IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back with foreign language videos again. This time were back with "Heidem73David" with his continuation of the Neo-Geo AES.

From his description,

"Recopilación de todos los juegos del sistema Neo Geo con un pequeño análisis de cada uno. En este vídeo están los juegos que salieron en 1991."

Collection of all games Neo Geo system with a short analysis of each. In this video are the games that came out in 1991.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Well I tripped over an mvs lot that somehow didn't have even a single game already in my collection. $70 (shipped) for both stakes winner games (I've been wanting the 2nd one for a while) and the first three super sidekicks games (I already have the 4th one). Yay for cheaply filling collection holes.

Granted on most systems I wouldn't exactly be thrilled about picking up a sports game lot--but neo geo (and arcade sports titles in general) are a bit different.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Well I tripped over an mvs lot that somehow didn't have even a single game already in my collection. $70 (shipped) for both stakes winner games (I've been wanting the 2nd one for a while) and the first three super sidekicks games (I already have the 4th one). Yay for cheaply filling collection holes.

Granted on most systems I wouldn't exactly be thrilled about picking up a sports game lot--but neo geo (and arcade sports titles in general) are a bit different.

Yeah, its getting harder for me to find what I want in my collection under a good price anymore that I already don't have too. But I still keep searching! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with HDMI videos. This video shows us a HDMI MVS video with the information and paperwork to do so.

From the description,

http://mediafire.placeofentertainment... tapping off the digital audio and video signals before they go into their respective DACs we can get the raw digital data and send it over HDMI. A low-end FPGA does the conversion (line doubling, scaling to 480p and scanline effects) and over-clocks the Neo Geo by around 1% to get the video within specification.

Source on GitHub: http://mediafire.placeofentertainment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv3hAzLopNU

Anthony...

Hi guys, This morning, we have a great video from "Retro Tuna" in regards to the Neo-Geo MVS hardware and talks about the cheapest way possible to explore your options on play on the unit.

From the description,

"Here is a brief over view of Neo Geo MVS hardware the cheapest way to collect and play Neo Geo games, i show some of the differences in hardware and explain how the uni bios works also multi game cartridge the only way to go."

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again showing video game trailers. This morning, were watching fellow Atariage member, "Jibbajaba" showings us his 2015 Classic Gaming Quarterly channel trailer. Not only does he do Neo-Geo, but everything that involves video games.

Nice job as always Chris. Keep up the great work as usual.

From his description on YouTube.,

"The 2015 Classic Gaming Quarterly channel trailer. How much more fun are you going to miss out on before you subscribe? Reviews and retrospectives on a variety of retrogaming topics from the Atari 2600, NES, Sega Master System, NEC TurboGrafx-16, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, Sega Saturn, Sony Playstation, Nintendo 64, Neo-Geo, and arcade!"

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Well I tripped over an mvs lot that somehow didn't have even a single game already in my collection. $70 (shipped) for both stakes winner games (I've been wanting the 2nd one for a while) and the first three super sidekicks games (I already have the 4th one).

Sadly, the main reason I went for that lot was the unlabeled stakes winner 2. It turned out that the unlabeled cart was a Real Bout Fatal Fury Special instead. I still got a great price on it, so I'm not too bummed, but RBFFS is a double for me. Stakes winner 1 is still decent fun. I have it on CD as well, but IIRC my CD copy doesn't play in english.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep having trouble with that MAS controller--specifically the 'opticon' optical lever. For the longest time I kept thinking that it was something that simply required constant adjustment, but it turns out the reason it sticks to the right sometimes, seems to have more to do with how long it's been in use. When it gives me trouble, I can unplug it, pop it back in and it's fine (for a while). I'm guessing it's one of a couple things:

• Those ugly handmade 'bodges' on the opticon's main board displayed in the above link. (I notice later MAS sticks come with HAPP optical levers instead of MAS units.)
  • Or the controller's use of +5v (probably the only neo controller using it) and the possibility that the +5v pin on AES/CD systems is a little off from the Omega.

