IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Cover art for the december 2003 issue of Arcadia by former SNK artist Hiroaki (Buriki One, KOF, Advance Wars 4).
Quote Tweet

exe_MB-d_normal.jpg

ヒ ロ ア キ( イラストレーター )

@SUPER_HIROAKI
· Sep 19
『GUILTY GEAR 鶍[ISUKA]』月刊アルカディア表紙(2003年) #ギルティギア #GuiltyGear

GuiltyGear

Anthony..

Hi guys,

「ナコルル」のビッグアクリルパネルの受注が間もなく終了!前後にアクリルを1枚ずつ使用しているため、立体的なイラストが楽しめます! 受注期間:2020年9月20日(日)23:59まで お届け予定日:2020年10月11日(日) ★商品はコチラ★ https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015704033.html

#SNK #サムスピ #ナコルル
Translated from Japanese by
Orders for the big acrylic panel of "Nakoruru" will soon end! You can enjoy three-dimensional illustrations because one acrylic is used on the front and back! Order period: September 20, 2020 (Sun) 23:59 Expected delivery date: October 11, 2020 (Sun) ★ Click here for products ★ https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015704033.html

#SNK#サムスピ#ナコルル

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

ワタシのゲーム機の価格基準はネオジオ本体より安いか、そして携帯ゲーム機の価格基準はネオジオのソフトより安いか。 柴田亜美 #柴田亜美 #PS5

#NEOGEO #星のカービィ #餓狼伝説 ボイス付きパプワくんグンマ博士編クイズYouTubeはコチラ

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TqNTir-fWLs&feature=youtu.be

Is the price standard of my game console cheaper than the Neo Geo itself, and is the price standard of the handheld game console cheaper than the Neo Geo software? Ami Shibata #柴田亜美#PS5

#NEOGEO#星のカービィ#餓狼伝説 Papwa-kun with voice Dr. Gunma quiz Click here for YouTube

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TqNTir-fWLs&feature=youtu.be

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】

新規スタンプ販売のご案内

SNS画面で使える新しいスタンプが登場! この機会にファイターとSNSでの交流を楽しみましょう! ◆開催期間 9月20日 (日) 18:00 ~ 9月29日 (火) 23:59 #KOFG #KOF乙女
【Notice】

Information on new stamp sales

Introducing new stamps that can be used on SNS screens! Let's take this opportunity to enjoy interacting with fighters on SNS! ◆ Holding period September 20th (Sun) 18: 00-September 29th (Tue) 23:59 #KOFG#KOF乙女

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Interesting videogame review from 1994 regarding Art of Fighting 2 by Interactive Entertainment Magazine. Never heard of them before, but let's listen in on this gaming archive piece that's 26 years old shall we? ;-)

From the descrtion,

"This review is from Interactive Entertainment Magazine (Episode 03 - July 1994) . A multimedia CD-ROM magazine which ran for 23 issues.

Anthony..

• Like 1

One of my friends came to my house today. He's a big fan of Neo Geo games, but he's never used the actual Neo Geo before aside from a few years ago when we played Metal Slug X on one of the MVS cabinets (inside a Sega Astro City, actually) at the local arcade. Anyway, we had a lot of fun with the Neo Geo and we played Neo Turf Masters for like 2 hours or something and a few other games as well.

The Darksoft cart seemed to behave pretty well today, so I'm happy. I mentioned before that Mark of the Wolves had a bunch of glitchy graphics, but we played it for like 30 minutes or so and I didn't see anything strange happen. Nice, game, too, but I think Terry is kind of bad in Mark of the Wolves, unfortunately, at least compared to how he is in KOF '98, where he's pretty good. I think pretty much everything he has in Mark of the Wolves is slow, unsafe on block, and even some stuff that is unsafe on hit, sadly. Of course, the worst part is that he doesn't have his hat anymore! Still not going to give up on Terry, though!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

One of my friends came to my house today. He's a big fan of Neo Geo games, but he's never used the actual Neo Geo before aside from a few years ago when we played Metal Slug X on one of the MVS cabinets (inside a Sega Astro City, actually) at the local arcade. Anyway, we had a lot of fun with the Neo Geo and we played Neo Turf Masters for like 2 hours or something and a few other games as well.

The Darksoft cart seemed to behave pretty well today, so I'm happy. I mentioned before that Mark of the Wolves had a bunch of glitchy graphics, but we played it for like 30 minutes or so and I didn't see anything strange happen. Nice, game, too, but I think Terry is kind of bad in Mark of the Wolves, unfortunately, at least compared to how he is in KOF '98, where he's pretty good. I think pretty much everything he has in Mark of the Wolves is slow, unsafe on block, and even some stuff that is unsafe on hit, sadly. Of course, the worst part is that he doesn't have his hat anymore! Still not going to give up on Terry, though!

