IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

1. 『レバガチャアーカイブ』特設サイト、ゲームレポート第9回が公開されました。今回ご紹介するのは『痛快GANGAN行進曲』です。ベルトスクロールを思わせるフリーライン制や防御不可のGANGAN必殺技など、何でもありの熱血喧嘩バトルの世界をご覧ください。 ▼詳細(https://promo.kadokawa.co.jp/levergacha/kiji/201811/index.html )pic.twitter.com/3EFlaGwDpC

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

"Lebagacha Archive" special site, the ninth game report was released. The introduction of this time is "thrilling Gangan March". Please see the world of the Battle of the hot-blooded fight of anything, such as free line system and defense impossible Gangan that reminiscent of belt scroll. ▼ Details (https://promo.kadokawa.co.jp/levergacha/kiji/201811/index.html )

Dtn2jseU4AArNgS.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【KOF 2002UM WEBくじ】販売開始! 本日15:00より販売開始いたしました! 選べる3つのBOXからくじを引いて、限定グッズをぜひゲットしてくださいね♪ WEBくじはこちらから⇒https://web-kuji.jp/ pic.twitter.com/6UO3cnWO0W

Translate Tweet

[KOF 2002UM web Lottery] Sales start! We started to sell from 15:00 today! Pull the three box Karakuji to choose, please get the limited goods by all means ♪ Web lottery from ⇒ https://web-kuji.jp/ here

DteHo8ZXQAAYh-j.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Great Q&A with SNK legend Yasuyuki Oda from the days of the original SNK and today. Thank you to SNK, Arcade Attack, and Atariage member Arcade Adriano for making this a reality. A special thank you to Arcade Attack for letting me participate in the action with questions for Oda-san to answer as well. :)

1. Yasuyuki Oda (SNK) - Interview - Arcade Attack -

1. This is massive! Legendary @SNKPofficial games producer Yasuyuki Oda kindly answered a few of our questions about his work there, old and new, in this quick Q&A! #retrogaming #snk https://www.arcadeattack.co.uk/yasuyuki-oda-snk/

Arcade Attack
Yasuyuki Oda (SNK) – Interview

arcadeattack

30th November 2018

https://www.arcadeattack.co.uk/yasuyuki-oda-snk/

Oda-SNK-Banner-2.jpg?zoom=1.25&fit=600%2

This is big. Keisuke Nishikawa at SNK has helped us with another great interview. It’s been our pleasure to have Jim Bulmer, Nobuyuki Kuroki and Youichiro Soeda on Arcade Attack but we’ve probably saved the most well-known one for last. Adrian (with the help of our friend Anthony) came up with these questions and the legend that is Yasuyuki Oda duly obliged. Enjoy.

What was the first video game you worked on at SNK and how do you reflect back on this title?

I joined SNK as an artist in the spring of 1993, when I was 20 years old.

Our development room was located in the ground floor of a building of 6 floors.

At that time, the dev team just began to work on balancing Fatal Fury Special’s characters.

My senior colleagues shifted off to the development of Art of Fighting 2, whose dev team just began their development. They left their balancing and debug work and debug for Fatal Fury Special to the rest of us, 6 freshers. This became my first mission.

I played this game to balance it with a small team. That is why I played this game very well at the summer game show that year.

And then, I joined Art of Fighting 2’s dev team as an artist and worked on dot pixel art work for the character Takuma Sakazaki.

One of the very unique features in this game is that your characters’ clothes are torn apart when they lose. So, I was wondering “if Takuma puts nothing on his upper body which means….his body could be torn apart…? I have never drawn any organs so….will I need to get medical books or something…?”

But he just ended up having blood effects instead, so that relieved me!

Can you explain a typical day working as a producer at the iconic SNK company?

Since the release of KOF XIV, we have worked on multiple titles. I have not focused on the development of just one title but managed multiple project developments while checking the dev process with each title’s PJ directors.

