IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Alright as promised here we go, finally got back from vacation and found treasure trove of goodies. No I did not and feel no reason compelling to me to bother with it, so I didn't snap the NGPC instant collection. The NGPC is Platinum Silver complete in the box without a single mark on it, it's like it was barely touched. The 14 games 13 came in snap cases, and they're all clean in fantastic well cared for shape as well, cost me $150 shipped for all of it (games are worth that much safely so)

Now onto the MVS -- $200 shipped, Super Dodgeball, a complete kit in a shockbox (just no original box/bubble bag.) Game tends to sell around $300, so score! Condition all around on any of it is fantastic. The most I paid for a MVS anything yet, but Super Dodge Ball is my thing, found it within 15min of hitting ebay.

th_neo-geo-mvs-blazing-star-kit-with-sho

And here's a family photo of every cart. Notice some goodies I didn't have before -- Baseball Stars 2 ($50), Ghost Pilots(arrived just before I left town only cost me $45 too), The Last Blade, and Ironclad.

th_neo-geo-mvs-library1_zpsflnyiemq.jpg

I also have a shockbox for Ironclad it came with, also due to an ebay error, a free apology arrived in the form of a Panic Bomber mini marquee, more encouragement to get that, and some other minis I have that came with some games or I found super cheap (>$10) with SS3, Cyber Lip, and Ninja Combat

th_neo-geo-mvs-library3_zpsx8wzbjtn.jpg

And finally a little time back I had mentioned I got Blazing Star and it came with some extras, in all, it's a complete kit minus the box as I got all the other stuff and here that is.

th_neo-geo-mvs-blazing-star-kit-minus-bo

That should do it, all up to date now.

• Like 1

Alright as promised here we go, finally got back from vacation and found treasure trove of goodies. No I did not and feel no reason compelling to me to bother with it, so I didn't snap the NGPC instant collection. The NGPC is Platinum Silver complete in the box without a single mark on it, it's like it was barely touched. The 14 games 13 came in snap cases, and they're all clean in fantastic well cared for shape as well, cost me $150 shipped for all of it (games are worth that much safely so)

Now onto the MVS -- $200 shipped, Super Dodgeball, a complete kit in a shockbox (just no original box/bubble bag.) Game tends to sell around $300, so score! Condition all around on any of it is fantastic. The most I paid for a MVS anything yet, but Super Dodge Ball is my thing, found it within 15min of hitting ebay.

th_neo-geo-mvs-blazing-star-kit-with-sho

And here's a family photo of every cart. Notice some goodies I didn't have before -- Baseball Stars 2 ($50), Ghost Pilots(arrived just before I left town only cost me $45 too), The Last Blade, and Ironclad.

th_neo-geo-mvs-library1_zpsflnyiemq.jpg

I also have a shockbox for Ironclad it came with, also due to an ebay error, a free apology arrived in the form of a Panic Bomber mini marquee, more encouragement to get that, and some other minis I have that came with some games or I found super cheap (>$10) with SS3, Cyber Lip, and Ninja Combat

th_neo-geo-mvs-library3_zpsx8wzbjtn.jpg

And finally a little time back I had mentioned I got Blazing Star and it came with some extras, in all, it's a complete kit minus the box as I got all the other stuff and here that is.

th_neo-geo-mvs-blazing-star-kit-minus-bo

That should do it, all up to date now.

Whoa!!! :-o:-o:-o

What a motherboard of goodies you have Tanooki.

I can't believe your collection grew so rapidly!! Loving all the pics that you provided and they all look to be in fine shape. The Super Dodgeball is really the main attraction in your post since you mention it in the past and looks outstanding with everything in the photo.

Ironclad and Blazing Star are just a step behind of looking just as dazzling as well nice presentation with them and to all of your collection. Loving that fortress on MVS for sure like last time! :-D

Great collection of stuff that you provided Tanooki. Well done bro. :thumbsup:

Anthony...

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry.

