode. In Story Mode you have a map where you can choose where to go to next, and you can race for cash, just chat with drivers, visit the hospital, crash at your apartment, purchase a new bike or get parts upgraded, etc. But you often need to visit certain places just to unlock certain inaccessible areas or events, on your way to the Suzuka 8 Hour race at the end of the mode. Multi-Play mode I believe allows for a 2nd player to join in, but whether you finish first or last doesn't matter, you only race 1 course. Again, pretty blah even with the innovative Story Mode.

Edited by retrorussell
  • Like 2

I have the Daedalus converter and a 161 in 1. It does work, but not 100% in my case. I have two AES systems. On my early model US system only the older games work. I can't play games like Prehistoric Isle because they will not start up, however an older game like Super Baseball 2020 would work fine. I thought this was due to the 161 in 1 needing to draw a lot of power to work properly. For this AES system I had to replace the power supply with a third party one that had lower voltage, so that could be part of the problem.

I also tried the 161 in 1 with the Daedalus on my other Neo Geo AES system and got slightly better results. With this system I was able to play more games, but still not all. For instance, now I could actually play Prehistoric Isle, but it froze half way through the first level.

The Daedalus converter and a 161 in one combination may work best if you have one of the later model Japanese AES systems. I believe those have beefier power supplies.

Thanks for giving your own experience. It makes me feel more comfortable with getting one now.

• Like 2

Hey folks. New NEO GEO game I'm reviewing: RIDING HERO, one of the earliest titles (released in the first year). It's a fairly blah motorcycle racing game with graphics actually comparable to much older racing games. One cool thing is that you have 4 turbo boosts you can use during the race, and I greatly prefer the Story Mode over the World Gran Prix mode. In Story Mode you have a map where you can choose where to go to next, and you can race for cash, just chat with drivers, visit the hospital, crash at your apartment, purchase a new bike or get parts upgraded, etc. But you often need to visit certain places just to unlock certain inaccessible areas or events, on your way to the Suzuka 8 Hour race at the end of the mode. Multi-Play mode I believe allows for a 2nd player to join in,

Thank you for sharing with us your discussion and playthrough video of Riding Hero with us Russ. This game gets criticized a lot from the Neo-Geo community. But if you can find the positives on this title. I feel its an enjoyable game to play. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

1. Nintendo Switch「アケアカNEOGEO メタルスラッグ 2」の配信がスタートしました!「メタルスラッグ 2」は、1998年にSNKから発売されたアクションゲームです。ぜひお楽しみください! http://www.hamster.co.jp/arcadearchives/switch/metalslug2.htm pic.twitter.com/5tIAxCMp4s

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Nintendo Switch ACEA CA NEOGEO Metal Slug 2 delivery has just started. Metal Slug 2 is action games from the SNK was released in 1998. Take a look at and enjoy! http://www. hamster.co.jp/arcadearchives/switch/metalslug2.htm

DEBdDW_XUAY3jL1.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. 【MSA 更新情報】 新規ユニット「シシリア」を追加しました!7月12日(水)まで先行獲得を実施中です! #MSA http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20170706_01b58y7.html pic.twitter.com/mkxrYvUbd9

Translate from Japanese

MSA update: added new unit "Sicilian"! 7/12 (Wednesday) early acquisition is underway! http://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20170706_01b58y7.html #ttps://t.co/QBCApus3WB

DEB1vhZXUAAkfDk.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 今日は山田十平衛先生とオズワルドさんのお誕生日です(╹◡╹) 十平衛先生は「餓狼2」、オズワルドさんは「KOFXI」に出演していますよ1f3ae.png2728.png おめでとう1f38a.png1f382.png1f389.png1f44f.png#SNK #entagirlpic.twitter.com/uAhj14yzWz

Translate from Japanese

Today Yamada 10 spur is a health teacher and Oswald's birthday (╹◡╹) 10 spur's health teacher has appeared "KOFXI" bout 2, Oswald's happy #SNK #entagirl

DEGo8I_XgAEXkv-.jpg
  1. Today is Jyubei & s Oswald's birthday! 1f601.png Jyubei appeared on “Fatal Fury 2”, Oswald appeard on “KOFXI’” and so on.1f3ae.png2728.png Happy birthday!1f44f.png1f382.png1f389.png1f38a.pngpic.twitter.com/AE5rqNre7M