Also, I often have discussions with other departments or companies, and make plans for each release, as well as future development plans.

You’ve had a lot of experience working on previous iconic titles, before working on the awesome King of Fighters games. How did your past experience of fighting games help you when working on this classic SNK fighting series?

One of the best things when you have multiple dev experiences in fighting games could be that you smoothly can estimate how much and how long your dev team could work on a project.

And you immediately can come up with what will be important in fighting games so that you can make schedules without huge problems.

When we kicked off KOF XIV’s project, fortunately, there were many staff who knew about development of fighting games. Even if the studio was set up from the beginning at the time, we quickly initiated our development.

The King of Fighters XIV has been a tremendous leap forward for SNK since The King of Fighters XIII. As a producer, were you satisfied with the results that the current title in the series has been able to perform?

To be honest, I did not see much news about SNK after I quit SNK.

I believe this was because SNK was focused on the Pachislot industry at that time and video game news was not the trend.

Now, we are focusing on the video game industry since the release of KOF XIV.

What was the biggest satisfaction, for us, would be the truth our fans saw on the rebirth and return to video games since the release of KOF XIV.

Do you have a favourite King of Fighters character and can you explain why?

Kyo Kusanagi and Leona are my favourites.

Kyo is simply cool as well as his fire abilities. And he is easy for me to play too!

Leona’s character is reticent and she does not show so much charm. But I think that makes her cool.

During her dash, you can charge her attack and I love it.

The sharp sound effect when she performs her Moon Slasher is the best.

If you could meet any of the fighters from King of Fighters in the real world, who do you think you would most get on with and do you think you could become friends?

I possibly want to see Omega Rugal. I think he would come to kill me as soon as he finds me though, lol!

Ah, I feel like jumping on the back of Brian Battler during his Brian Tornado. I’m sure I will feel sick if I do it.

Also I want to go to King’s bar. If you go there as her customer, you probably will not get kicked.

All KOF characters are just crazy so you need to be careful when you see them in person.

SNK Heroines looks incredible! How did you aim to make this game stand out from the crowd and what is the tag team element?

Our main concept for the battle system and worldview about SNK Heroines was that you could laugh a lot, whether you win or lose. It could be a similar concept with party games or when you watch professional wrestling.

For instance, a character’s favourite foods or things appear with their hit effects. Or you can slip on items thrown by your opponent. And all who are watching the matches can be in a stew over the situation when the match never finishes with Dream Finish. In SNK HEROINES, you need to confirm a Dream Finish attack in order to win the match once your foe is on the ropes.

One of our classic titles, Kizuna Encounter Super Tag Battle also had a tag battle mechanic. I think that sort of limitation, with character changes could make this game more attractive too.

In Japan, the pro-wrestling culture has deeply remained alive, and we put our eyes on that tension of pro-wrestling’s tag battle for this title.

SNK HEROINES has its unique system with the gauge management and its rules, in contract to its comical looks and we’ve heard that a lot of fans enjoy them.

Not only players but also everybody who watches battle can be happy. So please try out this game with your own hands.

So many well-known female characters have been selected across so many SNK titles. How did you choose who would appear in the game and were you sad to leave any particular characters out?

First of all, we picked up popular characters.

Secondly, we chose the new characters who we would like to make more popular.

And then, Terry and Shermie were selected as special guests.

If possible, we wish we could have added more characters to the roster.

Personally, I wanted to have Cathy from Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy.

Do you have a personal favourite character from SNK Heroines and can you explain why?

Jeanne, who we are currently planning to release in December.

My favourite World Heroes instalment is World Heroes 2.

I wanted to make this game’s return for a long time.

We were super lucky that we had an opportunity to add her into SNK HEROINES this time.

SNK Heroines uses great 3D graphics. Did you face any additional challenges when looking to produce a title in 3D as opposed to the more traditional 2D SNK style?

I personally had worked on 3D game development after I left the old SNK so it was very natural for me to develop games in 3D graphics.

