IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

What are the recommended versions of Neo Geo compilations? I have PS2 Fatal Fury Battle Archives vol 1.

SNK Arcade Classics: Vol. 1 (PS2, PSP, Wii)

Samurai Shodown Anthology (PS2, PSP, Wii)

The King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga (PS2, PSP, Wii)

World Heroes Anthology (PS2)

Metal Slug Anthology (PS2, PSP, Wii)

The Playstation 2, PSP and Wii has the best of the Neo-Geo Compilations even for today!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

A Knight's Chance trailer for the Neo-Geo AES was posted a few days ago and its was nicely done! If you have a chance, please take a look at it. BTW, Knight's Chance is still available for the AES for those still looking to purchase a copy.

http://www.neobitz.com/KnightsChance

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Tonight, I'm back playing the pre-Neo-Geo games and this title is called "TNK III" or "T.A.N.K." in Japan. Out for playing in 1985, The player commands a tank that can fire machine guns and cannons to destroy any opposition en route to the player's destination, passing enemy infantry, missiles, tanks, and gun emplacements on the way. Good game to play.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Tonight, I'm back playing the 1987 arcade title, "Bermuda Triangle". Released in 1987, itss a vertically scrolling shooter . You control a fighter jet and shoot enemies, collect power-ups and defeat bosses to advance levels.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Tonight, I'm playing Street Hoop (Dunk Dream in Japan) for the NGCD. This is a real fun basketball and a surprising one to say the least. The controls are good and the music is catchy! I wouldn't mind of another good basketball game would come out for the Neo-Geo!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Yesterday,I was walking down the street late that afternoon and found an old school, black box Panasonic 32 inch TV from the 1990's that works! I hooked up that baby and playing my classic systems on it! Has great audio and a sharp screen as well! I can finally ditch the HDTV that I was playing my Neo-Geo and play on a television set that it was meant to play on.

This unit was made in Japan. Before when Panasonic (like most companies) were going overseas in 3rd world countries for cheaper labor! The screen is really sharp and the audio is perfect for the games, especially for Neo-Geo games with a great soundtrack! Can't wait to play Viewpoint on it!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This morning, I'll be playing, "Main Event" from SNK. Developed in 1984 you help a boxer name "Dreaming Joe" who is labeled nothing more than a journeyman. In the game, you help him climb the rankings to become a formidable contender and eventually the world champion! A fun basic sports title from SNK and its what you expect for a first time boxing game from the company!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86wVnN9eueA

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This morning, I'm watching, "Art of Fighting: The Motion Picture". Okay, I have to admit, the movie wasn't the series strong point and felt it was another movie that was part of the 90's video game genre that was terrible. But its still an anime flick and worth watching.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

A respected neo-geo.com forum member by the name "Razoola" is currently working on releasing Cross Swords 2 from the Neo-Geo CD, to the MVS/AES. A new teaser of his works is now available to view.

Here is more from what he says on the forums,

"Crossed Swords 2 - CD to MVS/AES information thread.

As many of you probably know I have been converting the CD version of Crossed Swords 2 to run on MVS/AES. I though it would be a good idea to make a new thread just for it instead of overrun the proto thread which clearly this is not.

The main thing to know about this conversion is the fact that it uses the music from Crossed Swords 1, sound FX are from Crossed Swords 2.

The next important thing to know is that this conversion will include fixes to the CD version of the game. There are many minor glitches in the CD version and hopefully I can get most of them fixed. I'm not going to list all the changes at this point but to give you an idea of the improvements added over the CD version thus far.

33 Sound FX added.
- Example, see Blue Mage's appearing in video.

53 Graphic fixes.
- Example. see female character on mode select screen above.

Also
- General overall improvements that don't fall under the above.
- English text and grammar improvements.

Here is a new teaser video."

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

Since the latest news of Crossed Swords II was announced, I wanted to play this game on the NGCD once again. A fantastic game that will keep you busy for awhile with a nice storyline and have your fingers pushing away on your controller! Here's a four part Youtube video of it!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi there !

Thanks for posting this !

I am the owner and creator of this custom made controller :-)

It is bigger and you can indeed rest your elbows on it during gameplay. That was the reason I designed it a bit longer ;-)

Yes, and marvelously done!

Maybe for future projects, would you be interested to doing a snack tray type of controller to hold your beverage and sandwich. ;-) Perfect for those hungry/thirsty Neo-Geo players :-D.

Please welcome to come by and post any other Neo-Geo products that you you have in mind in the future!

Anthony...

I don't know if someone posted these videos before, but I'd like to share with you some repairs I've made so far (and some tiny modding job :grin: ) on some MVS systems and gamepads ...

This one had a leaky battery :

This is how I fixed 3 neogeo gamepads with unresponsive micro switches...an easy task :) :

This is to demostrate the Unibios compatibility with 161 in 1 (bootleg) cartridge :

Last but not least, a nice treat for Greek readers (!) , an article I wrote about NeoGeo secrets ...

Enjoy them ;)

Edited by geoanas
  • Like 1