IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back with Mr-Fox doing a great comparison of King of Fighters 2003 on the Neo-Geo and the Playstation 2. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"The King of Fighters 2003 was the last title in the series to be released on the Neo Geo system by then SNK Playmore. The game was also released on other consoles such as the PlayStation 2. Here's a quick comparison video between the 2 systems."

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This morning we are with Noel ComiX. Here's we see the kind sir reminding us why it's important to clean your Neo-Geo carts. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"What happens when you find a Neo Geo cart at a garage sale?"

Anthony...

Thanks for sharing this! Happy to be on the boards now! Sadly the cart is still not work despite using a 1up card. I plan to do a KOF 95 video very soon on the AES. Again thanks for all the awesome supporrt and great classic gaming knowledge.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with Noel from Noel ComiX doing a great review of King of Fighters '94. Enjoy what he says fellas. :)

From the description,

"Let's review King of Fighters 94 on the NEO-GEO AES! The future is now SNK!"

Anthony...

I miss my Amdek Color 1 monitor. That thing was an absolute beast at composite video!

• Like 1

Hello fellow Neo Geo fans. I'm new to the boards but have heard a lot about this place. I recently had a my You Tube video on the importance of taking care of Neo Geo carts posted here (feel free to browse my channel which has a lot of classic gaming content https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF1LeCKz6aidLRubdbb4qidzODysJtK6E) Does any body have any recomendations on getting a Neo Geo cart ridge working again? I recently aquired Art of Fighting 1 but it does not register in my AES. The contacts are all dim and brown and look nothing like the green contacts in my other Neo Geo carts. I have used q tips, an earser, rubbing alcohol, and a 1up card to clean this thing and nothing works. I don't know and have no real desire to open my cart. Any sugestions or is this thing just an orniment now?

• Like 2

Hello fellow Neo Geo fans. I'm new to the boards but have heard a lot about this place. I recently had a my You Tube video on the importance of taking care of Neo Geo carts posted here (feel free to browse my channel which has a lot of classic gaming content https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF1LeCKz6aidLRubdbb4qidzODysJtK6E) Does any body have any recomendations on getting a Neo Geo cart ridge working again? I recently aquired Art of Fighting 1 but it does not register in my AES. The contacts are all dim and brown and look nothing like the green contacts in my other Neo Geo carts. I have used q tips, an earser, rubbing alcohol, and a 1up card to clean this thing and nothing works. I don't know and have no real desire to open my cart. Any sugestions or is this thing just an orniment now?

Hi Noel,

Welcome Aboard to Atariage.com. Thank you for participating on The Official NEO-GEO Thread. Were glad to have you on with us. :waving:

Please enjoy your stay and were glad to see you here posting on the exciting Neo-Geo platforms with the many titles that it have to offer. Feel free to look around for your convenience and revert to the many pages that we accumulated here on the thread, Hopefully, we have a posting(s) that will be a benefit for you to help in your Neo-Geo endeavors! If you have any inquiries or concerns that you would like to address, you're more than welcome to write here that pertaining to the Neo-Geo! :)

Sorry about the Art of Fighting still not working. Maybe the contacts are damage? The other option is to open it up? But I don't know if you want to do that at this point.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi Noel,

Welcome Aboard to Atariage.com. Thank you for participating on The Official NEO-GEO Thread. Were glad to have you on with us. :waving:

Please enjoy your stay and were glad to see you here posting on the exciting Neo-Geo platforms with the many titles that it have to offer. Feel free to look around for your convenience and revert to the many pages that we accumulated here on the thread, Hopefully, we have a posting(s) that will be a benefit for you to help in your Neo-Geo endeavors! If you have any inquiries or concerns that you would like to address, you're more than welcome to write here that pertaining to the Neo-Geo! :)

Sorry about the Art of Fighting still not working. Maybe the contacts are damage? The other option is to open it up? But I don't know if you want to do that at this point.

Anthony...

Awesome!! And thanks

• Like 1

A little more abusive, but who knows -- isopropyl alcohol 91%, wet a magic erase fragment with it, and rub that up and down the pins. Then find an old Nintendo style cleaning kit and take the console cleaner piece or find a way to simulate it, soak that the same with the console unplugged obviously, and give that a thorough repeat firm insertion. If de-funking at that level doesn't work, the cart likely has damage up on a board trace or worse.

A little more abusive, but who knows -- isopropyl alcohol 91%, wet a magic erase fragment with it, and rub that up and down the pins. Then find an old Nintendo style cleaning kit and take the console cleaner piece or find a way to simulate it, soak that the same with the console unplugged obviously, and give that a thorough repeat firm insertion. If de-funking at that level doesn't work, the cart likely has damage up on a board trace or worse.

