IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

shmuplations.com is a repository of Japanese game developer translations

Neo Geo and SNK

Whoa! :-o

This is really cool enoofu. I was finishing up the Metal Slug interview and really thought it was a thumping good read. I never heard of shmuplations.com before, but glad to say you got me interested for sure bro.

Nice job enoofu. I learned something new today. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Here's the video of it in action.

From the description,

"NEOSD PRO has 3840 MBITS divided into 5 full slots (1 RAM, 4 FLASH)

Menu loads instant
Can hold 5 full size games at the same time, it could hold 5 copies King Of Fighters 2003 (biggest neogeo game) at the same time, or it can hold the 5 biggest games at the same time (kof2k3, metal slug5, garou, snk vs capcom, samurai showdown 5)

4 of the slots are flash, so when you power off the console you don´t loose the flashed games
1 slot is ram, its faster to flash but when you power off, you loose the game

As today the biggest game (kof2k3) takes 1 minute and 7 seconds to be writen on RAM, but we think we should be able to reduce those times to about 50 seconds or a bit less

Small games such as windjammers take 6 seconds to write on RAM"

Anthony...

• Like 5

Hi guys,

1. Any UK followers remember KT Consoles? #NeoGeo 2nd hand prices - 1993/94 #SNK #RetroGamingpic.twitter.com/wvuKVFxllz

DThCfydWkAEm9m6.jpg

Anthony...

I love KT Konsoles i used to get my Neo Geo and Pc Engine games from them i spent meany a hour on the phone chatting with them, keith was a nutter he once told me he got a bit upset on a game and nutted the balltop of his Neo Geo arcade stick he had a bit of a sore head after lol..

• Like 3

Was wondering if you have one of those ZELDA-X-PRO HDMI inputs for use with the DOL-101 Cube, obviously someones finally cracked the curse of the 'Nintendo-chiped' CubeHD cable!

Wonna speak with a fellow gamer thats bought one!

OOO MMM GGG!!!

wtf is this all about? Cant believe it!

This looks amazing! Thanks for the info and fast info at that Ant.

Personally as money is tight for me I'm hoping they pull an "apple" and reduce the original NeoSD and introduce the NeoSD Pro at the current price.

That would be sick.

• Like 2

I was sure it was a hoax earlier got the link sent to me and didn't even check it! lol sent it you Paul try and get you hyped up but its bloody true, haha feel such a goon!

Have to agree looks nice but, as I said to you Paul unless its soopa doopa 'a real must 100% upgrade' Im not gunna, I mean Ive been a massive CD fan for 20+ years so loading times dont bother me one bit.

Stupid really because Ive the AES with an SD fully loaded ROM wise, but I'll still pop a disc in the CDZ rather than fire the AES and SD up.

Strange really should pack my CDZ up and use cart but I dont.

So yeah it has to be a real absolute must for me!

MJ

• Like 1

That NEOSD PRO looks great wounder if it works on MVS and whats the price going to be.

They are going to release an MVS version after shipping the AES version. Shipping the Super SD System 3 is the current priority.

I'm glad that they're offering an even better product, but I'm happy with my regular NeoSD.

• Like 2

I'm glad that they're offering an even better product, but I'm happy with my regular NeoSD.

Couldn't agree more I mean Ive been collecting since the early 80s and been obsessively in the Neo scene since importing my first AES in 89. I mean with the hassle from encryption and security even the talk of some kind of NeoGeo AES flash ROM cart just a few years ago seemed impossible and something us Neo fans would nver get and I was cool with that, truth be told Ive always (some people get so upset with this lol) preferred my CDZ but when Terra did announce the SD I thought "well I have to have one" and for me being a huge CD fan load time haven't bothered me one iota. So like you Im really glad Terra have worked on a new product and improved it, but have they improved it enough to upgrade my original only bought in July last year...? Mmmmm, Im not so sure tbt.

MJ

Edited by mattyjjenkins
  • Like 1

That NeoSD Pro seems interesting. But my interest will also be based on price as the base unit that lacks a little as it is costs like $400 US.

I know this had to be a spite kill looking at what Darksoft shoddily put out and this one is clearly far better engineered too and stores 5 vs 3 games on it too. It has the speed, the basic menu, the good features needed in a kit, and also will lock onto multiple games to fire up instantly if you don't go swapping stuff out. In a way it seems to function much like the RetroHQ NGPC Kit. It takes some time to load the games to storage, but once they're in they are instant load off of the menu.

I'd like to think I'd buy this but I really can't say I'd get a lot of use. Between the 30~ games I have and the 161in1 the only game I think I'd get a value out of using it over would be Sengoku 2 and Twinkle Star Sprites as everything else is covered so it's not high on my want list like a couple everdrives are or maybe yet still that SSS3 thing they did for the PC Engine.

