IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

I'm getting back onto a neo geo kick, but today when I attempted to try out my SamSho5 cart for the first time, I noticed my very first Omega trouble--seems like my SCART cable is going bad. (omega composite works fine through the same upscaler, and that scaler also seems to be taking other scart cables just fine) I bought another one, and if it helps, perhaps I'll buy a spare. I opened the business end of the cable up, but couldn't spot any obvious problems, so somewhere hidden by the jacket, there's probably a broken wire that's 'mostly' making contact except when it's not. :( I flexed it around at a number of points but couldn't narrow it down very well.

But my current purchases are coming from overseas so the new cable should beat it here.

Which leads me to the gamble I took today on (this) item. It's listed as super sidekicks 2 (which I already have), boasts an english sticker reading "stakes winner" (which I have), but the japanese label is for Stakes Winner 2 (which I'm hoping this is). Sure I could have spent $15 more and been sure I was getting the right game--but where's the fun in that?

After seeing that previous sentence written out, what I've done now seems extremely silly. lol

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

I'm getting back onto a neo geo kick, but today when I attempted to try out my SamSho5 cart for the first time, I noticed my very first Omega trouble--seems like my SCART cable is going bad. (omega composite works fine through the same upscaler, and that scaler also seems to be taking other scart cables just fine) I bought another one, and if it helps, perhaps I'll buy a spare. I opened the business end of the cable up, but couldn't spot any obvious problems, so somewhere hidden by the jacket, there's probably a broken wire that's 'mostly' making contact except when it's not. :( I flexed it around at a number of points but couldn't narrow it down very well.

But my current purchases are coming from overseas so the new cable should beat it here.

Which leads me to the gamble I took today on (this) item. It's listed as super sidekicks 2 (which I already have), boasts an english sticker reading "stakes winner" (which I have), but the japanese label is for Stakes Winner 2 (which I'm hoping this is). Sure I could have spent $15 more and been sure I was getting the right game--but where's the fun in that?

After seeing that previous sentence written out, what I've done now seems extremely silly. lol

Awesome to know Reaper. Hope things work out for you. That Super Sidekicks 2 pickup is really good. Glad you have it and play the guessing game on more about it! :-D

Thank you as always Reaper.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

อัพเดทล่าสุด /แกลบตาย -3- #NeoGeo #arcade #retrogaming #เกร็ดความรู้เกมส์เก่า

CvTlFxdVIAImz_t.jpg
CvTlFxgUAAA2HOK.jpg
CvTlFxbVIAAQc5W.jpg
0 replies0 retweets1 like
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hey guys, what's your opinion on Karnov's Revenge / Fighters' History Dynamite? Considering adding it to the collection, just interesting to me since I remember Karnov on NES when I was younger lol

EDIT: I just saw there was a fight with an Ox in this game.. ..awesome.

Hey Chaos,

Its a solid fighter that will keep you busy for sure bro. I have it in my collection the Japanese version. My brother enjoy's playing it more than me.

But yeah, its worth picking up for your collection Chaos. Here's some links for your convenience to help you in the right direction for the JPN title. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fighters-History-Dynamite-SNK-Neo-Geo-AES-ROM-Cartridge-Import-Japan-/162310899371?hash=item25ca7bc6ab:g:LysAAOSwsN9XCoKL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIGHTERS-HISTORY-DYNAMITE-SNK-Neo-Geo-AES-ROM-Free-Shipping-/162309455501?hash=item25ca65be8d:g:TXwAAOSwLnBX9lsf

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fighters-History-Dynamite-Karnovs-Revenge-AES-ROM-Neo-Geo-SNK-Japanese-version-/162322751878?hash=item25cb30a186:g:vk0AAOSw5cNYU3ow

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIGHTERS-HISTORY-DYNAMITE-Ref-0761-NEO-GEO-AES-SNK-neogeo-FREE-SHIPPING-/361841445202?hash=item543f6e4952:g:ssgAAOSwux5YPSz-

Hope this helps Chaos. I'll also provide a video to show if its to your liking. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hey guys, what's your opinion on Karnov's Revenge / Fighters' History Dynamite? Considering adding it to the collection, just interesting to me since I remember Karnov on NES when I was younger lol

EDIT: I just saw there was a fight with an Ox in this game.. ..awesome.

