IGNORED

Gone to Ebay

chrisballer

3 days and off to eBay , especially on Easter ?

Nothing to see here...

Three days of an OFFER thread, and twenty messages of......... Im interested in this (but no offer), how much you want for this?, or Hey will you take 120 for your sealed tank command, kung-fu master, and rampage???? That is why it is on Ebay. Anyone who sent me a real offer got a response. I have been around long enough to know I asked for it when I started an offer thread.

• Like 3

Three days of an OFFER thread, and twenty messages of......... Im interested in this (but no offer), how much you want for this?, or Hey will you take 120 for your sealed tank command, kung-fu master, and rampage???? That is why it is on Ebay. Anyone who sent me a real offer got a response. I have been around long enough to know I asked for it when I started an offer thread.

I wouldnt expect anything less ... I thought stuff was supposed to be free on AA ? :grin: People also think shipping doesnt cost anything ..

Edited by AtariBrian
  • Like 2

Well, LACK OF EDUCATION it's really an excuse nowadays... 20 messages is nothing! I receive more than 100 emails daily on my job, not counting personal ones. I believe non social people like you chrisballer should stay away from AA. I personally wouldnt buy from such a jerk who write this rude post reply to people who are honestly interested in doing business.

Here's my never replied PM to this "very fine" AA member, who allegedly received "no real offers":

Hello Chris,

I am interested in those games, they are not the rarest:

Commando
Double Dragon
Kung-Fu Master
Rampage
Sentinel
Title Match Pro Wrestling

With the possible expection of SENTINEL, which I am really not sure how much does it worth, for the others I imagine around US$ 50 each is fair?

What can you do?

Cheers,

• Like 1

Well, LACK OF EDUCATION it's really an excuse nowadays... 20 messages is nothing! I receive more than 100 emails daily on my job, not counting personal ones. I believe non social people like you chrisballer should stay away from AA. I personally wouldnt buy from such a jerk who write this rude post reply to people who are honestly interested in doing business.

Here's my never replied PM to this "very fine" AA member, who allegedly received "no real offers":

That is not a real offer, and anyone who even knows a little about those games will tell you the same thing. I am sorry you are butt hurt I did not get back to you. AS far as education and social skills go..... I have plenty of college under my belt. I am in the medical field which is a very social field where I save lives and help people through the end of their days in hospice as well. As far as education in games go..... I have been doing this since the 90's and have literally thousands of games. I completed my first collection in 99-00 which was the NES. Well some how I think I will be okay without your FAIR purchases Tom from Brazil. However, you are right on one thing, I should of at least said we are to far apart or something. Which I usually do for all offers. So I apologize for that.

Edited by chrisballer
  • Like 1

I am interested in those games, they are not the rarest:

Commando

Double Dragon

Kung-Fu Master

Rampage

Sentinel

Title Match Pro Wrestling

With the possible exception of SENTINEL, which I am really not sure how much does it worth, for the others I imagine around US$ 50 each is fair?-

$50 each is not what I would call fair pricing. All of the above are rare, as far as 7800 games go. Add in the fact that most of these are sealed in the box, they are even harder to find these days. At $50 each, you would be absolutely stealing these from Chris. Not for anything, but I don't think you will get much in the way of support for your case here. IMHO, that wasn't an offer...it was an insult.

I assume US$ 300 for 6 games in a lot it's not a insult.There's a Commando for around US$ 70 in ebay right now, so buying a bigger lot, I want a better price per cart. Is this wrong???

In any case, it was a question, not a gun in the head. It's very simple to reply telling something like "for uS$ 400 I can do it" like normal educated people. This whole "insult" bullshit is really a new way to excuse lack of manners in responding a possible buyer. Which is really stupid, considering I have bought many expensive games in the past from many members here. For me, this lack of reply it's a insult, no the opposite, but who knows, you guys really have a strange way of thinking.

I tell you what - instead of ASKING FOR OFFERS, put the price.... it's really a total nosense asking for offers in PM and then ignoring you possible buyers. Not to say it's very dumb... Since I am a business man and run commercial operations, I know how to treat potential customers, of course you two dont have a single ideia of how to do this. Put you guys to run a shop and you throw customers away, you both gonna broke.

• Like 1

Since I am a business man and run commercial operations, I know how to treat potential customers, of course you two dont have a single ideia of how to do this. Put you guys to run a shop and you throw customers away, you both gonna broke.

