IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back with AtariAge member James from RetroHQ. Want to update your NGCD Flashcart to a different casing? Look no further. Enjoy. ;-)

From the description,

"How to upgrade from the old style FDM PLA case to the new SLS style case. The newer case improves the reliabillity and aesthetics of the cartirdge."

Anthony..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I really could use that ugpraded case as my existing one is brittle and well being vain a bit, ugly.  It just looks and I guess it was, an amateur print job where it's uneven, shows layered print pattern, just very rough.

Glad you like it Tanooki. The rest in the community said that James did a better job with the new casing and worth exchanging into the new one. It's well worth it. ;-)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Metal Slug: franquia receberá dois novos jogos ainda em 2020

1:12 PM · Jun 10, 2020·Hootsuite Inc.

Metal Slug: franchise will receive two new games still in 2020

Since 1996, the Metal Slug franchise has graced fans with games full of adrenaline and comical situations. However, since…

By Yohan Bravo , In Other Games , Date: June 10, 2020 Tags: SNK Games , Metal Slug 2020 , New Metal Slug , SNK

Since 1996, the Metal Slug franchise has graced fans with games full of adrenaline and comical situations. However, since 2014 fans have not received a new game. After all, Metal Slug XX, released in 2018, was a remaster.

Now, it looks like SNK will promote the return of the franchise. Better yet, according to the company's executive director, two new titles will be launched in 2020… will we understand this story better?

Metal Slug: two new games!

Yesterday, June 9, SNK Corporation's chief executive, Jeon Se-Hwan, made fans of the Metal Slug franchise very excited by announcing that two new titles are on the way.

According to Se-Hwan, the two new games will be made available for different platforms, but have already been included in the company's annual product calendar.

As the executive pointed out, the first title, of the two that were mentioned, will be aimed at consoles and will focus on action-packed combat and many shots, that is, the classic formula of the franchise.

apps.40463.67365730739873005.28f37550-c70a-476f-95ea-c00339d89688.jpg

The other game will be a little different and will feature gameplay with elements of card games and side-scrolling. In addition, the initial idea is to make the game available for mobile devices (Android and iOS).

It is worth mentioning that Se-Hwan also stated that the games are already in an advanced development phase and the title of the consoles will target gamers between 30 and 40 years old. That is, we can look forward to a very nostalgic experience.

Well that's. Metal Slug will return in style and, although more information about the games has not been released, everything indicates that we will have beautiful adventures on the way. We have to keep an eye on these projects. To the next…

056a7dde551a936b66eba46d5ee99058?s=100&d

Greetings! I'm Yohan Bravo, I'm 29 and I'm a Ghostwriter by choice. I write about what I love: games, anime and a number of other things. Occasionally, I write about my daydreams and create lyrics of songs never sung.

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

This evening, were with Faris Faraday. Here we see a teardown and replacement job on the Neo Geo Arcade Stick Pro. Let's see how it goes. Enjoy. ;-)

From the description,

"We replace the buttons in the Neo Geo Arcade Stick Pro with Sanwa buttons, then replace the 4-way gate with an 8-way gate for proper Fatal Fury and Samurai Spirits Action!"

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

The SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION (JP Ver.) is now available for pre-order. Until July 23rd, the game will be offered at a special pre-order price of ¥6,980 for the LIMITED EDITION ! Don't miss your chance to save! https://zenmarket.jp/s/snkonlineshop/4580015699643?id=52ecaa56-842b-4d0e-a72a-27a7c895a7c7

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お仕事情報】「サムライスピリッツ ネオジオコレクション」の限定版に付属するスペシャルアートブックにて応援イラストを描かせていただきました

サムスピ大好きだったので描かせていただけて嬉しいです

よろしくお願いします

https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/ssngc/ #サムコレ
Translated from Japanese by
[Job Information] I have drawn a supporting illustration in the special art book attached to the limited edition of "Samurai Spirits Neo Geo Collection"

I love Samspi, so I'm happy to draw it.