Thanks! I'll give it another go. I can't believe somebody let a Neo Geo cart get this bad.

• Like 1

I was wondering what your guys favorite sports are. Then was a game about it released for the Neo Geo and what is your opinion on the game. Personally my favorite sport is golf so two good golf games came out for it so I am happy with both of them.

• Like 2

The board for the older games are not green but a light brown. That's why the appear so different compared to the newer games.
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

1. New arcade boards would come with stickers, posters, etc. explaining those moves but i don't remember any arcade cabinet with those 1f605.png(as i understand, in Spain it was more common for arcade centers to rent than to buy the arcade boards so that might explain it)pic.twitter.com/yOEoMJ8yFJ

DglLCBmXcAEfrTi.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

1. There are 3 Fatal Fury movies with characters design by Masami Obari, the first 2 are based in Fatal Fury 1 and 2 with some licenses, they are fairly good, and then, we have Fatal Fury The Motion Picture, the best anime based in a videogame ever (IMO). #MySNKLife @SNKPofficialpic.twitter.com/sLH4Lp9Bls

DgPwb3XW0AEEfU-.jpg
    DgPwdd8WkAEShy6.jpg
    DgPwfDDX0AEMp1j.jpg
    DgPwgVPXcAAXrZk.jpg

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. 『アケアカNEOGEO マネーアイドルエクスチェンジャー』がSwitch、PS4、Xbox Oneで6月28日より配信開始 https://www.famitsu.com/news/201806/27159946.html pic.twitter.com/RSBXIUzJWX

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

"Akeaka NeoGeo Money Idol Exchanger" begins https://www. famitsu.com/news/201806/27159946.html to be delivered from June 28 on switch, PS4 and Xbox One.

DgsIpBGU8AEZYw0.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. 【KOFASのイラスト大公開その③】 以前紹介した「八神庵」の映像はいかがでしたか? 今回は「庵」のイラストを公開します! KOFASは絶賛事前登録受付中! 詳細は以下からご確認ください263a.pnghttp://kofallstar.netmarble.jp #KOFAS #KOF #キングオブファイターズ #八神庵 #イラストpic.twitter.com/i43WiwxRBK

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

[Kofas's illustration large ③] How was the image of "Yagami Iori" that was introduced before? This time, the illustration of "Iori" is released! Kofas is a pre-registration receptionist! Please check the details below ☺ http://kofallstar.netmarble.jp #KOFAS #KOF #キングオブファイターズ #八神庵 #イラスト.

DghiEcAU0AYHyFY.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. NeoGeo World Tour香港站 將於7月1日在Versus Stadium舉行 2728.png冠軍可獲SNK最新『NeoGeo Mini』一台1f381.png1f947.png1f3c6.png更會代表香港,於8月25及26日香港電競節期間舉辦的NeoGeo World Tour冠軍賽中,跟不同國家的代表爭奪王者之位!1f934-1f3fb.png1f525.png拳皇XIV 登記至10am 比賽時間10:30am 1f525.png拳皇98 登記至2pm KOFXIV賽事結束後pic.twitter.com/IE2qO1chsl

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Chinese by Microsoft

NeoGeo World Tour Hong Kong will hold a champion in versus stadium on July 1 snk the latest "NeoGeo Mini" will also represent Hong Kong, held during the Hong Kong Electric Competition Festival in August 25 and 26th The World Tour Championship, with representatives of different countries for the supremacy of the king! Boxing Emperor XIV registration to 10am game time 10:30am Boxing Emperor 98 registered to 2pm KOFXIV after the event

DgrSDr0UEAA8XwJ.jpg

Anthony..

• Like 1

I was wondering what your guys favorite sports are. Then was a game about it released for the Neo Geo and what is your opinion on the game. Personally my favorite sport is golf so two good golf games came out for it so I am happy with both of them.

Fave is Pro Wrestling Evan. (Well, really sports entertainment)

And that Neo-Geo game is 3 Count Bout. The game a a pain in the neck for me as a boy because I didn't know you had to weaken them before grappling them as you progressed in the game. But as I got older and found out how to surmount the CPU, it became a breeze for for me since. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with new Atariage member Noel from Noel ComiX doing another great video for us. So let's see him in action playing SVC Chaos. Enjoy. :)

Anthony..

Thanks for posting this. Love this game! I need to do one for Samurai Showdown V soon.

• Like 1