I always keep in mind that we have to consider whether we should move onto 2D or 3D for each game itself or depending on platform requirements.

Your time at SNK has been prosperous and you now command great respect among gamers and in the video game media, do you feel that you accomplished your personal goals and do you have any future ambitions within the industry?

I never had an experience that made me 100% satisfied so far. But I’m pretty sure that we leave our message to our fans as we SNK once again come back to the game.

From now on, we will do our best to adapt ourselves to the evolution of each platform.

I’ve heard a number of stories behind the development of AAA titles of a vast scale such as open-world genre games about their extraordinary works and you sometimes might feel toiled.

I’ve never experienced such development projects yet so I kinda want to try once how tough it is.

And we want to expand our SNK IP to the world with not only game but also anime, manga, toys and more.

What inspires and motivates you to continue doing what you do best that helps give your team members the confidence and ability to produce really high-quality games?

All our staff have brushed up their skills day by day.

But what’s the best way for them to be motivated should be our fans’ reactions after a game release.

When the reactions are positive, we are simply happy. When they are negative, that will be our motivation to work harder for the coming projects.

SNK is still not so big.

But it also should be a good thing for us since we can feel that we make our company bigger and bigger by ourselves.

Have you always been a fan of SNK’s amazing back catalogue of classic titles and do you have a personal favourite SNK game?

Garou: Mark of the Wolves

Real Bout Fatal Fury Special: Dominated Mind

Last Resort

If you could work on any future SNK title or series of games, what would you choose and why?

I once felt I’d like to work on the development of the typical classic RPG such as Crystalis which has been included in SNK 40th Anniversary Collection.

What are your top three video games of all time and why?

Donkey Kong (Game & Watch)

– I remember that I played this game endlessly when I was a primary school student. Even when I played baseball with my friends, I played this till my turn.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

– A very well-known title which everybody knows. I have the PlayStation, Sega Saturn, PlayStation Portable versions. And recently I bought the PlayStation 4 version too.

I have this game’s soundtrack CD at home and have got two playing guides. I’m sure I will play this game forever…

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag

– You can play not only stealth but also can be a pirate. I was amazed with the rendering of the ocean too.

– The jerk-like main character gradually changes his mind and becomes a great assassin… I really loved the storyline.

Can you reveal what future games or projects you are working on?

Stay tuned for more news about our latest Samurai Shodown release!

https://nisamerica.com/games/snk-heroines/

https://snk40th.com/

https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/official/samuraispirits/

Adrian & Anthony

If you enjoyed this, please follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for more SNK news in the future!

If you want similar articles to this from around the web, please follow Anthony on twitter and check out his Atariage forum Neo Geo thread here.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Breaking News!!! King of Fighters XV Announced!!

1. Breaking News: #SNK Announces #KOFXV, #SamuraiShodown Release Window and Platforms, and more:

Breaking News: SNK Announces KOFXV, Samurai Shodown Release Window and Platforms, and more
-
December 5, 2018
Breaking News: SNK Announces KOFXV, Samurai Shodown Release Window and Platforms, and more

snk18.jpg

SNK, who now officially trades in the Korean Stock Market, took everyone by surprise today in a investors conference, as they announced that The King Of Fighters XV is currently in developement and is targeting a 2020 release for the game. SNK has previously hinted that KOFXV is coming, however this si the first time the company officially reveals it.

Moving on to other exciting news, SNK has also revealed that the upcoming Samurai shodown game is almost 95% complete and will be released in the second quarter of 2019. The Neogeo company also revealed that the game will be available, simultaneously, on all platforms: PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and even PC. This is a huge developement as it makes the game available to all gamers, regardless of their console of choice, This is quite departure from SNK’s recent titles that were PS4 console exclusive.

snk27.jpg

Speaking of making games available on all consoles, SNK made it clear that they would like to release all their upcomig games on all platforms. In fact, one of the SNK presentation slides showed that The King Of Fighters XIV is also coming to Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. Oda san has previously hinted that they would love to have KOFXIV on the switch, but no formal announcement was made.

snk17.jpg

The rest of the presentation focused on how powerful SNK ips are and how bright the future looks for the company. It was revealed that SNK is looking into buying some existing Video Gaming companies, and is currently looking at a US game developer. No further details were given.