Way to make grand assumptions about my character. :roll: Just so we are clear, you are the one who called Chris an uneducated jerk in a public forum. And why did you resort to this??? For not replying to your WEAK, LOWBALL PM??? Yeah...name calling....that sounds like a true business man. Thanks for all of your kind words. :lolblue:

BTW...those games are worth A LOT MORE than $50.00 each. You weren't even close on titles like Rampage, Commando or Double Dragon sealed. Why don't you go do some homework and actually see what you would have to pay for mint/near mint copies of these games SEALED. If it were me, I wouldn't have responded to you either...especially since it's obvious that you were quite aware that it was a LOWBALL offer.

• Like 1

I assume US$ 300 for 6 games in a lot it's not a insult.

Yes it is...when the games you are talking about happen to be sealed and worth around $450 to 475 on the open market. Are you saying that you should get close to a 40% discount for buying 6 games? On what planet is that kind of a discount "standard"? Responding to an offer like that is a waste of the seller's time....I would have ignored your "offer" and listed them to eBay as well.

Uhh don't lump me into the low ball category as I made you no offers .. I assumed you knew exactly what you want for your items and their values, So I had hoped you would simply tell me what you had to have.

No problem...Best on the sale... Moving on :)

Edited by peedenmark7

While I can't entirely blame the seller for taking things to Ebay, there is something off-putting about the way things were handled. Giving people less than 3 days to make offers and then doing nothing but linking to a bunch of photos isn't exactly a stellar example of a seller making a reasonable effort. It appears that he didn't sell a single game here at all.

The OP has been edited, but I recall the seller essentially saying to PM him and that he was aware of the value of everything. As such, I'm not sure why he wouldn't have just negotiated if people said they wanted to buy various games. Personally, I had PM'd the seller early on and asked for photos and ended up not making an offer as the handful of games I asked about were not in a condition that meets my standards.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I think there is something to be said for contributing to the community by showing a little bit of patience and courtesy and actually negotiating with people instead of just ignoring them or accusing them of being "lowballers". Frankly, I've sold extra items on these forums a few times in the past few years and I've always found the community to be reasonable. If I did receive an offer below what I asked or had hoped for, I simply took ten seconds to PM back and say "hey, I appreciate the offer, but I think this is worth "X". If you can do "X", we have a deal."

As for TomBrazil, I would agree that his PM came off as abrasive, perhaps because of language differences, but $300 is clearly not a lowball, even for those games. Indeed, contrary to the seller's initial post, many of his rarer games are not in fact mint, but are sealed with various amounts of dents, crushing, discoloration, etc...Commando is in relatively poor shape IMHO. Tank Command looks like it has not only box damage, but also some early mold growth either on the wrap or on the box. All of the six games TomBrazil made an offer on with the exception of Title Match have been sold on Ebay in the past year for between $50 and $80 in mint sealed shape. Most of the six being offered are not in that condition.

The truth is that many sellers want Ebay prices from forum sales without doing the work involved or providing the same amount of protection that buyers get on Ebay and without the risks and costs of selling on Ebay. I get that, but that's just not what a forum marketplace is about. I wish the seller luck with his sales and I'm sure some of these will go for premiums, but I don't think anyone really missed out by not being able to deal directly with this particular seller given everything that went down.

Edited by bojay1997
  • Like 7

Whether or not the offer is low ball is inconsequential. He asked for people to make offers. Three days is a very short time, but it would seem he was hoping for way more than they're worth, and people offered way less.

He's got most of his games ending on Sunday, which is the worst day if you want the highest amount. The rares will fetch a lot, but the not so rares will likely end very low since most sellers think for some reason Sunday is a good ending day.

While I can't entirely blame the seller for taking things to Ebay, there is something off-putting about the way things were handled. Giving people less than 3 days to make offers and then doing nothing but linking to a bunch of photos isn't exactly a stellar example of a seller making a reasonable effort. It appears that he didn't sell a single game here at all.

The OP has been edited, but I recall the seller essentially saying to PM him and that he was aware of the value of everything. As such, I'm not sure why he wouldn't have just negotiated if people said they wanted to buy various games. Personally, I had PM'd the seller early on and asked for photos and ended up not making an offer as the handful of games I asked about were not in a condition that meets my standards.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I think there is something to be said for contributing to the community by showing a little bit of patience and courtesy and actually negotiating with people instead of just ignoring them or accusing them of being "lowballers". Frankly, I've sold extra items on these forums a few times in the past few years and I've always found the community to be reasonable. If I did receive an offer below what I asked or had hoped for, I simply took ten seconds to PM back and say "hey, I appreciate the offer, but I think this is worth "X". If you can do "X", we have a deal."