DEGpSHpXcAEGXcw.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 剣戟格闘ゲームの傑作「真サムライスピリッツ」がauスマートパスで配信開始!!大いなる宿命に導かれ、15名の剣豪たちが火花を散らす! https://pass.auone.jp/app/detail?app_id=6437610000022 (※スマートフォンからのみアクセス可能)pic.twitter.com/p8fqcdX7e8

Translate from Japanese

Clash game masterpiece 'Samurai' au smart pass released! Guided by a greater destiny, 15 swordsman who sparks flying! https://pass.auone.jp/app/detail?app_id=6437610000022 ( ※ Smartphone can access only)

DEB8jqOVoAA4xVz.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【美少女衣装販売】最終日! 新登場のレオナ衣装「特攻スタイル」! 復刻でオロチシェルミーの「チャイナドレス」、アテナの「魔女の心」も販売中です! 7月8日AM5時までです。購入を検討されている方はお急ぎください…! #KOF98UMOLpic.twitter.com/aFatBYsdJA

Translate from Japanese

Girl Costume sales final! Introducing Leona outfit dirty style! Reprinted in "witch heart" orochichermir "cheongsam", Athena also sale! 7/8 AM5 pm.. Who are interested in purchasing please hurry. #KOF98UMOL

DEGPi9rV0AAHD1D.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. 【八門遁甲】 格闘家強化の新システム「八門」ついに実装! 現在最大で六門までの開門が可能です。(格闘家によって開門できる数は変わります) 六門まで強化できる格闘家は、キム、ユリ、リョウ、バイス、大門、マチュア、京、庵、舞…そしてオロチの10名です! #KOF98UMOLpic.twitter.com/XBeIkZBgYL

Translate from Japanese

[8 guard] 8 gate martial enhanced new system finally implemented! Now up to the sixth gate opening is possible. (Change number can be open by martial artists) can increase up to 6 martial artist is Kim, Lily, Ryo, Vice, Daimon, mature, Kyo and Iori, Mai... And 10 students of the Orochi! #KOF98UMOL

DEGYGG9WAAASuLm.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. 【2周年カウントダウン】ありがとうございます! 皆様に支えられ、クラッシュフィーバーも2周年を迎えることができました!これからもクラッシュフィーバーをよろしくお願いいたします! #クラフィpic.twitter.com/rWUXYDQb0X

Translate from Japanese

[2nd anniversary Countdown: thank you! Marks the second anniversary of crash fever as well, we helped you could! from this crash fever will be appreciated! #クラフィ

DEGegKJXUAEnseG.jpg
    DEGeimjW0AETl64.jpg

Anthony..

Thanks for giving your own experience. It makes me feel more comfortable with getting one now.

At this time it doesn't really make sense to buy the Daedalus and a 161 in 1. The NeoSD is available now and only costs a little more than buying the Daedalus and a 161 in 1. The 161 in 1 also broke the cartridge connector on my Daedalus. It is very hard to pull the 161 in 1 off of the Daedalus. I think I read somewhere that you can shave off some of the plastic on the 161 in 1 to make it fit better.

• Like 2

At this time it doesn't really make sense to buy the Daedalus and a 161 in 1. The NeoSD is available now and only costs a little more than buying the Daedalus and a 161 in 1. The 161 in 1 also broke the cartridge connector on my Daedalus. It is very hard to pull the 161 in 1 off of the Daedalus. I think I read somewhere that you can shave off some of the plastic on the 161 in 1 to make it fit better.

I already own the converter. The Neosd sounds interesting though. I didn't know it existed. Now something else to ponder....

• Like 2

I already own the converter. The Neosd sounds interesting though. I didn't know it existed. Now something else to ponder....

Dito Ive been ill for quite a while so haven't been able to keep track of "all things Neo" and was going to pick up a multi cart but read all sorts about it and someone pointed out the NeoSD, watched GadgetUK YT video and bought one without question, in-fact its due to arrive today! :D

MJ

• Like 1

The NeoSD may set you back over $450 but given what the price of stuff like Twinkle Star Sprites, Mark of the Wolves, MOney Idol Exchanger and some others hit -- it's a deal maker. If you are cool waiting upwards of 4min to get the biggest of games copied from SD->Kit you're good to go.

It is properly wired too, won't have it shorting out your hardware potentially in the future while the multicarts all can cause some level of damage from bent pins to jacking up the board.