That's really cool that you had a friend coming over to play Neo-Geo Steve. Glad he enjoyed it and had plenty of fun. :thumbsup:

I have to say personally, I really never was big on having friends or even family relatives come over to play video games when I was younger. My personal experience regarding it wasn't 100% positive. I had my cousins steal my SNES and N64 games few times and had 1 or 2 friendships affected when they came over that they weren't the same ever since. So I stop doing so. Even when I have family get togethers, I would lock my door to make sure that nobody have access to the game room. I don't like to present myself like some kind of ogre, just don't want to relive the hassle that I dealt with in the past. :(

But I do have exceptions though, like  the members and guest that help contribute to the Neo-Geo thread that I know throughout the years and established the level of trust with. Then I would be glad to have them over to play games and have good eats with. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【MSA お知らせ】 Ver.5.13.0へのアプリアップデートのため、9月24日 13:00~16:00の時間にメンテナンスを実施いたします。 メンテナンス中はアプリをプレイできませんのでご注意ください。 #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20200922_02ey14o.html

[MSA Notice] Due to the application update to Ver.5.13.0, maintenance will be carried out from 13:00 to 16:00 on September 24th. Please note that you will not be able to play the app during maintenance. #MSA#メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20200922_02ey14o.html

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【開発チームからの事前案内】 近日実施予定の アップデート情報をコミュニティにて公開! ・バトルカード成長システムの変更 ・トライアルクエスト実装 ・ギルドレイド実装予定 ・新規刻印石 など 詳細はこちら▼ http://forum.netmarble.com/kofas/view/3/2725

#KOFAS #KOF
[Advance guidance from the development team] The upcoming update information will be released to the community! ・ Change of battle card growth system ・ Trial quest implementation ・ Guild raid implementation schedule ・ New engraved stone etc. Click here for details ▼ http://forum.netmarble.com/kofas/view/3/2725

#KOFAS#KOF

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【ガチャ】

「悪戯ハロウィン第1弾」ガチャ登場!?

ハロウィン衣装のファイターたちと過ごすストーリーつきのSRカード8種が追加! 10回ガチャでは 4回目で追加カード確定ガチャチケット 8回目で追加カードセレクトチケットがもらえる豪華おまけつき!

#KOFG #KOF乙女
[Gacha]

"Mischief Halloween 1st" gacha is here! ??

Eight SR cards with stories to spend with Halloween costume fighters have been added! In 10 times gacha Additional card confirmed gacha ticket at the 4th time With a luxurious bonus that you can get an additional card select ticket at the 8th time!

#KOFG#KOF乙女

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【スペシャルガチャ開催!】 「美しき蹴撃のイリュージョン」スペシャルガチャが開催されます。LR格闘家「キング゙XIII Ver」を手に入れるチャンスは今だ! 詳しくはゲーム内にてご確認ください

http://bit.ly/2LaJzi1

#KOF98UMOL #スペシャルガチャ
[Special gacha held! ] "Beautiful Kicking Illusion" special gacha will be held. Now is your chance to get the LR fighter "King XIII Ver"! Please check in-game for details

http://bit.ly/2LaJzi1

#KOF98UMOL#スペシャルガチャ

Anthony...

8 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

That's really cool that you had a friend coming over to play Neo-Geo Steve. Glad he enjoyed it and had plenty of fun. :thumbsup:

I have to say personally, I really never was big on having friends or even family relatives come over to play video games when I was younger. My personal experience regarding it wasn't 100% positive. I had my cousins steal my SNES and N64 games few times and had 1 or 2 friendships affected when they came over that they weren't the same ever since. So I stop doing so. Even when I have family get togethers, I would lock my door to make sure that nobody have access to the game room. I don't like to present myself like some kind of ogre, just don't want to relive the hassle that I dealt with in the past. :(

But I do have exceptions though, like  the members and guest that help contribute to the Neo-Geo thread that I know throughout the years and established the level of trust with. Then I would be glad to have them over to play games and have good eats with. :)

Anthony..

Yeah, the Neo Geo is a lot of fun and I think it's probably the best system for multiplayer that has ever been made. Basically almost every game has multiplayer, is easy to play, and is a lot of fun, which makes it easy to just put almost any game in your Neo Geo and start playing it with your friends immediately.

I went to Akiba today to find Garou Densetsu. It's completely gone and there are no copies that I could find. I did find an excellent copy of Garou: Mark of the Wolves for I think 84800 or 86800 yen or something like that. Spine is a bit faded on the box, manual has a slight crease on the cover, and the cart has some minor signs of use, but it's in nice shape overall. That's way too expensive for me, but it's still nice to find a copy of a rare game like that.

Anyway, I couldn't find Garou Densetsu, but I found Garou Densetsu 2 and Garou Densetsu Special (and Garou Densetsu 3, and Real Bout Garou Densetsu, and Real Bout 2, and Mark of the Wolves...). Garou Densetsu and Garou Densetsu Special are pretty much the same price at 3000 yen each. Yes, they are much cheaper in stores here than the same games are on ebay, which pretty much shows that ebay sellers are attempting to rip you off. So is there any point in getting Garou Densetsu 2 instead of Special or should I just get Special and ignore 2 completely?

