IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

おはようございます。 不知火舞さん好きですよ。 格ゲーで女性キャラも使います。 豪血寺一族ではアンジェラ使ってたわ。 柴田亜美 #柴田亜美 #餓狼伝説 #不知火舞 #SNK 今夜ドクター高松編がアップされますので、おさらいにグンマ博士のクイズYouTubeを

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TqNTir-fWLs&feature=youtu.be

Translated from Japanese by
Good morning. I like Mai Shiranui. I also use female characters in the case game. The Power Instinct clan used Angela. Ami Shibata #柴田亜美#餓狼伝説#不知火舞#SNK Dr. Takamatsu's edition will be uploaded tonight, so let's review Dr. Gunma's quiz YouTube.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TqNTir-fWLs&feature=youtu.be

Anthony...

Hi guys,

おはようございます! 今はちょうどお彼岸の時期ですね。 この時期に咲く花と言えば彼岸花ですが、赤だけでなく白いものもあるのをご存知でしょうか? 花言葉は「また会う日を楽しみに」。 その言葉を胸に、お墓参りに行ってみるのも良いかもしれません。 今週もよろしくお願いします!
Good morning! Now is the time of the equinoctial week. The flowers that bloom at this time are cluster amaryllis, but did you know that there are white ones as well as red ones? The flower language is "Look forward to the day we meet again." With that word in mind, it may be a good idea to visit the grave. I look forward to working with you again this week!

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【特効カードのご紹介】 イベント「Shadow of the "GAROU"」で編成することでイベントアイテム「KOFブロンズメダル」がたくさん手に入るカードのご紹介

全8ファイターのハロウィンカードが特効対象に!

※1回目の覚醒をすると特効対象となります。 ※覚醒させていくとさらに効果アップ! #KOFG
[Introduction of special effects card] Introducing cards that you can get a lot of event item "KOF bronze medal" by organizing at the event "Shadow of the" GAROU ""

All 8 fighter Halloween cards are eligible for special effects!

※ The first awakening will be a special effect. ※ The effect will be further improved if you awaken! #KOFG

Anthony..

Forgot to mention it yesterday, but I found a Neo Geo X Gold CIB for I think 22500 yen or something. Not sure if it's worth it, but I have been considering getting one just to have a handheld Neo Geo. I may get it if it's still there in a few days, but I'm honestly thinking more about that Mark of the Wolves instead! Definitely not something I should buy (both of them, actually), but it would be nice to have both of them, especially Mark of the Wolves!

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Some of these cards are signed (under pseudonym though). Baseball Stars Professional by Toyohisa Tanabe / Toyochan (who later directed the ill-fated Capcom Fighting All Stars). JoyJoy Kid by Hisa (probably Naohisa Yamaguchi, illustrator and logo designer at SNK during the 90s).

Anthony...

So I played Andro Dunos maybe 2 weeks ago, but that's not really what I want to talk about. What I do want to talk about is that Andro Dunos is apparently getting a sequel, which is supposed to be released on the Switch this year! I'm surprised that it has not been mentioned here yet! Anyway, if there is a physical release of Andro Dunos 2, I'll definitely try to get it if I can.

Waiting for Amazon to deliver my copy of 13 Sentinels and then I'm probably going to go back to Akiba to get at least 1 cheap Neo Geo game, as I found a few for about 3000 yen the other day. Have not decided which one I want, but it will either be Garou Densetsu 2, Garou Densetsu Special, or maybe Shin Samurai Spirits since I've heard it's good. I'm not into fighting games, as I've said before, but I'd at least like to get all of the Garou Densetsu/Fatal Fury series for AES.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

So I played Andro Dunos maybe 2 weeks ago, but that's not really what I want to talk about. What I do want to talk about is that Andro Dunos is apparently getting a sequel, which is supposed to be released on the Switch this year! I'm surprised that it has not been mentioned here yet! Anyway, if there is a physical release of Andro Dunos 2, I'll definitely try to get it if I can.

That's right Steve. I forgot about it. Thank you for brining it up. I was reading up on that and really looks interesting. I want to play Andro Dunos 2 and maybe there's someone out there that could make a Neo-Geo version of it. I would buy it. 8^)

Anthony..

13 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Let me go and find the YouTube video of it and I'll post it up on the thread. Be right back.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Andro Dunos, the enjoyable 2D shooter for the Neo-Geo that was created by Visco now has a sequel. Here's Andro Dunos 2 for the Nintendo Switch. Enjoy.  :)

Nintendo Life

Neo Geo Shmup Andro Dunos Is Getting A Switch-Based Sequel

Well, that was unexpected. Andro Dunos might not be at the top of your list of must-have side-scrolling blasters from the early '90s, but it's just been announced that it's getting a sequel, and it's coming to Switch.