Yes I think it an ok game. In my option though it is just a street fighter 2 clone.

• Like 2

This evening were with Powerplay TV. Looks like an interesting channel with gameplay and walkthroughs video that are fun to watch.

Sadly not much of a walkthrough. This game seriously beats me up both physically and mentally. I was hoping for maybe some discussion of power up or pattern strategy. It doesn't actually look like the person playing has much experience at all with the title, since his strategy was to pound 50 credits into it and brute force through it. (he died ~15 seconds into the first level)

The best advice I have is to switch primary fingers up frequently and let the other fist charge up. Not that I should generally be listened to for matters of endurance--I can only take about 10 minutes worth of this game at a go. ;)

Maybe if I switch to lighter buttons like Sanwa.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

So.. I know Fighters History Dynamite is quite a bit cheaper than Karnovs Revenge, even though theyre the same exact game, but.. I went with Karnovs Revenge since it was more appealing to me. The rest of my AES games are english versions as well, so why not. lol

Also, thanks for the feedback guys!

You're welcome Chaos. Glad you sealed the deal for an English version. Happy to give a helping hand! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Sadly not much of a walkthrough. This game seriously beats me up both physically and mentally. I was hoping for maybe some discussion of power up or pattern strategy. It doesn't actually look like the person playing has much experience at all with the title, since his strategy was to pound 50 credits into it and brute force through it. (he died ~15 seconds into the first level)

The best advice I have is to switch primary fingers up frequently and let the other fist charge up. Not that I should generally be listened to for matters of endurance--I can only take about 10 minutes worth of this game at a go. ;)

Maybe if I switch to lighter buttons like Sanwa.

All good points Reaper.

Thank you for your thoughts as usual. You're certainly valued here on the thread and on Atariage. :thumbsup:

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Derniere petite rentrée de la semaine les amis ! 1f3ae.png1f525.png1f525.png1f44a.png News of the week folks! #GTA #RetroGaming #Arcade #NeoGeo #SNK http://www.gamethemall.com

Translated from French by BingWrong translation?

Last home of the week friends! News of the week folks! #GTA #RetroGaming #Arcade #NeoGeo #SNK http://www. gamethemall.com

CuzlT6iWYAEv3pF.jpg
2 replies2 retweets5 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Você já comprou o #livro #WarpZone 101 #Games de Neo Geo? Compre agora em http://www.warpzone.me #SNK #NeoGeo #KOF #Arcade #Fliperama

Translated from Portuguese by BingWrong translation?

You've bought the #livro #WarpZone 101 #Games of Neo Geo? Buy now #SNK #KOF #Arcade #Fliperama #NeoGeo http://www. warpzone.me

Cs4AGOlWAAAH6fI.jpg
0 replies0 retweets3 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry.

1. #NeoGeo AES SNK MUTATION NATION US COMPLETE AND TESTED! #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/dLZWShjfFg

Cz3dhM8XAAAqxBL.jpg
    0 replies0 retweets1 like
    Retweet
    Liked
    More
  2. 2020 Super Baseball ( #NeoGeo AES, 1991) US Version - Fully Tested! COMPLETE! #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/seCrEFctIG

Cz2mlceW8AEo8hm.jpg
    0 replies2 retweets1 like
    Retweet
    Liked
    More
  3. Cz2SB-kWQAAGT8K.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet2 likes
    Retweet
    Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Gracias de nuevo SNK por darle su lugar a México

Translated from Spanish by BingWrong translation?

Thanks again SNK for giving its place to Mexico

CnD9_QfVUAA8v4C.jpg
0 replies0 retweets5 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

User Actions
Follow
uEyHwdq7_bigger.jpgDan Arellanos@Dan_Arellanos

@Kopke y de una forma decorosa, no como un indio bajo un cactus con sarape y sombrero. Amo que SNK ame México.

View translation

CnD-hTbUcAAiSp3.jpg
CnD-hTfVMAAR4LG.jpg
10:56 PM - 10 Jul 2016
0 replies1 retweet7 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224