Mobile gaming was also touched upon and how SNK is planning to use the platform to boost its sales. Example of the highly successful The King Of Fighters Destiny was given, KOF Allstar as well as the recently released Samurai Shodown Mobile MMORPG. Both Allstar and Samurai Spirits MMO are eyeing global release next year.

Cross media platform is something that SNK has been pushing lately, so it was only normal that it was mentioned in the conference. The company still sees The King Of Fighters Destiny anime series as a successful series as it has received numerous awards and great reviews. SNK is planning to have more of their IPs represented in different medias. Which is something we are currently seeing with The King Of Fighters A New Beginning manga, The World Heroes Manga, and the already announced Samurai Shodown Anime and manga.

snk20.jpg

Other interesting tidbits from the conference was how SNK sees Metal Slug as a strong IP, along with KOF and Samurai Shodown. Could this mean we are getting a new Metal Slug game soon? Time will tell.

If there is one think that this conference proves is that, really, the Future is Now for SNK!

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

1. Join us on Thursday at 3:00 PM PST on http://twitch.tv/nisamerica as we show off the 11 new DLC games for the SNK 40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION that'll be out on December 11! Don't miss out! #SNK40th #NintendoSwitch #STREAMpic.twitter.com/NeJhBRLdeR

DtrYwkyU8AAg2Po.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. PS4/Xbox One/Switch「アケアカNEOGEO ティンクルスタースプライツ」配信日決定 「連爆」や「溜め撃ち」な… https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1156732.html #アケアカNEOGEO #ティンクルスタースプライツpic.twitter.com/zHbF6D7mC5

Translate Tweet

PS4/Xbox One/Switch "Akeaka neogeo Tinklestersplights" Delivery date Determination "continuous explosion" and "Reservoir Shoot"... https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1156732.html #アケアカNEOGEO #ティンクルスタースプライツ

Dto1a3gUUAEjHuQ.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. Xbox One/Nintendo Switch「アケアカNEOGEO ティンクルスタースプライツ」の配信がスタート!本作は1996年にSNKから発売された対戦型シューティングゲームです。PS4版は12月11日配信開始予定です。ぜひお楽しみください! #アケアカNEOGEO http://hamster.co.jp/arcadearchives/switch/twinkle.htm pic.twitter.com/HiQJyCKc80

Translate Tweet

The Xbox One/Nintendo Switch "Akeaka neogeo Tinklestersplights" will start delivery! This is a match-shooter game released by SNK in 1996. The PS4 version is scheduled for launch on December 11. Please enjoy! #アケアカNEOGEO http://hamster.co.jp/arcadearchives/switch/twinkle.htm

DttBcJxUUAAoJ0t.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with Dr.Volk with another video for us to enjoy. So let's see him in action playing Magical Drop II and the many episodes that will be available for us to see. . Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Episode 1 has been abbreviated as "Ep 1" for your convenience

AT LONG LAST: A NEW LET'S PLAY SERIES! Not only that, but I have a new thumbnail set to boot! Yes, yes, no longer shall my videos be plagued with crappy, half-done thumbnails because I can't draw without my tablet... from now on, my videos shall have decent, half-done thumbnails because I can't draw without my tablet.

but I digress. THIS GAME... is Magical Drop II: A fun and adorable bubble shooter game for the Neo-Geo... and my gosh it is fun! It has action, drama, a bit of a story... and what may appeal to most of you... GIRLS! Lots and lots of anime girls! Don't let Tumblr get its grimy hands on them! I hope you enjoy this droptastic first episode~"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RotRIpwikEU

Anthony...