Thank you

https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/ssngc/#サムコレ

5:50 AM · Jun 10, 2020·

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【博多店】「SNK美少女祭りinゲーマーズ」ついに本日よりスタートです!限定グッズの販売や購入特典のお渡しなどがございます!! 詳細はコチラ⇒https://gamers.co.jp/contents/event_fair/detail.php?id=382 #SNK
[Hakata store] "SNK Bishoujo Matsuri in Gamers" is finally starting today! There are sales of limited goods and handing out purchase benefits! ! Click here for details ⇒https://gamers.co.jp/contents/event_fair/detail.php?id=382#SNK

Anthony..

Hi guys,

\This calls for a celebration

/ 6月24日は【ロック・ハワード】の誕生日! 誕生日を記念して、このアカウントをフォロー&RTで、1名様にNEOGEO miniと誕生日記念イラストグッズが当たります

キャンペーンは6/24(水)まで♪ http://urx.space/0iQE #SNK #ロック・ハワード生誕祭
\This calls for a celebration

/ June 24th is the birthday of [Rock Howard]! To celebrate your birthday, follow this account & RT to win one NEOGEO mini and birthday commemorative illustration goods.

Campaign ends on 6/24 (Wednesday) ♪ http://urx.space/0iQE #SNK#ロック・ハワード生誕祭

9:31 PM · Jun 10, 2020·

Anthony..

Hi guys,

#サムコレ サウンド開発小話】 「SAMURAI SPIRITS(2019)」のサウンドディレクターが振り返る、サウンド開発小話! 今回は、伊賀最強の忍者『服部半蔵』! 動画では旧BGM「影」から新BGM「天誅」に切り替わりますので、是非聞き比べてみてください! https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/ssngc/
[ #サムコレ Sound development story] Sound development story that the sound director of "SAMURAI SPIRITS (2019)" looks back on! This time, Iga's strongest ninja "Hattori Hanzo"! In the video, the old BGM "Shadow" will be switched to the new BGM "Tenchu", so please compare them! https://snk-corp.co.jp/official/ssngc/

Anthony..

19 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

Metal Slug: franquia receberá dois novos jogos ainda em 2020

1:12 PM · Jun 10, 2020·Hootsuite Inc.

Metal Slug: franchise will receive two new games still in 2020

Since 1996, the Metal Slug franchise has graced fans with games full of adrenaline and comical situations. However, since…

By Yohan Bravo , In Other Games , Date: June 10, 2020 Tags: SNK Games , Metal Slug 2020 , New Metal Slug , SNK

Since 1996, the Metal Slug franchise has graced fans with games full of adrenaline and comical situations. However, since 2014 fans have not received a new game. After all, Metal Slug XX, released in 2018, was a remaster.

Now, it looks like SNK will promote the return of the franchise. Better yet, according to the company's executive director, two new titles will be launched in 2020… will we understand this story better?

Metal Slug: two new games!

Yesterday, June 9, SNK Corporation's chief executive, Jeon Se-Hwan, made fans of the Metal Slug franchise very excited by announcing that two new titles are on the way.

According to Se-Hwan, the two new games will be made available for different platforms, but have already been included in the company's annual product calendar.

As the executive pointed out, the first title, of the two that were mentioned, will be aimed at consoles and will focus on action-packed combat and many shots, that is, the classic formula of the franchise.

apps.40463.67365730739873005.28f37550-c70a-476f-95ea-c00339d89688.jpg

The other game will be a little different and will feature gameplay with elements of card games and side-scrolling. In addition, the initial idea is to make the game available for mobile devices (Android and iOS).

It is worth mentioning that Se-Hwan also stated that the games are already in an advanced development phase and the title of the consoles will target gamers between 30 and 40 years old. That is, we can look forward to a very nostalgic experience.

