+1 big time for Dino eggs..

I was just emailing David Schroeder (the original programmer) just the other day to tell him how much of a fan I was.

He was kind enough to respond as well and seemed like a really nice person who really cares for classic gaming.

Here is what I said to him...

Greetings I just saw your website about Dino eggs rebirth and just wanted to say thank you. Dino eggs was one of my most favorite games on my C64 when I was a child. I work in the video game industry and now own my own classic video game store and was thinking about games that were important to me. .And sure enough Dino eggs came up.

I do hope you continue your remake your game and I do look forward to buying it when it's done. I do hope you can make it onto a console or download service line wii or ps3 etc. The folks at atariage.com revive Lots of games for classic consoles and this would be great to see the classic go on sale for Colecovision or atari 7800 seeing as even games like Halo are being remade for even atari 2600.

Whatever you decide to do just know that you have fans that remember your game very fondly.

Respectfully

PS old C64 games are being released on the wii download classic service have you thought maybe that releasing Dino Eggs classic to that medium? It would be great to play it again and let others discover the great game for the first time.

Here is his response. .

Thank you so much for your email. Always makes my day to hear from another fan of one of my 8-bit games...!

And thank you for the ideas about revival platforms. My agent and I are constantly looking at the landscape of opportunities for my games. I'm sharing you e-mail with him.

We're curious...

1. What other 8-bit titles do you (and your store customers) miss the most?

2. What retro game news outlets/websites do you (and your customers) follow?

Thanks for your help.

If you know of artists or programmers interested in 8-bit game revivals, that would be a useful reference, too.

I look forward to staying in touch.

Best Wishes,

David Schroeder

"Crisis Mountain" "Dino Eggs" "Short Circuit"

• Like 1

FWIW, it just struck me that Dino Eggs originally was made on the Apple ][ and the version for C64 was ported by a Leonard Bertoni. Nevertheless, it may be considered a C64 original as perhaps it looks and plays best in that version. Perhaps it is just me who is stuck up with how to categorize games, like whether the EA titles I mentioned would mainly be C64 games or Atari 8-bit games as they were present on both at the same time.