IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

3 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

That looks incredible,what an amazing work of art and skill.

You have amazing craftman talents for sure!

I am glad Anthony brought this to my attention because I am so glad to have been able to see you build that great cabinet.

I hope you have many years of enjoyment playing games on your beautiful machine!?

This is amazing work! Easily the best cabinet build I've ever seen. You should be proud of your skills. Just in time for Xmas gaming

• Like 4

I'm back! I guess I can say

Kept you waiting, huh?

...yeah, sorry, I had to say it.

Anyway, I'll get around to checking everything that I missed eventually. For now, I just thought I'd stop by to mention that I think I might pass on the Arcade Stick Pro after all. It's probably a nice product, but in the end, it's an emulator box inside an arcade stick, which means that my Neo Geo can do everything that I'd want from this thing but better and I have no use for an arcade stick aside from the ones for my Neo Geo, so basically it would be a waste of money for me. I do kind of want it, but, rationally, it's not something that I need, so I'll probably pass on it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I'm back! I guess I can say

Kept you waiting, huh?

...yeah, sorry, I had to say it.

Anyway, I'll get around to checking everything that I missed eventually. For now, I just thought I'd stop by to mention that I think I might pass on the Arcade Stick Pro after all. It's probably a nice product, but in the end, it's an emulator box inside an arcade stick, which means that my Neo Geo can do everything that I'd want from this thing but better and I have no use for an arcade stick aside from the ones for my Neo Geo, so basically it would be a waste of money for me. I do kind of want it, but, rationally, it's not something that I need, so I'll probably pass on it.

Hey Steve,

Great to see you back with us bro. :thumbsup: ;-) 

No worries about the Arcade Stick Pro. In fact, I haven't thought about buying it either as of now. Nice as it is, I'll wait maybe in 2021 to see if I can purchase it at a better price. Still not 100% pleased on the price for it. As much as I think it's cool as well, I don't feel comfortable paying top dollar for it. I made that mistake with the Neo-Geo Mini. Now I'll just wait a little longer since.   ;-)

Thank you for stopping by Steve, always a pleasure to have you on with us. ;-)

Anthony...

• Like 2

Electronics Hook Up

This part was relatively straightforward.  I opted to have a power strip within the cabinet, this was to allow me to power my CRT Monitor, Audio Amplifier, Marquee Light and the Arcade Power Supply.  Externally the cabinet would only require one lead in, this was wired up with a switch for easy on and off externally.

The button wiring, again straightforward, I opted to solder my connections to DB15 connectors which in turn would be connected to my Behar Bros Shogun, simple loop of the ground/common and all wires soldered to their respective pins, including the coin door for credit.

IMG_20201116_123943.jpg

IMG_20201117_173622.jpg

IMG_20201119_213525.jpg

IMG_20201119_214235.jpg

IMG_20201120_154330.jpg

• Like 2

Mini Marquee light and holder

For the mini marquee light, I opted for a LED panel light, easily available for little money on Ebay, I wired this direct to a plug and connected to my power strip.  To help control the light I used some foam board, hot glued to try and limit light bleed across the main marquee.

The Mini Marquee sit in a holder on the back of the Marquee panel, so I simply cut some clear plastic, a little double sided tape and the Mini Marquees slip it and out nicely whenever I wish to change it up.

IMG_20201118_120332.jpg

IMG_20201119_141755.jpg

IMG_20201119_143855.jpg

IMG_20201119_143918.jpg

IMG_20201119_144130.jpg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Bod2019 said:

That about wraps up the build, here are some teaser images/video before I reveal the whole thing.  ?

Absolutely amazing Bod. It really is. All this and with a teaser of a video to go along with it. The suspense is really getting to us to see what you have to present. Really looking forward on seeing the final result.  ;-)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Yeah given the work here, it would be negligent and bad hiding in this mess as it'll be lost in under a week.  I wasn't a fan of removal of the metal parts of the cabinet as I think it could come apart, but damn does it look legit so far from what I can see, especially the CPO area that should be powder coated metal to stand up to fist pounds and lots of abuse.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bod2019 said:

Thanks again for you comments, it means a lot.  The encouragement on this forum has certainly helped with motivation to continue and get the job done as well as I can.

Again a big thanks.