• Like 2

This looks amazing! Thanks for the info and fast info at that Ant.

Personally as money is tight for me I'm hoping they pull an "apple" and reduce the original NeoSD and introduce the NeoSD Pro at the current price.

That would be sick.

You're welcome Paul. I really would like to purchase it myself. After seeing the video. I'm convinced for sure on buying it. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hey guys. I popped in my Shock Troopers 2nd Squad MVS cart in my Omega CMVS, running UniBIOS v3.2, and got the screenshots below. I tried the cart on my AES with the MVS to AES converter and it works fine. Anyone know how to resolve this issue? Thanks!

try setting the unibios to skip cart check

if i rember correct thats an option in the unibios

i will be back in my store tommorow and have a 6 slot with a unibios i can double check for you

i would love to have a neo geo mvs flash cart but damn they are proud of them just to expensive for my taste ( why im sticking with my 161 cart and modded neo geo x ) if it gets closer to 150 $ i would be willing to buy

Edited by discgolfer72
  • Like 2

That NeoSD Pro seems interesting. But my interest will also be based on price as the base unit that lacks a little as it is costs like $400 US.

Same here Tanooki. I find this very interesting as well. It's to the point that I'm glad I holded out on not buying the regular NeoSD from them to work on its quirks. So this one I would like to acquire for sure. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

try setting the unibios to skip cart check

if i rember correct thats an option in the unibios

i will be back in my store tommorow and have a 6 slot with a unibios i can double check for you

i would love to have a neo geo mvs flash cart but damn they are proud of them just to expensive for my taste ( why im sticking with my 161 cart and modded neo geo x ) if it gets closer to 150 $ i would be willing to buy

Gotcha disc. You got yourself plenty with that cool modded NGX you have. So we know you don't have to spend more money.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. 【お知らせ】 特定の時間にマルチに降臨ボスが出現します。 降臨マルチクエスト出現時間は、 7時、12時、18時、22時です。 詳しくはアプリ内のマルチ降臨クエストのスケジュールをご確認ください。 #キミヒロpic.twitter.com/U6y0AGatbD

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

Notice: Boss Advent in multi at a specific time. Advent Multi-Quest time is 7:00, 12:00, 6pm, 10pm. For details, please check the schedule of the multi-advent quests in the app. #キミヒロ

DXjoTS_VwAAnLAZ.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. 【予告】【2018お花見イベント】 キャンペーン期間中、ログインボーナス、限定購入、クエストドロップなど様々なイベントが行われ、期間限定のアイテム「おしゃれ弁当」、「お花見弁当」を集めましょう! イベント期間: 2018年3月6日5時-2018年3月9日5時 #KOF98UMOLpic.twitter.com/fzAcu7NVpn

Translate from Japanese

Notice】 [2018 Hanami event] During the campaign, there are various events such as login bonus, limited purchase, Quest drop, Time-limited item "Fashionable bento", "Cherry blossom Lunch" let's collect! Event Period: March 6, 2018-March 9, 2018, 5:00 #KOF98UMOL

DXgRC1DUQAEMPWV.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. 【募集】 皆さんが欲しいと思うキャラクター商品などありましたら 是非!オンラインショップのご意見箱へ投書してみてください! 実際ここに届いた声から商品化したものがありますので 是非お声を聞かせてください。 【SNKオンラインショップ ご意見箱】 https://www.snk-onlineshop.com/contact/ pic.twitter.com/IMCppmAE6w

Translate from Japanese

[wanted] come and have a character product that you think you want! Please write a letter to the opinion box of the online shop! Please let me hear your voice by all means because there is the commercialized one from the voice which arrived here actually. [sNK Online shop opinion Box] https://www. snk-onlineshop.com/contact/

DXa68P7VAAUCdg2.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Here's the video of it in action.

From the description,

"NEOSD PRO has 3840 MBITS divided into 5 full slots (1 RAM, 4 FLASH)

Menu loads instant

Can hold 5 full size games at the same time, it could hold 5 copies King Of Fighters 2003 (biggest neogeo game) at the same time, or it can hold the 5 biggest games at the same time (kof2k3, metal slug5, garou, snk vs capcom, samurai showdown 5)

4 of the slots are flash, so when you power off the console you don´t loose the flashed games

1 slot is ram, its faster to flash but when you power off, you loose the game

As today the biggest game (kof2k3) takes 1 minute and 7 seconds to be writen on RAM, but we think we should be able to reduce those times to about 50 seconds or a bit less

Small games such as windjammers take 6 seconds to write on RAM"

Anthony...

Oh yes. I'm liking this. Is this going to be MVS and AES compatible? I will bring my AES out of retirement for something like this. Well, I'll have ti get it fixed first. The image quality is all garbled on it.