But I came up with a fix either way, by ordering a nice IL 'eurostick' with cherry switches. I know I'm going to like the clicky feel more too, and it'll match those convex IL/cherry buttons I put in last year to replace the substandard HAPP/eswitch combo the stick came with. (HAPP really went bad after the 90's). Now about the only things 'Original MAS' about my MAS stick is the wiring and case.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Sadly, the main reason I went for that lot was the unlabeled stakes winner 2. It turned out that the unlabeled cart was a Real Bout Fatal Fury Special instead. I still got a great price on it, so I'm not too bummed, but RBFFS is a double for me. Stakes winner 1 is still decent fun. I have it on CD as well, but IIRC my CD copy doesn't play in english.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep having trouble with that MAS controller--specifically the 'opticon' optical lever. For the longest time I kept thinking that it was something that simply required constant adjustment, but it turns out the reason it sticks to the right sometimes, seems to have more to do with how long it's been in use. When it gives me trouble, I can unplug it, pop it back in and it's fine (for a while). I'm guessing it's one of a couple things:

• Those ugly handmade 'bodges' on the opticon's main board displayed in the above link. (I notice later MAS sticks come with HAPP optical levers instead of MAS units.)
  • Or the controller's use of +5v (probably the only neo controller using it) and the possibility that the +5v pin on AES/CD systems is a little off from the Omega.

But I came up with a fix either way, by ordering a nice IL 'eurostick' with cherry switches. I know I'm going to like the clicky feel more too, and it'll match those convex IL/cherry buttons I put in last year to replace the substandard HAPP/eswitch combo the stick came with. (HAPP really went bad after the 90's). Now about the only things 'Original MAS' about my MAS stick is the wiring and case.

Still nice pick ups to say the least. Stakes Winner 1 was an interesting game and not many of horse racing games available in the classic world of gaming! The MAS stick with cherry switches sounds interesting. Cool to see you in action with the stick Reaper! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Here's the latest newsletter from NGDEVTEAM regarding Razion CE & LE for the Neo-Geo AES/

NG Dev Team

Dear customers,

Razion for NEO GEO AES starts shipping next week.

Please contact us if your shipping address has changed since the order. Changing your shipping address in the shop effects only new orders. The old ones need to be manually updated by us.

If you are on vacation, we can schedule your order for later shipping. Just let us know.

To process all pre-orders we will need 3 weeks. We start with the CE and at last the LE. The shop system will update you automatically.

If you ordered outside of the shop system your order will be processed after we shipped all shop orders.

Currently the Deutsche Post and DHL are on a union strike in Germany. This can affect shipping time.

-----------------

Razion AES will be shipped with the final software version 1.1

The update is available for MVS too. We recommend to only apply it, if you noticed any of those issues:

Version 1.1 2015-06-24

- fixed demo sound DIP switch handling

- improved CMVS support allowing to add credits in BIOS MVS mode with select button (requires SOFT DIP setting 'OPERATION' set to 'HOME')

- improved selftest for motherboards MV1F/MV1FS (this fixes a reset bug that happens on some systems)

- bug fix: MANIAC difficulty in NOVICE/NORMAL MODE if the game is started while watching the stage 3 demo.

- bug fix: reset bug after boss 3 defeat (happens on some BIOS revisions)

-----------------

The download link can be found in the newsletter.

Best regards,
NGDEV

988552_904685769587698_26658762453315608

Anthony...

Hi guys,

After contacting NGDEVTEAM on that 2nd run Last Hope AES game listed above, its an unofficial title released by the French developer NCI (Neo Conception International). 100 of these titles exist, Too bad, I wish NGDEVTEAM will do the same and offer the real version to the public once again rather than NCI.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Razoola has updated us regarding the status of Crossed Swords 2.

A quick update to let you all know the current progress situation.

"Presently all the MVS cart prep work is done and about 75% through the AES carts. This basically means the PCBs have been cleaned and the old Iron Clad eproms have been removed etc. Once this is complete the final step is to simply reprogram Crossed Swords 2 to them and re solder to the PCB. Hopefully this preparation process will be completed by the end of this month.

Everything is on track and no delays are expected at this time."

Raz

Anthony...

Did some surgery on the MAS stick and it seems to have gone well. My IL Eurostick and conversion harness went right in. I had to do some pin bending on the harness to get the two plugs to fit, and the screws aren't as tight in the MDF as they were the first time, but the stick works properly now, and feels just awesome. If the wires or screws loosen, I guess I'll deal with it when it happens. The tactile click of those cherry switches provides a nice feedback which really ups my confidence in execution. The tension on the stick in general feels lighter (which I like) and I don't have to move as far to generate a reaction. I should have just swapped the stick out when I put the new buttons in--I have no idea why I waited until now.

I see the appeal of the optical fanciness that I removed, but IMO it was just a passing fad, and nothing beats some nice clicky switches. I've already racked up about 30 min of Samurai Shodown IV "testing" it out, and I think I'm about to go back for some more.

Original insides:

2F0htZOt.jpg

Today's mess:

MYTO1fJt.jpg NWfh7Xot.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1