IGNORED

ColecoVision Flashback System

No where. It's USA only so far. Some people have bought them from the Toys R Us us site and got them shipped to Canada. Didn't work for me. There are a few on eBay as well if you feel like paying up. I will wait till there is either a Canadian source or people start selling them at retail price on eBay.

receive mine from toysr us and no other charge of what i paid so im please and suprise

Who did they use to ship? If it was UPS, FedEx or DHL, you'll likely get a bill in the mail in a few weeks.

when its of them they charge me right when they deliver this time the pakage was in the mailbox and they use iparcel maybe i will receive a bill but like i said when i have to pay they dont leave the pakage i have to pay to get it

when its of them they charge me right when they deliver this time the pakage was in the mailbox and they use iparcel maybe i will receive a bill but like i said when i have to pay they dont leave the pakage i have to pay to get it

This is encouraging... I got an email confirmation today that i-parcel had shipped my 2 Flashbacks. I don't expect you would see any additional charges as they already charged you "tax" on your order and the value has to be over a certain dollar amount before there's a duty charge.

Edited by HkryCrkStudio

I picked up a CV Flashback on Saturday night at my local TRU. There were 3 left on the shelf (including the one I bought), 2 INTV Flashbacks (I bought one of them), and no Atari Flashback 5s - completely sold out. The cashier commented on my purchase, saying she remembered Colecovision (judging by her age, it must have been an older system for her as she didn't look much over 25), and how a lot of Atari units were sold the previous week.

Still no sign of them in the local DG/FD stores.

• Like 1

Coleco Holdings LLC is looking into making the ColecoVision overlays available as well separately like Intellivision is doing. I have already talked to them about it :)

Finally got one from TRU. Will check out tomorrow. Great to hear about the extra overlays. How will we be able to get the extra overlays or from who? Any word one that? Thanks!

I picked up a CV Flashback on Saturday night at my local TRU. There were 3 left on the shelf (including the one I bought), 2 INTV Flashbacks (I bought one of them), and no Atari Flashback 5s - completely sold out.

I've been scoping out TRU in KC all weekend (no point in checking DG I'm told, and Sam's Club needs a membership). So far it's been pretty consistent - they seem to have brought in 3-6 of each FB given the shelf space allotted to them. Ataris are either gone or like one left. Genesis, 1 or 2 left. CV and INTV, 2-4 left. I don't expect these things to be on the shelves by month's end, unless you're willing to hunt all over your city to find them.

And no, I'm not shilling for AtGames :P Just making an observation that they seem to be selling fairly well, and TRU doesn't seem to have set up a lot of shelf space for them - nor do they seem to have a lot of stock in a given store. Unless they have 50 in the back and they're just that lazy when it comes to re-stocking every night. Although I guess given the quantities produced (not 1,000 of each but not 1,000,000...), there HAVE to be more than just a half dozen per TRU. Who knows. I'm pleased to see what looks like brisk sales anyway. Looks good for a second edition, fixing some of the major problems with each.

I've been scoping out TRU in KC all weekend (no point in checking DG I'm told, and Sam's Club needs a membership). So far it's been pretty consistent - they seem to have brought in 3-6 of each FB given the shelf space allotted to them. Ataris are either gone or like one left. Genesis, 1 or 2 left. CV and INTV, 2-4 left. I don't expect these things to be on the shelves by month's end, unless you're willing to hunt all over your city to find them.

And no, I'm not shilling for AtGames :P Just making an observation that they seem to be selling fairly well, and TRU doesn't seem to have set up a lot of shelf space for them - nor do they seem to have a lot of stock in a given store. Unless they have 50 in the back and they're just that lazy when it comes to re-stocking every night. Although I guess given the quantities produced (not 1,000 of each but not 1,000,000...), there HAVE to be more than just a half dozen per TRU. Who knows. I'm pleased to see what looks like brisk sales anyway. Looks good for a second edition, fixing some of the major problems with each.

Take it from someone who has been into Sam's Club three times so far looking for the Flashbacks -- no card needed to look around. ;) I just walk in past the greeter, look around, and then leave. Even if you want to buy there, you can -- you just pay a 10 percent markup.

I'm going back again tomorrow to check yet again. Wish they knew when those 12 units were susposed to show up!

