IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

1. I would like to wish a happy birthday to the official #NeoGeo thread on the AtariAge forums and special thanks to Anthony Durso for supporting all things related for the last 5 years. Please show your support to this incredible workpic.twitter.com/e7raKpJ7eG

D2cEiGJWoAE6euc.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Back with Atriage member Neo Gunloc having fun playing Real Bout Fatal Fury Special. Were in for a treat to see fellas. To celebrate the 5th anniversary of the Neo-Geo thread, Gunloc did a character play though with Hon-Fu. We never seen video regarding this player from the Fatal Fury series. So this will be a first and important moment for the thread.

In fact, I never seen his ending before. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Real Bout Fatal Fury Special / SNK Neo-Geo / Fighting Game / Hon-Fu / Neo Gunloc

And here is my first playthrough with a character that I have rarely played with... Hon-Fu !!"

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hey Dan, Aaron, Mark Sime, Paul, Russ, Dale, Glynn, Darrin, Allan, Bill, Rob, Allan, Reaper, Adriano, Tanooki,Shinu,

Thank you all for stopping by to celebrate the 5th anniversary on the Neo-Geo thread on Atariage.com It's always a pleasure to see you all on here posting away and thank you for contributing to the thread. Members like yourselves help keep motivating me to continue on here and getting newcomers and veterans alike together to be part of the action ,

Thank you as always fells. Keep up the great work you all do on Atariage and the video game community. :)

Anthony..

• Like 4

Hi guys,

To celebrate the 5th anniversary even further, here's a great video from Martial Gaming Chef . Thank you MGC. This video is really awesome. :)

From the description,

"Happy 5 year anniversary to the Neo Geo thread over at atariage.com. I also wanna give a big shoutout to Charlie Cat aka Anthony :) This is a really random video that I made for the 5 year anniversary and I hope you all enjoy it!"

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【予約商品のお知らせ】 本日から『SNK ARCADE SOUND DIGITAL COLLECTION Vol.2 限定特典付』予約開始!第2弾には『THE KING OF FIGHTERS '94』『THE KING OF FIGHTERS '95』収録!ご予約の方には『SNKオンラインショップオリジナルクリアファイル』付き! ▼詳細はコチラ! https://buff.ly/2U6AvBm pic.twitter.com/4yECCCYEZP

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

[Notice of the reservation] from today [sNK ARCADE SOUND DIGITAL COLLECTION Vol. 2 Limited benefits] Start booking! The second installment includes the KING OF FIGHTERS ' 94, THE KING OF FIGHTERS ' 95. For those who book, with "SNK online shop original clear File"! ▼ details are here! https://buff.ly/2U6AvBm

D2eQe9HWwAAPorc.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

The Neo Geo World Tour is coming to Osaka, Japan!
The roots of Neo Geo, the headquarters of SNK!

We are excited to collaborate with KVO x TSB 2019 to bring you the NGWT2 Osaka stop! Top fighters from all over Japan will compete for a qualifying spot in the next global finals for KOF XIV!

...See More
55448413_306695353329277_326752706628681
Neo Geo World Tour
Anthony..

Hey there again! since I'm new here, I'll be sharing a little personal experience with the NeoGeo.

As we all know, NeoGeo consoles and games were pretty expensive back in the days, so, for me and the majority of my friends, our experience was in the arcade.

The first time in my life when I went to an arcade was when I was around 14 years old. A friend took me to play his favorite game, a game with a guy called Mustapha fighting dinosaurs (yep, Cadillac and Dinosaurs). When I saw the game, it didn't trigger anything in me. However, an arcade cabinet in the other corner was so weird that I couldn't resist it's "weirdness"; it was a game about war, world war 2 maybe, but everything was funny looking; small characters, soldiers peeing when stabbed (yep blood was turned white :D , but no one knew it), you can pilot a funny looking tank, explosions and animations are super smooth etc, yeah, that was Metal Slug, the first one.

Despite my friends not encouraging me to play that game, for reasons like one hit means death, I couldn't resist and was addicted to the game. After some months, I became the master of Metal Slug in that arcade center. I was not just able to 1cc it, but also easily with only one life. So, players with only one life left do usually ask me to have it and show them the end of the game.

But those Metal Slug memories aren't all sweet, because there was another person, a friend who was as good as I'm and we usually play together, since the game gets harder on two players and therefore more challenging, not talking about the audience watching us. I said "there was", in the past, because that friend is no longer among us, he passed away years ago.

Well, that was my story with Metal Slug 1, haven't played the game in decades and I'm sure that I'll get my butt kicked if I try it now :D maybe someday I'll make a let's play and see how far I can go with one credits.

• Like 4

Hey there again! since I'm new here, I'll be sharing a little personal experience with the NeoGeo.

As we all know, NeoGeo consoles and games were pretty expensive back in the days, so, for me and the majority of my friends, our experience was in the arcade.

The first time in my life when I went to an arcade was when I was around 14 years old. A friend took me to play his favorite game, a game with a guy called Mustapha fighting dinosaurs (yep, Cadillac and Dinosaurs). When I saw the game, it didn't trigger anything in me. However, an arcade cabinet in the other corner was so weird that I couldn't resist it's "weirdness"; it was a game about war, world war 2 maybe, but everything was funny looking; small characters, soldiers peeing when stabbed (yep blood was turned white :D , but no one knew it), you can pilot a funny looking tank, explosions and animations are super smooth etc, yeah, that was Metal Slug, the first one.

Despite my friends not encouraging me to play that game, for reasons like one hit means death, I couldn't resist and was addicted to the game. After some months, I became the master of Metal Slug in that arcade center. I was not just able to 1cc it, but also easily with only one life. So, players with only one life left do usually ask me to have it and show them the end of the game.