You're welcome Bod. It's truly a pleasure to have you on with us on the Neo-Geo thread and the AtariAge.com forums. This was a great motivational series from you to help encourage us to do great thing with the help of your imagination. If I was close by to you and had the space, I would rather have a replica unit made by you to help support a man with your talent and skills. ;-)

Simply amazing on what you have to offer and hope others in the UK would be interested on requesting to buy units from you Bod. ;-)

Anthony..

1 hour ago, bluejay said:

Maybe you could have started your own thread showing your progress as you worked...

But otherwise that's absolutely amazing! I'd love to see the finished product.

I think your right, I didn't think that far ahead, kind of guy caught in the rythm of things.

My apologies.  Now I've got a little more spare time to think I'll see about collating everything together somehow should anyone wish to review it.

Thanks for you positive comments.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fdurso224 said:

Absolutely amazing Bod. It really is. All this and with a teaser of a video to go along with it. The suspense is really getting to us to see what you have to present. Really looking forward on seeing the final result.  ;-)

Anthony..

Hopefully not long until I can show you the finished article.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Yeah given the work here, it would be negligent and bad hiding in this mess as it'll be lost in under a week.  I wasn't a fan of removal of the metal parts of the cabinet as I think it could come apart, but damn does it look legit so far from what I can see, especially the CPO area that should be powder coated metal to stand up to fist pounds and lots of abuse.

Thanks for your comments.  I was particular concerned with the control panel, really wanted it to look like the real deal.

Iwould love to have created a genuine metal part, but had to go with what I know.  Maybe next time I'll have a bash at metal work. To be honest I think it'll probably be easier/quicker to produce.

All that being said this thing is rock solid, glad I put the wheels on it ? 

• Like 2

Dude you'll get no argument out of me on wheels.  My 2 slot is pretty cherry, they've seen it years ago in this thread, but it's also the bulkier model with the back destroying 25" LCD and metal harness setup bolted into it.  I thought when I had a pinball machine that was bad, this somehow manages to way obviously worse(more.)  To move it, I got one of those lame As Seen on TV solutions, these plastic smooth bottom casters with the reverse being these like 1cm thick firm foam/pad things which the system rests on.  I can slide it with nearly no effort around on carpet thankfully with it.

I'm not sure about the metal work, I can't do any of it, never was taught any handyman skills or tools much which sucks.  But I do know watching things, once you have the mold unless you're good at blacksmithing, the metal form is far better and easier to create, if the tools are there. The wood is fine, hell you can even sand it as smooth as metal and powder coat it and until it planks(splits) with age or wear, no one would be the wiser.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bod2019 said:

Electronics Hook Up

This part was relatively straightforward.  I opted to have a power strip within the cabinet, this was to allow me to power my CRT Monitor, Audio Amplifier, Marquee Light and the Arcade Power Supply.  Externally the cabinet would only require one lead in, this was wired up with a switch for easy on and off externally.

The button wiring, again straightforward, I opted to solder my connections to DB15 connectors which in turn would be connected to my Behar Bros Shogun, simple loop of the ground/common and all wires soldered to their respective pins, including the coin door for credit.

IMG_20201116_123943.jpg

IMG_20201117_173622.jpg

IMG_20201119_213525.jpg

IMG_20201119_214235.jpg

IMG_20201120_154330.jpg

Keep up the good work.

?

Is this arcade only support bust-a-move?

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Availability for SAMURAI SHODOWN has been resumed on the PlayStation Store. We hope you enjoy and keep supporting our games. #SNK #SamSho US: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP5541-CUSA15915_00-SAMURAISPIRITSEA

EU: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP5722-CUSA15963_00-SAMURAISPIRITSEE

Anthony..

5 hours ago, Serguei2 said:

Keep up the good work.

?

Is this arcade only support bust-a-move?

No, at present I'm running a Terraonion Neo SD Pro through a MV-1FZ.  I have which most titles loaded.

I plan to collect my favourite (affordable) titles over time.

I only have x6 mini marquees at the moment, Bust-a-move being one of them.

12 hours ago, Bod2019 said:

Hi all, a very short video of my finished cabinet.

Well done, that looks very nice. Durso told me about your progress and I have been following you too see how it turns out and I like it. You almost make me buy one, I wish I had space to one. I must say I am impressed and that's one great job you did there. 

Kind regards

WRCN

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bod2019 said:

Hi all, a very short video of my finished cabinet.

I'll be honest with you guys. I don't like this video.

The camera moves too fast and the movie ends when a coin is inserted.

I would like to see at least a start-up and see the arcade plays demos for few seconds.