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 2

I got a mini HDMI cable so I can hook the Neo Geo Mini up to the big screen. I know it's been criticized for not having perfectly sharp video output via HDMI, but I have to say I think that issue was really overblown. Yeah, it's a slightly soft image but not a dealbreaker by any means.

I mean, come on. I came up with a 2600 connected via RF box and played on Channel 3 with interference coming from any other appliance that got switched on in the household. Then, years of other consoles played through composite cables on less-than-stellar TVs. The point is, I never had the ideal video output in the past and it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the games on any console. If someone gets badly hung up on things not being the absolute pinnacle of perfection, well, that's pretty tough for them.

The other factor is, I'm pretty sure these Youtubers have analytics that show that they consistently get more views by being stridently negative and hyperbolic in their reviews. My own experience is, it's a blast to play Blazing Star on the big screen! Now I'm thinking about getting an external controller for the Mini. This thing is a gem!

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 9:24 AM, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

Interesting videogame review from 1994 regarding Art of Fighting 2 by Interactive Entertainment Magazine. Never heard of them before, but let's listen in on this gaming archive piece that's 26 years old shall we? ;-)

From the descrtion,

"This review is from Interactive Entertainment Magazine (Episode 03 - July 1994) . A multimedia CD-ROM magazine which ran for 23 issues.

Anthony..

Wow I have never heard of these guys either but he clearly missed the brief, terrible and harsh review of one of my favourite fighting games. Did agree one thing though the game is tough as hell but it’s a challenge as it should be ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, the Neo Geo is a lot of fun and I think it's probably the best system for multiplayer that has ever been made. Basically almost every game has multiplayer, is easy to play, and is a lot of fun, which makes it easy to just put almost any game in your Neo Geo and start playing it with your friends immediately.

Interestingly Steve, you really want to try something cool with the Neo-Geo in regards to multiplayer? I had 2 of my Neo-Geo hooked up one to play Riding Hero with the 4 player option link. I have 2 cartridges of the game and we had fun playing it with my family. Really was interesting to do because I never did that before. But was exciting no doubt. I'm trying to do the same with League Bowling, but I need another cart for that one. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

6 hours ago, Zoyous said:

I got a mini HDMI cable so I can hook the Neo Geo Mini up to the big screen. I know it's been criticized for not having perfectly sharp video output via HDMI, but I have to say I think that issue was really overblown. Yeah, it's a slightly soft image but not a dealbreaker by any means.

I mean, come on. I came up with a 2600 connected via RF box and played on Channel 3 with interference coming from any other appliance that got switched on in the household. Then, years of other consoles played through composite cables on less-than-stellar TVs. The point is, I never had the ideal video output in the past and it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the games on any console. If someone gets badly hung up on things not being the absolute pinnacle of perfection, well, that's pretty tough for them.

The other factor is, I'm pretty sure these Youtubers have analytics that show that they consistently get more views by being stridently negative and hyperbolic in their reviews. My own experience is, it's a blast to play Blazing Star on the big screen! Now I'm thinking about getting an external controller for the Mini. This thing is a gem!

I agree Zoyous.

The Neo-Geo Mini isn't bad at all. It's really enjoyable to play on the big screen just as much. I fell the same why with the YouTubers as well with the reviews, Come to think of it, when I use to see uploads of them talking negatively about the units, their view count was high, yet when others thought positively on the console, the count was the opposite.

Do people like to see something fail? I hope I'm wrong, but that terrible for that to occur. :(

Anthony.. 

5 hours ago, aduffy1976 said:

Wow I have never heard of these guys either but he clearly missed the brief, terrible and harsh review of one of my favourite fighting games. Did agree one thing though the game is tough as hell but it’s a challenge as it should be ?

So true Allan,

I like the nostalgic feel to this video being 26 years old, but they clearly didn't give this game much chance. I think hey just played it a few times, played different characters, and reviewed it all under 15-30 mins tops just to get it out of the way. Pity, Art of Fighting 2 is my favorite in the series. 

Anthony

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sapicco said:

I’ve never owned a neo geo so I am not connected to it in any way, however I want baseball stars pro 1, and more so 2. You’d think At least one of the minis would include these games....

Ah, superb choices of games you picked Sapicco. Baseball Stars Professional and Baseball Stars 2 are fun games to play.I like the voice of B.J. Love calling the game though out the time playing it. I wonder what happen to him.

Anthony..

12 hours ago, Zoyous said:

Hey,just want to say I agree with all of this!

I love playing my NeoGeo mini on my TV and I like the picture just fine.

And sure,that is probably because I have been playing video games on old TVs for 45 years.

But really I think the games look pretty good on my big screen. Enjoy!?

• Like 2