As for TomBrazil, I would agree that his PM came off as abrasive, perhaps because of language differences, but $300 is clearly not a lowball, even for those games. Indeed, contrary to the seller's initial post, many of his rarer games are not in fact mint, but are sealed with various amounts of dents, crushing, discoloration, etc...Commando is in relatively poor shape IMHO. Tank Command looks like it has not only box damage, but also some early mold growth either on the wrap or on the box. All of the six games TomBrazil made an offer on with the exception of Title Match have been sold on Ebay in the past year for between $50 and $80 in mint sealed shape. Most of the six being offered are not in that condition.

The truth is that many sellers want Ebay prices from forum sales without doing the work involved or providing the same amount of protection that buyers get on Ebay and without the risks and costs of selling on Ebay. I get that, but that's just not what a forum marketplace is about. I wish the seller luck with his sales and I'm sure some of these will go for premiums, but I don't think anyone really missed out by not being able to deal directly with this particular seller given everything that went down.

Look, when I put the post up I stated I wanted to guage interest on the games before putting them on Ebay. I did not get much interest, but for a handfull of games. I also stated some of the more rare games I was just going to put on Ebay, because I was not really sure as to their price. Some there are no price to go off of like Tank Command and others like Kung-Fu and Rampage the price is all over the place. I asked people to PM me with offers and I would look at the online price guides and ebay and go lower with what I would want for them. What is wrong with that. I am not a store. I am just a guy who likes to collect video games. I just went back and looked, and Tom was the only one I did not get back to that made me an offer. If you look at my post I even apologized to him for that even though he started name calling. Yes my last post came across abrasive, because of the post before it. Maybe I should have just ignored it.

I got back to you as well Bojay and got no response from you. So this talk from you about courtesy is a bunch a crap.

The games went to Ebay, because of the little interest and it was a Sunday. I like to put my games up on Sundays for seven days so they end on a Sunday, and I know I would be out of town next weekend. It is just easier for me to do this, because I have time on Mondays to pack everything and get it out. Anyways, I put a for offer thread up and posted multiple pics of every single game what more effort would you want me to put in? Is there some rule as to keep your games up for x amount of days or you are not helping the community???

No, I was not hoping for way more than they are worth jetset. I have sold thousands apon thousands of dollars worth of games on all different types of gaming forums and always give good deals, and have always had perfect feedback on the gaming forums. I was subscriber to this site for a long time too until recently. I am selling a nice size lot of games right now to Chris Leach for maybe half of what they are worth. Also, Bojay what are you talking about "everything that went down"???

This is what went down, I put an offer thread up for three days did not really like all the offers I recieved as expected. I got back to the people that made offers (except one) and they did not get back to me. I did not ignore a bunch of people. I did not get back to one person who made me an offer, and people are giving me shit like I am just an ass who ignored a bunch of people and want more than ebay prices for my shit which is very far from the truth. Well that and it was up for three days... Who cares how long I put a post up for?

The only person I need to explain anything to is Tom and I apologized to him.

• Like 2

Look, when I put the post up I stated I wanted to guage interest on the games before putting them on Ebay. I did not get much interest, but for a handfull of games. I also stated some of the more rare games I was just going to put on Ebay, because I was not really sure as to their price. Some there are no price to go off of like Tank Command and others like Kung-Fu and Rampage the price is all over the place. I asked people to PM me with offers and I would look at the online price guides and ebay and go lower with what I would want for them. What is wrong with that. I am not a store. I am just a guy who likes to collect video games. I just went back and looked, and Tom was the only one I did not get back to that made me an offer. If you look at my post I even apologized to him for that even though he started name calling. Yes my last post came across abrasive, because of the post before it. Maybe I should have just ignored it.

I got back to you as well Bojay and got no response from you. So this talk from you about courtesy is a bunch a crap.

The games went to Ebay, because of the little interest and it was a Sunday. I like to put my games up on Sundays for seven days so they end on a Sunday, and I know I would be out of town next weekend. It is just easier for me to do this, because I have time on Mondays to pack everything and get it out. Anyways, I put a for offer thread up and posted multiple pics of every single game what more effort would you want me to put in? Is there some rule as to keep your games up for x amount of days or you are not helping the community???

No, I was not hoping for way more than they are worth jetset. I have sold thousands apon thousands of dollars worth of games on all different types of gaming forums and always give good deals, and have always had perfect feedback on the gaming forums. I was subscriber to this site for a long time too until recently. I am selling a nice size lot of games right now to Chris Leach for maybe half of what they are worth. Also, Bojay what are you talking about "everything that went down"???

This is what went down, I put an offer thread up for three days did not really like all the offers I recieved as expected. I got back to the people that made offers (except one) and they did not get back to me. I did not ignore a bunch of people. I did not get back to one person who made me an offer, and people are giving me shit like I am just an ass who ignored a bunch of people and want more than ebay prices for my shit which is very far from the truth. Well that and it was up for three days... Who cares how long I put a post up for?