1. PS2 GAROU MARK OF THE WOLVES/#NeoGeo Import Japan US seller #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/MilLBnyJgX

C-ogO5XXUAEnyc4.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet2 likes
    Retweet
  2. SNK/#NeoGeo AES JAPANESE game cart FATAL FURY SPECIAL #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/eDpzSIbfZv

C-oYPGGXcAMGJnH.jpg
    0 replies2 retweets1 like
    Retweet
  3. Fast Striker/#NeoGeo AES English Limited Edition NG DEV TEAM Homecart Video Game #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/QRHjLTeSzY

C-oXDYlXUAAoHVo.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet1 like
    Retweet
  4. Last Hope Pink Bullets/#NeoGeo MVS NG DEV TEAM RE Reprint Arcade Video Game #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/DeBwvKZhHy

C-oINnJXoAAawSJ.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet0 likes
    Retweet
  5. C-oF7R5W0AENzar.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet1 like
    Retweet
  6. PS2/#NeoGeo Metal Slug 4 & 5 - Playstation 2 Complete #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/MwdvxSyFTp

C-oFA2AXsAQ-XO2.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet2 likes
    Retweet
  7. Mint/#NeoGeo Pocket Color system in baby blue/With 6 Games! #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/gjdOlzpqAD

C-oBzhXWAAA22VS.jpg
    0 replies3 retweets2 likes
    Retweet
  8. #NeoGeo AES Gold System Low/Unit with 2 Controllers, 1 Game, and original box! #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/CgdcjbKDlk

C-n8T8vXUAAv7yP.jpg
    0 replies3 retweets3 likes
    Retweet
  9. #NeoGeo AES King of Fighters 97 Non-Japanese #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/UKQDWfRcBJ

C-n5kBoXkAA1Lom.jpg
    0 replies2 retweets3 likes
    Retweet
  10. C-npjMrXUAEy7lC.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet1 like
    Retweet
  11. Art of Fighting 2 Ryuko No Ken 2 Neogeo/#NeoGeo AES #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/ijHQIukneT

C-njmDhXgAAv-RX.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet1 like
    Retweet
  12. SNK Playmore/#NeoGeo Pocket Launch Edition Camouflage Blue Handheld System #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/lCbxfZtDzS

C-m9JaOXYAEf1Xr.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet1 like
    Retweet

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with karanba72 doing another great video soundtrack for us. This morning, were going to listen to ASO II. Enjoy.

00:01】 01 ASO II TITLE
00:13】 02 THE SPACE FLIGHT ( AREA 1 )
04:16】 03 SEVERE FIGHT ( BOSS 1, 5 )
05:34】 04 CLEAR
05:45】 05 MY AIRPLANE ( SHOP )
06:55】 06 THE BIG BATTLESHIP ( AREA 2, ABOVE THE BATTLESHIP )
08:57】 07 SONIC BARRIER ( AREA 2, INSIDE THE BATTLESHIP )
12:00】 08 MASSACRE ( BOSS 2, 4, 6 )
14:28】 09 MACROCOSM SPACE ( AREA 3 )
16:20】 10 STOICISM ( BOSS 3 )
17:36】 11 WARP ZONE ( AREA 4 )
20:10】 12 PLANET OF WATER ( AREA 5 )
22:14】 13 HYPERSPACE ( AREA 6 )
24:32】 14 THE FINAL ZONE ( LAST BOSS )
26:21】 15 LAUGH ( ENDING )
28:35】 16 S.E. COLLECTION

ARRANGE VERSION
30:49】 17 THE SPACE FLIGHT ( AREA 1 )

SNK was released as an Arcade Game ( MVS, Multi Video System ) on March 25, 1991.
In addition, the NEO GEO version was released in July 01, 1991.
NEO GEO CD version was released in September 9, 1994.

It is a sequel to " ASO ( Armored Scrum Object, ALPHA MISSION ) " released as an arcade game in 1985.
This game is a shooter game. It is important how you choose Special Armor that can be used for attack and defense.

Anthony...

A quick question on the NeoGeo Pocket if anyone knows the answer... During testing of the flash cart, one thing that happens occasionally is the console loses the time and date. Is this known behaviour when the sub battery is low or has a bad connection or something? This has been reported by more than just myself, so it'd be good to know if there is any known reason for it before I start digging on what I can be doing to cause this in code... I have some ideas.