Also cost wise, you're not looking at any worse buying from stone age gamer than the Euro+shipping conversion straight from Europe, plus the SAG one has extras with a box, manual, etc.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 2

The NeoSD may set you back over $450 but given what the price of stuff like Twinkle Star Sprites, Mark of the Wolves, MOney Idol Exchanger and some others hit -- it's a deal maker. If you are cool waiting upwards of 4min to get the biggest of games copied from SD->Kit you're good to go.

It is properly wired too, won't have it shorting out your hardware potentially in the future while the multicarts all can cause some level of damage from bent pins to jacking up the board.

Also cost wise, you're not looking at any worse buying from stone age gamer than the Euro+shipping conversion straight from Europe, plus the SAG one has extras with a box, manual, etc.

Couldn't agree more! In the last 3 months Ive bought 9 games, 5 CDs, 4 carts, in that was KOF2002 and Mark of the Wolves about 1500-2 grands worth. I was going to get a multicast and a Daedalus, I didn't even no the Flash cart existed till a couple of weeks ago (long term illness+recovery), my girlfriends friend just bought me one for my birthday so Im absolutely buzzing. I no one thing for sure though regardless of having the games on an SD its still not going to stop me buying carts and CDs.

MJ

• Like 1

fdurso224

Ant,

Do you are any other user no if the ball with the "thumb dip" on a "bean" stick can be changed? And also can you recommend a site that will sell balls and buttons? (cool colours etc)

MJ

Hey MJ,

Yes, those ball tops can be changed. Replacement parts are so widely available on the market that you can find them with no hassle at all. If you go on Ebay,, put down Sanwa joystick, Sanwa ball top or Sanwa buttons (I personally like that brand) and they pop up all over. Other brands are available and you have so many auctions that it will be to your benefit and liking. :)

Here's the links for your convenience to start you off

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=New+SANWA+LB-35+Ball+Top&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=+SANWA+LB-35+Ball+Top&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=SANWA+LB-35+Ball+Top&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=SANWA+joystick&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=sanwa+buttons&_frs=1

If you plan on doing it yourself. Here's a helpful site with Chris at Classic Gaming Quarterly to help you on the process. He's also a member here on Atariage.

http://www.cgquarterly.com/2013/04/13/modernizing-a-neo-geo-aes-joystick/

Hope this helps MJ. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

I may hold off for a newer faster model. I can't stand waiting more than a few second load times for cart based games.

• Like 1

I'm kind of curious if there would be one. I think it would kind of depend solely on how much of a transfer rate the SNK hardware can take. The NGPC kit is saddled with 30sec(512kb) to 4min(4MB) waits because of how the system handles cartridge data and transfers it. If the big brother to it is wired in a similar way those long pauses are going to be about it other than shaving seconds off with a better speed memory card. At least with the NGP kit you get 15M to work with so you can throw multiple games on there while the NeoSD if I remember right is a one shot.

And matty I feel the same way. I have the kit, but I'd still like to own the setup I once had 15 years ago when I had it in the day as it was a long line of victims to unemployment. A lucky buy a few months ago on a lot got me almost every game I had in one shot other than select few and annoyingly 2 of them are just expensive ($100+ -- rockman and cotton) but match of the millennium I got for under 30 and biomotor unitron tops 50 complete. Baseball Stars I need too but oddly it doesn't come up much loose and I don't want to blow $40+ on a complete one.

• Like 1

Hey MJ,

Yes, those ball tops can be changed. Replacement parts are so widely available on the market that you can find them with no hassle at all. If you go on Ebay,, put down Sanwa joystick, Sanwa ball top or Sanwa buttons (I personally like that brand) and they pop up all over. Other brands are available and you have so many auctions that it will be to your benefit and liking. :)

Here's the links for your convenience to start you off

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=New+SANWA+LB-35+Ball+Top&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=+SANWA+LB-35+Ball+Top&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=SANWA+LB-35+Ball+Top&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=SANWA+joystick&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=sanwa+buttons&_frs=1

If you plan on doing it yourself. Here's a helpful site with Chris at Classic Gaming Quarterly to help you on the process. He's also a member here on Atariage.

http://www.cgquarterly.com/2013/04/13/modernizing-a-neo-geo-aes-joystick/

Hope this helps MJ. :)

Anthony..

Nice one Ant exactly what I was looking for!

MJ

• Like 1