IGNORED

The Iron Soldier Overlay Conundrum...

NeoGeoNinja

I've been hitting the IS's pretty hard again lately. It's to be expected. I find them quite hard to play in moderation, simply due to how supreme they both are. Top shelf Jaguar gaming tackle!

However... that pad overlay.

Whose GENIUS idea was it to create a weapons overlay, for a game played from the first person, that mimics the mechs layout... FACE ON?!

Seriously. I have to program a mini-sub routine into my own brain that forces me to go to the opposite side of the keypad for the corresponding button:

"Ah, I need the missile launcher on the right shoulder. *Must resist* going for pad #3 and re-route to pad #1"

Never bothered me in the past, but with recent, extended play... yeah, I'll admit... it started to annoy me a little :P

-

EDIT: For clarity...

o_IronSoldier_1.jpg

Edited by NeoGeoNinja
  • Like 3

Weird, I never noticed that! I've always pressed the keys in reference to the first-person view (so, right side keys for the right side of the body). Or maybe I've simply never noticed since I usually equip the same weapons on both sides?

And I agree, they are top-shelf games for the system. :thumbsup:

Weird, I never noticed that! I've always pressed the keys in reference to the first-person view (so, right side keys for the right side of the body). Or maybe I've simply never noticed since I usually equip the same weapons on both sides?

And I agree, they are top-shelf games for the system. :thumbsup:

Haha... yeah. I should probably start mounting the weapons on the wrong sides of the mech, as I rarely ever look down at the overlay itself :-D

• 2 months later...