IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hey guys! I know its been a while I've just been busy working and havnt had a lot of time for gaming lately. I wanted to share the newest addition to my collection, a SVC Chaos pcb! Pretty excited about this one. It's a lot of fun and it has all of my favorite fighters from almost all games in it. Guile, Vega, Ken, Terry, Mai, Kim, and even Genjyuro from Samurai Shodown. You can even fight Firebrand from Ghosts n goblins but I havnt got to him yet. The game is brutally hard and unfair lol but I still love it.

post-46128-0-26688900-1506186052_thumb.jpg

post-46128-0-99213600-1506186075_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hey guys! I know its been a while I've just been busy working and havnt had a lot of time for gaming lately. I wanted to share the newest addition to my collection, a SVC Chaos pcb! Pretty excited about this one. It's a lot of fun and it has all of my favorite fighters from almost all games in it. Guile, Vega, Ken, Terry, Mai, Kim, and even Genjyuro from Samurai Shodown. You can even fight Firebrand from Ghosts n goblins but I havnt got to him yet. The game is brutally hard and unfair lol but I still love it.

Hey Red,

Glad to see you again posting bro. No worries at all. We understand you have a busy schedule. :)

Very nice pickup with SVC Chaos. Everything looks so clean and perfect looking. Loving all of this and the awesome looking MVS big red you got Red. :thumbsup: :)

Thank you for sharing this. Keep it up as always Red. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I got Art of Fighting (Ryuuko no Ken) for Neo Geo today 1f60a.pngPulstar & AOF are my games of the week! @Surgione @Fdurso224Durso @NeoGeoCollectorpic.twitter.com/xa4fD1kzR8

DKWZKNmW0AAymQK.jpg

Anthony...

Love how he gets Pulstar, one of the hardest to find games on the system, then gets AOF one of the most common games on the system.

• Like 2

Ok guys, I have a big question. I have seen many pictures of neo geo freak inserts on games that only came out in japan or on mvs, (example: Zupapa!, Neo Geo Cup 98). But in all the pictures I have seen of people's collections I have never seen these inserts. I have also never seen them on ebay. I was wondering, where did all these games go, and how did neo geo freak make these carts? Did they tear out the old labels and stick on new ones, or did they make there own circuit boards? Lastly, are these games considered legit or boots?

PS: I was looking at my copy of Joy Joy Kid and saw there was no meg count, all other JP Neo Geo launch games had meg counts so what gives?

post-47355-0-04620900-1506211182.jpg

post-47355-0-13953000-1506211285.jpg

post-47355-0-25328600-1506211401.jpg

post-47355-0-17273400-1506211416.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome Darrin. Glad to see you getting a head start. :)

In the meanwhile, how about creating an account with NGDEVTEAM. Because once the pre-orders go up, so many try to secure a copy as quickly as possible. This way, you can avoid the time consumption of creating an account and save precious minutes by just ordering and surpass the others that want to do the same as well. :)

Anthony..

Thanks! I opened one when I ordered Gunlord...

• Like 1

Thanks! I opened one when I ordered Gunlord...

Excellent Darin. :thumbsup:

Now here's the thing regarding NGDT ordering. When you have an account after you have made a previous order, they have the weird issue that it when you order a new game, the previous game is added onto the order.So I just clear everything off and start fresh.

Happens to me all the time. Do know why? :?:

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Ok guys, I have a big question. I have seen many pictures of neo geo freak inserts on games that only came out in japan or on mvs, (example: Zupapa!, Neo Geo Cup 98). But in all the pictures I have seen of people's collections I have never seen these inserts. I have also never seen them on ebay. I was wondering, where did all these games go, and how did neo geo freak make these carts? Did they tear out the old labels and stick on new ones, or did they make there own circuit boards? Lastly, are these games considered legit or boots?

PS: I was looking at my copy of Joy Joy Kid and saw there was no meg count, all other JP Neo Geo launch games had meg counts so what gives?

Anything from NeoGeoFreaks I stay away from Evan. Those guys cause so much trouble in the Neo-Geo community, that many don't want anything to do with them

Zupapa was never released for the AES. Neo Geo Cup 98 was Japanese only. My guess is that Chris Ray was the technical mind out of the two, so he did some trickery to these games. They use to make their own inserts and destroy the original artworks from SNK. That was one of the concerns with their lawsuits they had with SNK.

As for Joy Joy Kid. The carton box had the meg count on it. Don't know why the regular box didn't have it on that version. Maybe not room?