Hi guys,

What an incredible piece of gaming history. The Neo-Geo MVS and Home Rental units available for the first time and introduced to the gaming community on January 31, 1990.

1. January 31st, 1990. #SNK announced and presented the #NeoGeo for the first time. MVS and Home Rental systems were shown w/ 5 games. #SNK40th @SNKPofficialpic.twitter.com/spJ4GCeuuQ

DtwKoSHUUAASmHQ.jpg
    DtwKoSHVAAAQ4PP.jpg
    DtwKoSHVAAEWzIr.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 4

Hi guys,

1. Yasuyuki Oda talks about working at old SNK, SNK Heroines, and more in this new interview with Arcade Attack

Yasuyuki Oda talks about working at old SNK, SNK Heroines, and more in this new interview with Arcade Attack
By Franz "d3v" Co on December 4, 2018 at 4:00 pm
oda_interview_750x400.jpg?zoom=1.25&fit=
We almost had Cathy and Roddy from Top Hunterin SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy.

Yasuyuki Oda is someone who’s had a long history with SNK. While he rejoined the company for King of Fighters XIV, he also got his start in the company over 20 years ago back in 1993.

In a new interview, Arcade Attack talks to Oda about his history with the company, talking about how it was like to work there back in the day. Oda talks about his initial work as an artist and later doing testing for games such as Fatal Fury Special and Art of Fighting 2. Now, working as a producer in a revitalized SNK, he says that he’s able to use his experience working on fighting games to teach newer staff about them and their development.

Moving over to their most recent release, SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy, they talk about looking at female characters from SNK’s various titles and bringing them into the game. While they started with the popular ones from past games, they also looked at newer characters and how they could make them more popular. Additionally,

Oda admits that he wishes they could have added even more characters, specifically pointing to Cathy and Roddy from Top Hunter.

Of course, this is just a small part of the interview. Read the rest over at Arcade Attack, where they go over things such as Oda’s favorite SNK games and character, non-SNK titles, and more.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

1. 【新スコアイベントのお知らせ】 ハイデルンのスコアイベント開催! スコアとコインを獲得して’98ハイデルンや豪華報酬をGET1f381.png 「親父たちの熱きセンジョウ!」 開催期間 第1弾:12/6 15:30~12/20 12:59 第2弾:12/13 00:00~12/20 12:59 詳細▼ https://kofallstar.netmarble.jp/notice/view.aspx?idx=7642&p=1 #KOFAS #KOFpic.twitter.com/KKBAYBS5p6

Translate Tweet

[Announcement of new score event] Heidern score Event! Earn a score and coins ' 98 Heidern and get a luxury reward "father's passionate Senjou! Opening Period vol. 1:12/6 15:30 ~ 12/20 12:59 2nd: 12/13 00:00 ~ 12/20 12:59 details ▼ https://kofallstar.netmarble.jp/notice/view.aspx?idx=7642&p=1 #KOFAS #KOF

DttskQ9UUAAqdsb.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【’98オロチチームピックアップガチャ開催のお知らせ】 ’98オロチチームがKOF ALLSTARに参戦! ★5’98クリス/シェルミー/七枷社と、スペシャルカードの出現率がUPしたピックアップガチャを開催! 開催期間:12/6 15:30~12/20 12:59 詳細▼ https://kofallstar.netmarble.jp/notice/view.aspx?idx=7640&p=1 #KOFAS #KOFpic.twitter.com/BC1qcZYTyY

Translate Tweet

【 announcement of ' 98 Orotitim Pic Apgacha held 】 ' 98 Orotitim competed in KOF Allstar! ★ 5 ' 98 Chris/Shell Me/Seven Shackles Co., Ltd. held a pick-up of the special card occurrence rate up! Date: 12/6 15:30 ~ 12/20 12:59 details ▼ https://kofallstar.netmarble.jp/notice/view.aspx?idx=7640&p=1 #KOFAS #KOF

