IGNORED

ColecoVision Flashback System

It's quite possible they'll sell the ColecoVision and Intellivision controllers separately, but I suspect like the ones they sell related to the Atari Flashback and Sega Genesis systems, they might be a bit tough to track down except for maybe at their own Website or Amazon.

There are actually 11 homebrews. One of the homebrews was accidentally placed in the "back in the day" bucket. I'd say the quality of the homebrews included varies wildly, from modest (simplistic) creations to AAA. It's still a nice representation, because frankly that's exactly what we got when the ColecoVision (and all other consoles) was actively sold.

• Like 1

As long as Pepper II is on it, I'm in.

The Colecovision had a lot of good arcade conversions, but that's always been a favorite of mine - and unlike a lot of the other conversions, I don't think there was a version released for any other platform.

• Like 2

The Colecovision had a lot of good arcade conversions, but that's always been a favorite of mine - and unlike a lot of the other conversions, I don't think there was a version released for any other platform.

You should be happy then, though I hope even if it wasn't on there you'd still want it. It's easy enough to play one game or another as a one-off via straightforward emulation.

For what it's worth, the ColecoVision version was ported to the MSX recently and put on cartridge via Muffie's Tutankham & Conversions (Tutankham, Pepper II, Montezuma's Revenge, Jungle Hunt, Mikie (Shinnyuushain-Tooru-Kun), The Three Dragon Story).

I'm also a fan of Pepper II. Never saw it in the arcade, but the game is such a wonderfully weird concept, and the home version for CV made me feel like I had found some exotic beast. Lots of great conversions for the console - between Donkey Kong and Venture, those two made it a must-have for me. Along with the Atari VCS and Vectrex, the CV completes the holy trinity of classic gaming for me. I'll be supporting the Colecovision Flashback.

Whoever has the Coleco rights doesn't own that property. A company called "Play Along" owns them now.

Play Along itself has been a wholly owned subsidiary of toymaker Jakks Pacific since 2004. In fact, since Jakks currently describes Cabbage Patch Kids as their own license, Play Along may just be a retired name now, like Toymax and Trendmasters, rather than a division of the company. Anyway, with Jakks being a major player in the plug-n-play market, and one whose history includes multiple retro plug-n-play systems in particular, I think CPK on an AtGames system would have been a very long shot.

onmode-ky

Bill, thanks for the answers so far! Will these companies be represented on Colecovision Flashback:

Sega- Carnival, Congo Bongo, Space Fury, Subroc, Zaxxon

Exidy- Mouse Trap, Pepper II, Venture

Universal- Cosmic Avenger, Lady Bug, Mr Do!

*I DOUBT Midway which is now WB Games will appear- Bump N Jump, Gorf, Omega Race, Root Beer Tapper, Spy Hunter

I am not familiar with many HOMEBREW CV games, I'd probably prefer ALL OFFICIAL CV games!

Maybe AtGames could release Driving Module, Roller Controller, and Super Action Controllers with their unique games BUILT IN and sold separately!

Looking fowad to Colecovision Flashback! I have a Dollar General around the corner from my house!

• Like 1

Bill, thanks for the answers so far! Will these companies be represented on Colecovision Flashback:

Sega- Carnival, Congo Bongo, Space Fury, Subroc, Zaxxon

Exidy- Mouse Trap, Pepper II, Venture

Universal- Cosmic Avenger, Lady Bug, Mr Do!

*I DOUBT Midway which is now WB Games will appear- Bump N Jump, Gorf, Omega Race, Root Beer Tapper, Spy Hunter

I am not familiar with many HOMEBREW CV games, I'd probably prefer ALL OFFICIAL CV games!

You'll be happy to know that several of those games from every company you mentioned will be on the Flashback. Not ALL of the games mentioned made it on, though, obviously. As for the homebrews, I guarantee you'll be very happy with at least a couple of the ones that are on there. Keep in mind that they're not really taking the place of "official" CV games, just helping get the count up to 60, so in every sense of the word they're a bonus.

• Like 3

Thanks, Bill! ALL 4 companies I metioned will be represented even Midway?

What about possibility of special controlles/modules with built-in games being sold separately?

Yes, at least one (sometimes more) game from every company you mentioned will be represented.

As for the special controllers/modules I know of no plans for AtGames doing anything like that. I'm just not sure it's in their business model. With that said, I'll bring it up if they include me in their discussions for the 2015 lineup.

As for the special controllers/modules I know of no plans for AtGames doing anything like that. I'm just not sure it's in their business model. With that said, I'll bring it up if they include me in their discussions for the 2015 lineup.

Yeah, AtGames isn't quite like Jakks Pacific. :)

So there's a chance that there will be a ColecoVision Flashback 2 in the future? :)

So there's a chance that there will be a ColecoVision Flashback 2 in the future? :)

They were quite clear about that with me. If the Intellivision Flashback and ColecoVision Flashback do well, there will be the usual follow-ups. Just look at what happened with the Atari Flashback (AtGames doing 3, 4, 64, 5) and Sega Classic Console.

• Like 1

Is Midway still represented after taking away Bump 'N Jump which was actually a Data East arcade game that's now owned by G-Mode (Midway was only the North American licensee of it back in the early 1980's)?

Edited by Atariboy