First step though is getting a new sub battery and testing on the other consoles I have too. :)

• Like 1

A quick question on the NeoGeo Pocket if anyone knows the answer... During testing of the flash cart, one thing that happens occasionally is the console loses the time and date. Is this known behaviour when the sub battery is low or has a bad connection or something? This has been reported by more than just myself, so it'd be good to know if there is any known reason for it before I start digging on what I can be doing to cause this in code... I have some ideas.

First step though is getting a new sub battery and testing on the other consoles I have too. :)

Hey James,

Its saved into the CPU's memory regardless if the sub battery is low or if it was replace. I just tested it out on my NGPC by removing and re-inserting the battery. It still has the saved information that I applied into the unit.

Hope this helps bro.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

速攻しまむらってゲット! NEOGEO Tシャツ今回もいい。 メモリーカード風タグも最高にクール!

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Haste Shimamura I get! Good NEOGEO T shirt this time. Memory card style tag is also very cool!

C-pY9sWUAAA7IeC.jpg
1 reply8 retweets11 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Here's the latest video regarding the development of Darksoft's Neo-Geo multicart that being developed. In addition to the latest progress to the device, they do a uploading comparison of the NEOSD flash cart to show the difference from each other. Enjoy! :)

From the description,

"Video showing the prototype of Darksoft's Neo-Geo MVS multi cart. This shows the menu options, demonstrates games working, and shows the loading times in comparison to the NeoSD (spoiler alert: we blow them away)"

Anthony...

Hah those pics earlier. Sometime I think I should dig further on old Gameboy/Color. I have Samurai Shodown 1 and also the Japanese only SS3 too! I've had KOF96(JP) before in the past. It would be nice to get KOF95, 96(EU release for english), and that World Heroes 2 Jet. I think that was it other than the unrelated (same Takara engine) Battle Arena Toshinden (had this in the 90s.)

Anyway I actually did take a pic of the NGPC blowout deal.

ngpc-collection_zpsvtqopam9.jpg

Despite the upcoming device from SAINT. This got me wanting back my original library with a couple likely caveats. I'm NOT paying $100+ for COTTON and Rockman Battle & Fighters as that's patently asinine rates. From memory I would need to re-acquire Biomotor Unitron, Metal Slug 1st Mission, and SNK vs Capcom Match of the Millennium. That should be it.

Beyond that everything up there I once owned, a few I did not like tennis, both puzzle links, and the card fighters and kof battle paradise title. I'm really not likely to keep any of those ones other than probably Tennis and maybe one of the Puzzle Link games. All the rest I had but were then CIB and either US/EU(for Neo Turf Masters) or JP only games (Rockman) and were complete in the box. Collectards have made boxes and booklets very cost prohibitive so loose works for me, preferred in a snap case.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

Hah those pics earlier. Sometime I think I should dig further on old Gameboy/Color. I have Samurai Shodown 1 and also the Japanese only SS3 too! I've had KOF96(JP) before in the past. It would be nice to get KOF95, 96(EU release for english), and that World Heroes 2 Jet. I think that was it other than the unrelated (same Takara engine) Battle Arena Toshinden (had this in the 90s.)

Anyway I actually did take a pic of the NGPC blowout deal.

Despite the upcoming device from SAINT. This got me wanting back my original library with a couple likely caveats. I'm NOT paying $100+ for COTTON and Rockman Battle & Fighters as that's patently asinine rates. From memory I would need to re-acquire Biomotor Unitron, Metal Slug 1st Mission, and SNK vs Capcom Match of the Millennium. That should be it.

Beyond that everything up there I once owned, a few I did not like tennis, both puzzle links, and the card fighters and kof battle paradise title. I'm really not likely to keep any of those ones other than probably Tennis and maybe one of the Puzzle Link games. All the rest I had but were then CIB and either US/EU(for Neo Turf Masters) or JP only games (Rockman) and were complete in the box. Collectards have made boxes and booklets very cost prohibitive so loose works for me, preferred in a snap case.

Very nice indeed Tanooki!

Well done with your purchase of a NGPC with all those nice games. Really looks great and happy to know you have them in your already marvelous collection. Everything looks great and I know you have plenty to say if you like to do personal reviews on each title in the near future if you like! :)

Thank you as always for sharing this with all of us. Keep up the great work bro.

Anthony...