IGNORED

NES Multicart - need help identifying

Picked up a multicart on a flea market recently, and can't find out anything about it. It's one of those carts that says "72-in-1", yet doesn't have 72 different games on it at all. Just 7 or 8, repeated under different names in the menu. I identified Mappy, a rather bland motorcycle racing game, a car racer, a plane shooter called Sky Destroyer. There's also a Tetris-like puzzler, a game called "Circus something" and a horizontal shooter. I suspect they're all Famicom games. I don't know if it's PAL or NTSC. It only ran on my german NES after I recently deactivated the 10NES chip, but that may well have been because it's unlicensed.

Does anyone have information about this cart? Heck, I don't even know how most of the games are called...

Thanks!

post-34656-0-52825000-1399214713_thumb.jpg

I think it looks like one of those more or less common unlicensed pirate carts that was produced in the gazillions from more or less shady manufacturers in asia back in the day, and to some extent even today.

It's a standard procedure among these pirate carts, take 7 or 8 games and repeat them multitudes of times. Notable examples is Mario-copies like "Mario 25" or whatever that split up all the levels in the game into 25 separate "games".
There is even some carts with names like "1000000 in 1" that has something like 10 games repeated a hundred thousand times.

On your cart the plastic looks quite cheap and the sticker is misaligned and badly printed making me believe that it was one of the more cheap versions. Disabling the chip is necessary with most of these if you want to play them.
It is a fun thing to have in the collection but it should not be worth anything more than a few euros at most, perhaps 10 or so.

EDIT: I completely missed the wrong spelling in the games title at first. "Supper-value collection" is quite hilarious, it's a game collection worth a whole supper!

Edited by Raticon
  • Like 2

You're right, it is a cheaply made piece of crap overall :-). You're also right about the split up levels. The list is a totally random conglomerate of single levels. I never thought it's worth any serious money, but I will definetly keep it in my collection as an oddity. I would just be happy to know what the games are actually called. Found almost all of them by now, but the puzzle game escapes me. All the typos in the lists don't really help :-).

Do you or anyone else have an idea if there's some sort of database for these pirate carts?

Do you or anyone else have an idea if there's some sort of database for these pirate carts?

I said this a long time ago, and I'll say it again: a rarity list for NES pirate carts would be like a rarity list for a third grade classroom's snowman pictures. Yes, they're all different, but they're all basically snowmen, and most of them suck.

• Like 1

There was a database for these kind of carts over at ultimateconsoledatabase.com back in the day, but the dude/dudes that run that site has since remade it to only cover consoles and console clones on top of the fact that they haven't updated it in 5 years. Can't really find another one.

Otherwise the folks over at NintendoAge.com probably have some kind of database for carts like yours.

NESBox have a long list of piratecarts on their site but thats an online emulator more than a games database with info.

Sucking or not, its still fun to have in a collection and the sheer number of models of them together with usually low prices makes them fun to collect in my opinion.

Edited by Raticon

I said this a long time ago, and I'll say it again: a rarity list for NES pirate carts would be like a rarity list for a third grade classroom's snowman pictures. Yes, they're all different, but they're all basically snowmen, and most of them suck.

But people here do it for Atari 2600 pirate multicarts. Why not the NES? :?