IGNORED

Computer Chronicles

I used to watch it on PBS back in the day. Now I love watching episodes on Youtube.

Even though I lived through those years, it's still amusing seeing what was once state of the art technology, and now your $100 tablet has far more power than the fastest desktop PC from 20 years ago.

• Like 1

Just watched the episode on Windows 95. Brought back memories of using the old uninstaller application for Windows 3.x programs.

For the most part watching episodes pertaining to networking and dial-up. Yesterday watched an episode where they were talking about IBM's new token ring networking. Token ring is what I started with back in the 90s and at the time token ring switching was something new. The place I worked at was one of the first organizations in the world to deploy Cisco's token ring switches.

When the Internet was "NEW"... at least to the public...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XluovrUA6Bk

Also, don't blink... 0:42 has a QI version of the TI-99/4A! :)

That is funny. I remember being in Guam in 1994 and was shown a graphical web page with Mosiac. It was SLLLLOOOOWWW loading and I said "I really doubt this will catch on. Who is going to want to sit around and wait for pages to load?" The guy at the internet provider company (Kuentos) said "Yeh, you're probably right." :P