Dtts-amVAAA8GpU.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 『アケアカNEOGEO』から「ティンクルスタースプライツ」配信! 可愛いキャラクターたちが画面せましと飛び回る新しいシューティングゲームを体験せよ! さあ、懐かしのアーケードゲームをプレイしよう。 http://msft.it/6014rh0QI pic.twitter.com/1zkb8tTKgT

Translate Tweet

"Tinklestersplights" delivery from ' Akeaka NeoGeo '! Experience a new shooting game where cute characters fly around the screen Semashi! Let's play a nostalgic arcade game. http://msft.it/6014rh0QI

DtyRXoFWwAAhxyx.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This is cool. The evolution of the King of Fighters. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

" Evolution of The King of Fighters Games 1994 - 2018

All The King of Fighters Games

The King of Fighters '94 1994
The King of Fighters '95 1995
The King of Fighters '96 1996
The King of Fighters '97 1997
The King of Fighters '98 1998
The King of Fighters '99 1999
Capcom vs. SNK 2000
The King of Fighters 2000 2000
The King of Fighters 2001 2001
Capcom vs. SNK 2 2001
The King of Fighters 2002 2002
The King of Fighters 2003 2003
SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos 2003
The King of Fighters Neowave 2004
The King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 2004
The King of Fighters '94: Rebout 2004
The King of Fighters XI 2005
NeoGeo Battle Coliseum 2005
The King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 2 2006
The King of Fighters: Maximum Impact Regulation-A 2008
The King of Fighters XII 2009
The King of Fighters XIII 2010
The King of Fighters XIV 2016"

Anthony...

• Like 2

Hey Guy's here is my latest video of me modding my Neo Geo arcade stick.

Hey Glynn,

Thank you for stopping by and posting this great mod video on your AES stick bro. Not only do we see your gaming skills in action, we see your tech skills in the works as well. A great 2 in 1 video my man. Thank you for sharing this with us. :)

Anthony...

Did anyone else grab one of these? Ng dev team had a second printing of Last Hope for Neo Geo CD with the manual and spine cards being originals from 2007.attachicon.gif20181207_203344.jpg

Hey Justin,

You bet bro. I just received mine the other day, and the soundtrack collection as well. Glad that the original Last Hope was re released for the NGCD again. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. \Vtuber麻宮アテナ、動画第16弾公開中/ Vtuber「麻宮アテナ」の 動画第16弾を公開しました2757.png 今回の動画ではアテナの日常に密着取材2757.png たくさんのご視聴をお待ちしています 詳細は下記URLをチェックしてね♪ ! https://youtu.be/m4pVEGQEHJU #KOFAS #Vtuber #麻宮アテナpic.twitter.com/sg8ZA6Qng0

Translate Tweet

\vtuber Athena, video of the 16th release/Vtuber [Asamiya Athena] Video of the 16th edition of ️ This video is waiting for your viewing a lot of closely coverage of the daily life of Athena please ️ check the URL below ♪! https://youtu.be/m4pVEGQEHJU #KOFAS #Vtuber #麻宮アテナ

DtzksuWVAAEkbS_.png

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. イベント期間中、限定武器ガチャが開放されます。エリザベート、火炎祓濯草薙京、シェン・ウー、マキの覚醒武器を手に入れよう!pic.twitter.com/PAuDr96qMB

Translate Tweet

For the duration of the event, exclusive weapons will be released. Elisabeth, Flame Exorcist Eitaku Kusanagi Kyo, Shen Wu, let's get the waking weapon of Maki!

Dty3ww9WsAApOQx.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 光の導き手「エリザベート」は防御型LR格闘家として本番登場! 本日最終日なので、ガチャを回す予定の方はお早めに!pic.twitter.com/oPOGDHqZnt

Translate Tweet

The guiding hand of Light [Elisabeth] is a production appearance as a defensive type LR fighter! Because it is the last day today, if you plan to turn the Gacha early!

DthwIDiX4AYMMOK.jpg

Anthony...