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hey NEO GEOphiles,

My latest video is another GEO title from its early existence-- this is EIGHTMAN, based on an old manga and tv series. The guy is a superhero android/cyborg resurrected from death as a human by a scientist, who had failed 7 times previous with the same experiment; thus the cyborg is dubbed EIGHTMAN. This is a fairly standard beat-em-up, though you can get power-ups to increase the strength of your attacks, add to your lifebar, and add to your bombs (special attacks with button C). I didn't come away terribly impressed. A couple new animes were released years after this title.

• Like 2

... is there such a device that you know of for the AES that lets you play NGPC games on your AES via your

TV, a bit like the SuperGameBoy for the SNES?

Not sure if you aware of it, but you can play NGPC games on your TV with an Android console such as the Nvidia Shield. I know it is not exactly what you're looking for, but figured I'd mention it just in case.

• Like 2

Eightman isn't A grade material but given the time it came out and the system for that era it's actually a really good game other than at a point or two getting repetitive in how the stages/enemies are designed. One of 2 games I have a full kit for, loved it when it first came out and it's still playable even if a bit cheap in places to eat quarters.

• Like 1

Anyone have thoughts on the Seedi Retro Gaming System? It plays Neo Geo CD games. I wonder if the loading times would be quicker since it is using a more modern DVD drive.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/seedi-retro-gaming-system#/

Hey ECW,

Glad to see you back bro. The Seedi Retro System looks interesting. It does have potential and worth looking into. I personally would like to see more as time goes on with it. So this certainly looks promising. :)

Thank you as always for stopping y bro. :thumbsup:

Anthony..

Hey NEO GEOphiles,

My latest video is another GEO title from its early existence-- this is EIGHTMAN, based on an old manga and tv series. The guy is a superhero android/cyborg resurrected from death as a human by a scientist, who had failed 7 times previous with the same experiment; thus the cyborg is dubbed EIGHTMAN. This is a fairly standard beat-em-up, though you can get power-ups to increase the strength of your attacks, add to your lifebar, and add to your bombs (special attacks with button C). I didn't come away terribly impressed. A couple new animes were released years after this title.

Hey gang. Another NEO GEO video. This one is of the very cute and fun Bubble Bobble-like fixed screen platformer, ZUPAPA!

Hey Russ,

Thank you as always for your excellent videos regarding Eightman and Zupapa. Keep up the great work as always bro. Always a pleasure to see your works. :) :thumbsup:

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys.

By Jonathan Balofsky On 24 Sep, 2017 At 11:23 AM | Categorized |
maxresdefault.jpg

Double Dragon is a beloved beat em up franchise that has endured for years. When I was young, I would play Double Dragon II on NES with my older brothers all the time, and it was great fun. However, some of the later games were not as good, such as Double Dragon III on NES, and when Double Dragon V came out on the SNES, it was just bizarre. It was a fighting game and while it had its good points, it wasn’t particularly good as a fighting game. Most agreed that the series should be strictly a beat em up, but thankfully Tecnos did not agree.

1994 was the year that Double Dragon was adapted into a poorly received movie. That movie, received a video game adaptation that stood out. Most video game adaptations of movies are not great and games based on movies based on fighting games…..well you all remember Street Fighter: The Movie :The Game. Double Dragon for Neo Geo was something else entirely, as it was an SNK style fighting game, and was also the last game Tecnos made before going under.

It was criticized as generic and poorly designed at first, but like many other hidden gems, it has aged very well. The fighting is well done, and even though the announcer has poor English even by fighting game standards, the game has a lot of charm, It is remarkably well polished and has animations that are better than many fighting games from the last 15 years. The stages feel different than stages in fighting games from today, and all feel like unique. For instance, Dulton’s stage starts with him jet skiing to the platform while the jet ski continues going off in the background till it crashes into a building that explodes. That is not the only example, however, as the backgrounds all had something going on that felt unique. . Each fighter while having some generic moves, still felt unique in their own way like Burnov, a character from Double Dragon II. It made great use of the camera view and even helped make a few visual innovations for fighting games.

Forgive me for my fandom heresy, but this is actually my favourite game in the series and as the last game Technos made before they went under, it was an excellent game to leave on. I would love it if this could be brought to modern systems, even though some changes would need to be made. With proper online support, this could even develop a scene around it and that would be amazing, since more people should experience the awesomeness of Double Dragon on Neo Geo!

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224