But those Metal Slug memories aren't all sweet, because there was another person, a friend who was as good as I'm and we usually play together, since the game gets harder on two players and therefore more challenging, not talking about the audience watching us. I said "there was", in the past, because that friend is no longer among us, he passed away years ago.

Well, that was my story with Metal Slug 1, haven't played the game in decades and I'm sure that I'll get my butt kicked if I try it now :D maybe someday I'll make a let's play and see how far I can go with one credits.

Hey Shinu,

What an incredible posting you did bro. A Metal Slug fan I see. :) WOW. You one credited the game? With only one life as well? Now that's what I call a player with professional gaming skills bro. Like they say in Metal Slug when you complete a level...."You're Great" :-D :thumbsup:

Maybe one of these days we can see your skills in action with Metal Slug Shinu. Sorry about your friend Shinu. But the memories will last forever. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Well guys and girls its a little late but I hope you will all enjoy my video and Happy Anniversary all. Anthony thank you for being a great supporter to my channel this one is for you ;-)

Hi Big Bill,

What a well thought out and excellently made video to celebrate the the occasion of the 5th anniversary of the Neo-Geo thread on Atriage.com. The video was perfect the moment you started, to the moment it ended. Well done kind sir. This really means plenty to me and we really appreciate you doing this for us bro.

Glad to have you aboard with us kind sir. Keep up the great work you always do. 8^)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. Congratulations to @ET1120 for not only winning both #NGWT2 Las Vegas Stop KOF tournaments, but also both the #KOFXIII and #KOF2002UM tournaments by #VegasCup3! Taking home 4 KOF champion trophies this last weekend! 1f4aa-1f3fd.png@SNKPofficial @SNKAofficial @SNKPofficial_jp @brookgamingfanspic.twitter.com/D1rpIMya9a

D2gAz--U4AA2ENk.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. #NGWT2 Las Vegas Stop @ #VegasCup3 1f539.pngKOFXIV results: Winner - ET 1st runner up - ZJZ 2nd runner up - HUEVO* *qualifies for NGWT2 Global Finals Congratulations to all the fighters! HUEVO keep up the great play and see you at the Global Finals!1f525.png@SNKPofficial @brookgamingfanspic.twitter.com/hkwgx35WiA

D2gCbOsU0AEwZPL.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. On 2-5 May #NGWT2 is coming to Osaka, Japan, the roots of #NeoGeo & the headquarters of SNK! We are excited to collaborate with KVO x TSB 2019 to bring you the NGWT2 Osaka stop! 1f525.pngRegistration open!1f525.pnghttps://smash.gg/tournament/kvoxtsb-2019/ 1f538.pngMore info here: http://kvo2k.com/ pic.twitter.com/ZdFjzjjLNL

D2gF0tqU0AA-m56.jpg

Anthony...

Hey,

Happy belated 5 Year Anniversary!!! And congrats on this thread Anthony!

(I'm being fashionably late I guess ;)

Me,

I'd played a handful of fighters on the NEO GEO in arcades BITD...then VIEWPOINT came out and despite it's torturous difficulty I was rather blown away by it...

Then later a very cool bar & grille around here (called C.B. Potts, which has since closed :( used to have a NEO GEO cab with BUST A MOVE and that was always a blast!...Beer in one hand, joystick in the other*...Good times!

*OK that sentence was for illustrative purposes only as the beer was probably on this little table next to the NEO GEO Cabinet while we were actually playing it, but you get the idea.

• Like 1

Hey,

Happy belated 5 Year Anniversary!!! And congrats on this thread Anthony!

(I'm being fashionably late I guess ;)

Me,

I'd played a handful of fighters on the NEO GEO in arcades BITD...then VIEWPOINT came out and despite it's torturous difficulty I was rather blown away by it...

Then later a very cool bar & grille around here (called C.B. Potts, which has since closed :( used to have a NEO GEO cab with BUST A MOVE and that was always a blast!...Beer in one hand, joystick in the other*...Good times!

*OK that sentence was for illustrative purposes only as the beer was probably on this little table next to the NEO GEO Cabinet while we were actually playing it, but you get the idea.

Hey Gold,

Thank you for stopping by to mention the 5th anniversary wishes. No worries about it being a delayed reply. The party just beginning. :-D

That's cool to know that the bar & grille had the Neo-Geo cab with Bust-A-Move. Strangely enough, I knew of one that had a Neo-Geo unit with Bust-A-Move as well. What a small world we live in. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. The new @SamuraiShodown_, confirmed to be released on all major platforms! 1f525.png1f525.png1f525.png#PS4 and #XBOX ONE (June 2019) #Nintendo #Switch (Q4 2019) and PC afterwards. #samuraishodown #samuraispirits Enjoy 44 mins of gameplay by Gematsu:

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. SAMURAI SHODOWN (2019) - NEW SCREENSHOTS [1/3] New screenshots brought today by Gematsu of the new Samurai Shodown. Here we see Haohmaru, Genjuro, Nakoruru, Galford, Charlottle and Earthquake in action. Source: http://Gematsu.com #SAMURAISHODOWN #SAMURAISPIRITS #SAMSHOpic.twitter.com/vTKDR1qeXl

D2gzZHEXgAAvlgd.jpg
    D2gzax5X0AU8Ezh.jpg
    D2gzcOvXgAEAvxs.jpg
    D2gzeC-WsAAk5EG.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Anthony...

I like that exists, but I'm pissed off that the Switch and PC get second tier status over the samey closed pc media box consoles from Sony and MS. I'll just see how it plays out and what they price the late released games at to see if/when I bother. I don't *need* new games so much, so if my 2 of 4 systems of choice get ignored, my priority interest vanishes rapidly for other things.

• Like 1