The original game launched on SNK's legendary Neo Geo system in 1992, with Visco Corporation handling development. The existence of Andro Dunos 2 (and its 2020 release window) was actually teased by publisher PixelHeart earlier in the year, but this is the first time we've seen the game in action.

Do you recall the original from your days in the arcades? Are you a shooter fan who will be picking this one up? Let us know with a comment.

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

5 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

Andro Dunos, the enjoyable 2D shooter for the Neo-Geo that was created by Visco now has a sequel. Here's Andro Dunos 2 for the Nintendo Switch. Enjoy.  :)

Nintendo Life

Neo Geo Shmup Andro Dunos Is Getting A Switch-Based Sequel

Well, that was unexpected. Andro Dunos might not be at the top of your list of must-have side-scrolling blasters from the early '90s, but it's just been announced that it's getting a sequel, and it's coming to Switch.

The original game launched on SNK's legendary Neo Geo system in 1992, with Visco Corporation handling development. The existence of Andro Dunos 2 (and its 2020 release window) was actually teased by publisher PixelHeart earlier in the year, but this is the first time we've seen the game in action.

Do you recall the original from your days in the arcades? Are you a shooter fan who will be picking this one up? Let us know with a comment.

Anthony..

Yeah, that's the one. Honestly it looks like it should be possible on the Neo Geo. Interesting that it seems to run in 4:3, as well.

Anyway, UPS took a while to get 13 Sentinels to me, so no new Neo Geo games today. Might go tomorrow, though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, glazball said:

Will Andro Dunos 2 be getting a physical release that we know of?  I'm a bit burnt out on all the compilations, reissues, collections, etc that we've seen lately...  but this definitely has my interest piqued!

Hi Drew,

Thank you for posting on the Neo-Geo thread. Glad to have you aboard and thank you for posting your question with us. :)

That's interesting to ask since I would love to have a physical copy of the game myself. I love Andro Dunos for the Neo-Geo and would love to see someone in the indie market universe  to make a version for the Neo-Geo alone. Now for the Nintendo Switch, I would imagine that they will since PixelHeart teased about it, and is the one that mention it to us in the first place. Those fellas do lots of pre-orders for games on their website. So I feel it's safe to say yes. :)

Thank you again and submitting your question with us Drew. Sorry since all this material is rather new to us with the game as of now, but I hope the response from me is beneficial for you. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Speaking of Neo Geo (but not) games... I did get a pristine complete (sleeve, mini disc, etc) copy of Metal Slug 7 in the mail for DS.  Ahh there's some fun from the sequel many have skipped.

And being an owner of Andro Dunos I was really happy to see a sequel after so long being done, hope it does justice and that it has a physical release as I'd strongly consider buying that too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, that's the one. Honestly it looks like it should be possible on the Neo Geo. Interesting that it seems to run in 4:3, as well.

Anyway, UPS took a while to get 13 Sentinels to me, so no new Neo Geo games today. Might go tomorrow, though.

I agree Steve. I hope a indie developer out there will make a version for the Neo-Geo. I would buy it right away. :)

Anthony..

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Speaking of Neo Geo (but not) games... I did get a pristine complete (sleeve, mini disc, etc) copy of Metal Slug 7 in the mail for DS.  Ahh there's some fun from the sequel many have skipped.

And being an owner of Andro Dunos I was really happy to see a sequel after so long being done, hope it does justice and that it has a physical release as I'd strongly consider buying that too.

Same here Tanooki. I was happy that a sequel for Andro Dunos will be avalible soon. I would love to have a physical copy of a AES version if a developer would be interested on doing so.  

Oooh, Metal Slug 7. A superb choice bro. I got that gem in the collection myself. :thumbsup:

Anthony..

8 hours ago, ohfivepro said:

And another 10 floors beaten - this time with a sound glitch between floors 4 and 5

5 hours ago, ohfivepro said:

And it's finished. A great game when broken down into 10 floor segments. 120 floors + 4hrs play in one sitting when you can game over in an instant's a bit much for me and saving after every stage kinda defeats the purpose so this '10 floors beaten in 1 sitting then save' was a best of both worlds

Wow! Very impressive Paul. Always enjoy your content you share with us. The Joy Joy Kid vids that you provided made me take out mine to play this afternoon. Thanks bro. It really is fun to play. Hope others will do the same by playing it. :)

Anthony...