• Like 1

Wow. Finally unboxed and played with mine. Now, maybe I'm just more familiar with a few of the games I tried, but it's a much bigger disappointment than I expected. Pepper II has sounds all over the place, and even the colour is wrong, starting from the title screen. I don't remember the character graphics having quite so much color in the white letters on the title screen (but this may be because I'm playing on an LCD). But - that kinda stuff happens with rushed emulation. The games are at least playable - EXCEPT:

OMG the controllers. They're horrible. I mean 15 minutes of playing and you're cramped horrible. They suck as a joystick, and they suck as a thumbstick. It's really annoying because the play on them is fantastic and the buttons work well. But wow - much worse than I had anticipated from some of the earlier reviews. It's so bad that I'm already making Virtual Boy comparisons. If they were compatible, I'd break out original CV controllers - and I've NEVER been a fan of those. The FB controllers are that bad. On the bright side, Mecha-8 is a pretty cool homebrew. Certainly unlike anything we had back in 1983.

I'd say the INTV FB wins this round hands down.

• Like 1

Got one (Colecovision) tonight at TRU. They had three. Also had six Gennys, four Ataris, and three Intellivisions (on the shelf).

First boot up kind of funky with display offset 30% off the right and back on the left of screen. OFF/ON and everything looks OK.

Had to use the stick for a few minutes before buttons and directions worked consistently; now seems to work fine.

Nice clean picture on my Sharp LCD TV (although text is not perfect, as reported). First impression seems video is a bit better on my Yurkie mod original... have to test some more. I did notice that Pepper II zipper looks really crappy, and the music is not quite the same...seems a little faster or higher pitch or something.

Menu would be better if you could move directly from one column of games to the next by pressing the stick right or left...as it is, you have to scroll down the left column to the bottom and come down the right column from the top to get to a game in that column. Wish it did not have that irritating 8 second delay before the game starts.

One of my War Room overlays has a crease in it (second from the bottom!); all the others look fine. They don't fit the original controllers, as reported earlier, but I think they could be cut down to fit.

Although I would prefer a ball stick with a longer shaft, these are pretty good, control-wise.

Now, back to playing...

• Like 1

I picked up the Colecovision and Intellivision Flashbacks today at a TRU in Clarksville, IN. I don't know how many they had in stock, as I ordered online to pickup in the store. Haven't had a chance to try either of them today, but I definitely will be getting in some play time tomorrow evening.

A week or two ago, I dropped by the local Toys 'R Us to see if they had any of the 2014 AtGames lineup finally on the shelves. To my surprise, not only did they have an entire 4-shelf array in the video games section dedicated to them, it even had a slick "Classic Games" label on it. In previous years, AtGames products were just put on a shelf in the video games section alongside random other electronics, like mini sound bars and alarm clocks. This year, it was arranged nicely, with each of the four products (the Genesis handheld is still not sighted anywhere, it seems) getting its own shelf. I took a look at each one's box and noticed that their UPC numbers were almost consecutive; there was a single skipped value which I would guess were that of the Genesis handheld. Also, I noticed that the CV FB had model number CV450, while the INTV FB had model number IN460. The latter number was familiar, because "IN460" is the prefix on the PCB identifier for the boards used in both the INTV FB and the CV FB (though, again, they use different flash memory chips, of differing sizes). There's some Intellivision in your ColecoVision Flashback! :P

onmode-ky

• Like 1

Does anyone think it will be feasible to balltop mod the CV Flashback controllers?

Don't know about changing to a ball stick, but you can change the fire buttons quite easily. 4 screws to take out, then carefully remove the buttons and pop out the tiny circuit board behind them. There is just enough flat cable to flip left to right position and right to left position, put the buttons back in, screw that puppy back together and your buttons are just like the original CV. On a whim we looked last night and switched the buttons and it worked great.

• Like 1

Don't know about changing to a ball stick, but you can change the fire buttons quite easily. 4 screws to take out, then carefully remove the buttons and pop out the tiny circuit board behind them. There is just enough flat cable to flip left to right position and right to left position, put the buttons back in, screw that puppy back together and your buttons are just like the original CV. On a whim we looked last night and switched the buttons and it worked great.

So I'm not crazy? For some reason it felt like way too many games were using the right button. Did they seriously screw this up too??

So I'm not crazy? For some reason it felt like way too many games were using the right button. Did they seriously screw this up too??

One of the problems with long threads like these is that even issues like that that have been discussed multiple times already get lost in the thread from the sheer weight of posts. I think it's safe to say that every notable anomaly for all of the Flashbacks has been discovered at this point. We probably need a sticky first post with all of the facts in one place.

• Like 1

I picked one up at the local TRU last night. I learned that you can't trust their website for what's in stock. According to that they were supposed to only have the CV Flashback in stock, but they actually had all four models out. I'm planning on picking up the other two later.

I've played Zaxxon and Cosmic Avenger so far.

• Like 1

I picked one up at the local TRU last night. I learned that you can't trust their website for what's in stock. According to that they were supposed to only have the CV Flashback in stock, but they actually had all four models out. I'm planning on picking up the other two later.

I've played Zaxxon and Cosmic Avenger so far.

Been taking common core math courses?