IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

It might be this one:

AWRT-AA5W

I think in addition to making the enemy float after thowing them, your fighter doesn't react when the enemy hits you. It still results in energy loss but you don't react, and you can just go up to them and hit the throw button repeatedly till you get a break inbetween their attacks and execute a successful throw.

• Like 1

It might be this one:

AWRT-AA5W

I think in addition to making the enemy float after thowing them, your fighter doesn't react when the enemy hits you. It still results in energy loss but you don't react, and you can just go up to them and hit the throw button repeatedly till you get a break inbetween their attacks and execute a successful throw.

Thanks for the tips and code Russ! When I get to it one day! I'll definitely try it out! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Here a great video from "OMG NGX" in which he shows off the Neo-Geo X Ultracard to jailbreak every Neo-Geo X game available on the handheld! Take a look to judge for yourself!

The Ultracard includes Super NES, Genesis, Sega Master System, NES, Bame Boy/Color/Advance, Atari 1600, Neo-Geo, Capcom CPS 1&2,and Playstation 1.emulators built in!

This will work on Neo-Geo X units with firmware 337, 370, 500, 500a.

From the website,

http://omg-snk.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/4608010

"NEO-GEO X PRO-CARD ULTRAPACK BUNDLE - IN STOCK!

ULTRAPACK BUNDLE - Rocket Cable, ProCard2 w/2GB Jailbreak micro SD & 8GB UltraCard

$130.00

The ultimate plug and play Neo-Geo X game collection with Universe BIOS for use with firmware versions 340 & 345! If you are on firmware 500/500a or 337/370 you can also jailbreak with the included ProCard2 w 2GB Jailbreaker Micro SD and official Rocket Cable!

The UltraCard is NOT an SD card hack, there is no micro SD card to insert. This is an official MegaPack game card (made by SNK/Tommo) upgraded with increased memory (8GB) and 205 Neo-Geo and Capcom games! You can then use the ProCard2 to install future firmwares (when they are released) using our tutorial section to flash your own Micro SD."

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This morning, I'm playing "World Heroes" for the SNES. This title was reprogrammed by Sunsoft in 1993. The game is known for its slowdowns considering its limitations. Yet, its a good port for those that are starting their SNES SNK ports! The graphics and music are fine, and the controls are what you expect on a ported title like World Heroes!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Nice Ebay finds. Two sellers from S. Korea have a box of brand new, unopened Metal Slug 4 MVS kits available to be purchase individually. If you would like to buy one, here's the opportunity to do so!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-MVS-Metal-Slug-4-SNK-Playmore-New-CARTRIDGE-Box-full-set-check-serial-No-/271725081399?pt=US_Video_Gaming_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item3f4413b337

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MVS-CART-NEO-GEO-MVS-METAL-SLUG-4-FULL-BOX-KIT-/111573076168?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19fa4608c8

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Finishing up my final SNK, SNES game plays this morning. The final game from my collection is "World Heroes 2". Reprogrammed in 1994 by Takara (not Sunsoft this time), it fixes the slowdowns the WH1 had that were reprogrammed by Sunsoft. Plus, the music and graphics improved as well. I felt Takara did a better job than Sunsoft does for SNK ports!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMcguXEYMBg

Next will be my Genesis line of game ports from the Neo-Geo MVS/AES. Now to take the dusty ol' box out from the closet! :-D

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Here's a video from respected member in the Neo-Geo community, "Razoola" in which he is currently making a cool project "Two Player Skeleton game driver. :.

From the description,

"This is a little project I have been working on which will be released into the wild once finished. Its basically two player skeleton game driver for the NeoGeo system. It Follows the SNK game spec and uses the bios for control of credits etc. This means the driver will work on AES and MVS (multislots included) in the way most original games work.

The Video shows the driver running in emulation, both arcade and console mode are shown. This shows how credits are being handled.

Once finished It will include memory card support. A Homebrew game dev will simply need to insert their game code within it.

This driver is wrtiien in full 68k ASM."

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi Guys,

Here's the latest from NGDEVTEAM regarding for MVS purchasers and fans.

From their Facebook page,

"Good news for MVS plastic cartridge fans. They are back but in better quality than before. We used black ABS plastic this time. Here is a family picture:"

1508200_829544730435136_8112813866960583

Anthony..

• Like 1

Did you know if Quan (Arcade Work) will make a another kickstarter for his Omega cart shells?

Hi,

I wish Quan does. I haven't been reading anything since May of 2014 regarding it! Would be nice if he did. Maybe he became discourage after the funding on Kickstarter was unsuccessful. Last time I check, the pledge ended at $3,753.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/113891498/omega-neo-geo-mvs-replacement-cartridge-shells

Too bad, they looked amazing. Inventions like this are some of the reasons I started this thread and for the love of SNK/P and Neo-Geo. :)

Anthony...

Its shame,its was a so nice project.But at least we got a nice homebrew scene,cant wait to see In the Hunt in 12-18 months,NG DEV TEAM ikari a-like,Crossed Swords 2,etc.BTW,i would like so much to see this game ported on Neo Geo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xIqaWaQPnE

Edited by VGC1612
  • Like 1

Its shame,its was a so nice project.But at least we got a nice homebrew scene,cant wait to see In the Hunt in 12-18 months,NG DEV TEAM ikari a-like,Crossed Swords 2,etc.BTW,i would like so much to see this game ported on Neo Geo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xIqaWaQPnE

I like your taste! I haven't heard anyone talk about Heavy Smash in awhile. In the Hunt is coming along nicely, I posted a video of the developer that's developing it. The NGDEVTEAM Ikari Warrior type game is already on my "buy" list, and Cross Swords 2 on on the list as well!

Hope Quan will reconsider on doing another Kickstarter though!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

YouTube member "NeoHomeBrew" posted this video titled, "Neo·Geo monitor test patterns". This gentlemen is the same person that's developing the game "In the hunt" to be converted to the Neo-Geo.

Here is what was mention in the description.

"A video test tool with several patterns for monitor adjusting. It is also helpful for Consolized MVS builders who want to test the video output. The colors and patterns are adapted to hardware specifics of the Neo Geo system."

Anthony...

Hi guys,

NGDEVTEAM announced on a response on Facebook to a member that all NEO XYX versions will be discontinued. They will explain later this year why.

Hmmm....No wonder I didn't see any reprint dates available for it!

"NG Dev Team Sorry, all versions of NEO XYX are discontinued. We will explain this later this year."

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Here's a cool video regarding a Neo-Geo collector showing his Neo-Geo AES collection which he purchased the system at a flea market and took off $150 and with trades that help bring the price down to $130!. NICE!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

NGDEVTEAM announced on a response on Facebook to a member that all NEO XYX versions will be discontinued. They will explain later this year why.

Hmmm....No wonder I didn't see any reprint dates available for it!

"NG Dev Team Sorry, all versions of NEO XYX are discontinued. We will explain this later this year."

Anthony...

Interesting......I wonder if it's because of legal issues. I wish I would have got more than one copy.

• Like 1

Interesting......I wonder if it's because of legal issues. I wish I would have got more than one copy.

That makes two of us! :) I can guess now that those MVS copies are going to skyrocket now more than ever because of it.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224