Well that's. Metal Slug will return in style and, although more information about the games has not been released, everything indicates that we will have beautiful adventures on the way. We have to keep an eye on these projects. To the next…

056a7dde551a936b66eba46d5ee99058?s=100&d

Greetings! I'm Yohan Bravo, I'm 29 and I'm a Ghostwriter by choice. I write about what I love: games, anime and a number of other things. Occasionally, I write about my daydreams and create lyrics of songs never sung.

Anthony..

Very nice!  Can't wait to see what they have in store for the franchise.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Thanks to everyone for their patience and support. The Samurai Shodown NEOGEO Collection is out now on the Store and will be free until 6/18/2020 at 8:00am. We hope to see you all online!

Anthony...

The Collection currently has massive issues with online play and I've had it crash a couple of times too. All games default to Level 2 difficulty instead of the correct Level 4 for some reason but that's easy to change. The offline games are still as good as ever and it's free from the Epic Game Store for a week or two so grab it there if you want to try out SSV Perfect and own good ports of the other games that will hopefully get their online modes fixed soon

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ohfivepro said:

The Collection currently has massive issues with online play and I've had it crash a couple of times too. All games default to Level 2 difficulty instead of the correct Level 4 for some reason but that's easy to change. The offline games are still as good as ever and it's free from the Epic Game Store for a week or two so grab it there if you want to try out SSV Perfect and own good ports of the other games that will hopefully get their online modes fixed soon

Interesting to know Paul. I was going to get one because it's free, but maybe I'll do so before the promotion is over and hopefully they will fix the bugs before hand. Thank you for the heads up on what to expect. :thumbsup:

Anthony.. 

It's certainly worth getting for free Anthony and hopefully the bugs get fixed. The museum has lots of good info and art and the base games are still as good as ever. I'd be very wary about spending money of any of the incoming PC / Console ports until this Epic Store one gets fixed though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ohfivepro said:

It's certainly worth getting for free Anthony and hopefully the bugs get fixed. The museum has lots of good info and art and the base games are still as good as ever. I'd be very wary about spending money of any of the incoming PC / Console ports until this Epic Store one gets fixed though

Good to know Paul. I'll keep this in mind. The museum section must be amazing from what your saying. I love seeing SNK art and learning more knowledge from the info section. Thanks Paul. Excellent information for us to know and thank you for looking out for us kind sir. :thumbsup: ;-)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hey guys, super random, but I saw a video from someone on Facebook showing off their MVS collection and noticed that there was a red mark on their copy of Fatal Fury Special. I actually have the same red mark on my copy and never thought anything of it until I saw this video. It doesn't seem to be on any other game, but now I have seen two on ff special kits. Any ideas as to what the mark is for? (It is hard to see in the screenshot I took of his video, but it is very clear in the picture I took of my own copy)Screenshot_20200611-232110_Facebook.thumb.jpg.df1bd2047c2d88a02ebf8d13fe91582b.jpg20200611_184608.thumb.jpg.593d11aeae6662c72c43612f67241984.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RedGamer said:

Hey guys, super random, but I saw a video from someone on Facebook showing off their MVS collection and noticed that there was a red mark on their copy of Fatal Fury Special. I actually have the same red mark on my copy and never thought anything of it until I saw this video. It doesn't seem to be on any other game, but now I have seen two on ff special kits. Any ideas as to what the mark is for? (It is hard to see in the screenshot I took of his video, but it is very clear in the picture I took of my own copy)

Hey Justin.

Glad to see you with us bro. Hmmm. I actually don't know. I never seen that before. But I I just contacted NeoGeoCollector and shared the posting with him. He's not sure what it is either. He said he's going to investigate for us to see what he can find out. I'll post this up on Twitter to let others be aware of it. Maybe they have answer regarding it.  

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Starting today, SAMURAI SHODOWN will be available to download on the Epic Games Store! Purchase today and get DLC 10% OFF! (Sale ends June 26th at 12AM EDT) #SNK #SamSho https://epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/samurai-shodown-reboot/home?lang=en-US

Anthony..