The only person I need to explain anything to is Tom and I apologized to him.

I can only speak for myself, but that's not the impression I got from your original post. The impression I got was that you were probably going to list some of the really high value or unusual stuff on Ebay if you didn't get a good offer here and sell the rest of the stuff here for reasonable market value (i.e. not Ebay prices). Like I said, you had and have no obligation to do so, but I can understand how many forum members may feel disappointed in this abrupt rush to list things on Ebay.

I'm also shocked that out of 20 PMs, not a single person made a reasonable offer on any one of your games. That seems impossible to me, but given that it was a holiday weekend and since I don't know everyone here personally, I guess anything is possible. I guess if I was in your position, I would probably go back and re-evaluate my tactics and possibly revise my sales post, maybe even pricing everything, as that seems like a pretty poor response from a community that is tailor made for what you are selling.

As for your responsiveness, I can only speak from my own experience and say that you did respond to me with a single line of "I listed a link to the photos in the first post". In my opinion, this seemed like a pretty canned bulk response and since the games I saw didn't meet with my standards, I didn't follow up. I don't think I owed you anything further as I felt your response showed a pretty distinct lack of interest. Similarly, I don't think you owed me anything more, although your abruptness didn't leave a great impression with me for possible future transactions.

You're right that you don't have to explain anything to anyone. Having said that, just the brief interaction I have had with you here indicates to me that you are fairly defensive and not an entirely pleasant person to deal with. As such, you're not someone I would buy from and everyone else can make up their own mind as to whether they will deal with you, although I suppose Ebay's heavy pro-buyer slant would give them added protection that a forum marketplace never will.

Edited by bojay1997
  • Like 1

Ebay prices are a joke at the best of times. Forums are a place where you can and should be able to get a far better deal than on ebay. Imo, anyway. Everybody wants the best price, however, and I am no different. A seller reserves the right to act according to his goals, and at least there was a chance given, which is better than nothing. I haven't heard back from a local Craigslist ad for like a week, yet the item is still there...frustrating, especially when its items you really would like to buy.

• Like 2

"I'm also shocked that out of 20 PMs, not a single person made a reasonable offer on any one of your games. That seems impossible to me, but given that it was a holiday weekend and since I don't know everyone here personally, I guess anything is possible. I guess if I was in your position, I would probably go back and re-evaluate my tactics and possibly revise my sales post, maybe even pricing everything, as that seems like a pretty poor response from a community that is tailor made for what you are selling."

Never stated I did not get any offers. Just like all your posts in this thread you like to assume much. I got two normal offers and I excepted them right away and then the people did not respond. One of the reasons I got frustrated and sent them to Ebay.

"As for your responsiveness, I can only speak from my own experience and say that you did respond to me with a single line of "I listed a link to the photos in the first post". In my opinion, this seemed like a pretty canned bulk response and since the games I saw didn't meet with my standards, I didn't follow up. I don't think I owed you anything further as I felt your response showed a pretty distinct lack of interest. Similarly, I don't think you owed me anything more, although your abruptness didn't leave a great impression with me for possible future transactions"

This is exactly what you said Bojay copy and pasted.

"Hello. I am interested in purchasing Ace of Aces, Impossible Mission, Mario Bros. and Motor Psycho if you have them in mint/sealed condition. Please let me know and if you have photos of those, that would be great. Thank you."

This was my response as soon as I posted the pictures awhile later.....

"I listed a link to the photos in the first post.

Thanks,

Chris"

I got back to you the next day and with pictures for you how is that bad at all or a "distinct lack of interest" I don't get it?? This is your bad personal experience with me. Okay.

Also, you state if something don't meet your standards it does not need a reply, but out the other side of your mouth in your first post you say there is something to be said about courtesy in the forums and with the community with replies and then dog me for not responding to an offer I did not like. I can only speak for myself, but this may sound hypocritical.

I accept the apologies chrisballer, no hard feelings.

bojay1977 has a nice point of view. Indeed, what I like about AA is that I usually have the opportunity of buying stuff for the FAIR price as opposite to ebay which seems to be overpriced lately. Here at AA, it's possible to do such nice business, maybe cause it's easier to sell, no need to build eBay ads, paying fees, etc, thanx for pointing that out. Maybe it's my fault, but I didnt really check the pictures before making the offer. I was travelling and I rushed to PM instead of looking for the pictures to see if they were mint or not, but you also gave me your general impression about overall condition.

I just didn't get, untill now, what the hell is bennybingo doing... seems to be chrisballer's lawyer, something like that... LOL. Never mind.