IGNORED

'Atari 800 - Best Gamepack' Version 1.0 released

Ok thanks for that, I asked as a friend said he got a message up about unsigned stuff and unknown developer (or something similar) which I presume was his UAC kicking in.

Not had a single thing in Win 7 (but I do turn UAC off)

Btw, That Cammy and Chun Li avatar, now that's a Street Fighter film I want to see!

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

I get this message box when I start a8_best_gamepack.exe. Can someone help? Thanks.

"Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed"

Right-click 'a8_best_gamepack.exe' and run as administrator.

OR

Move the game pack files to the very simple folder such as 'c:\a8_gamepack'.

Please give it a try.

Ok thanks for that, I asked as a friend said he got a message up about unsigned stuff and unknown developer (or something similar) which I presume was his UAC kicking in.

Not had a single thing in Win 7 (but I do turn UAC off)

UAC setting on my Win 7 is maximum but there is no UAC warning message when the game pack starts up. I think it may be a wrong diagnosis by the virus checking program such as Avira. The front-end does not change any system files except for the registry of Atari800Win Plus since the setting of Ataro800Win Plus is only saved to Windows Registry. Please check it out.

As said in a PM my machine was fine, no messages but a friends Win 8.1 update 1 brought up some message about unsigned stuff but the person telling me this is one of those two steps ahead of you when you ask what it said, he had already clicked ok and did not remember exactly what it said.

Which leaves me not knowing if its Win 8.1 UAC or some proactive Nortons defence system.

I'm running on a Win 7 x64 system.

Error Message = "Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed"

Ran as Administrator -> Error Message

Moved folder "GP" to root director -> Error Message

Disabled Antivirus -> Error Message

Bummer! :(

I tried to attach a .jpg screen dump of the error message but the forum won't let me post..."You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Edited by atx4us

I'm running on a Win 7 x64 system.

Error Message = "Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed"

Ran as Administrator -> Error Message

Moved folder "GP" to root director -> Error Message

Disabled Antivirus -> Error Message

Bummer! :(

I tried to attach a .jpg screen dump of the error message but the forum won't let me post..."You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Above error message means that gamebase data file('gamebase\GBC_v11\GBC_v11.mdb') could not be opened properly.

Some system file of your Windows may be damaged.

Please install the following component and run the game pack again.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=23734

Also please check out the following link for more information.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2508037/vbscript-access-mdb-800a0e7a-provider-cannot-be-found-it-may-not-be-prop\

If the problem is not fixed, please let me know again.

Above error message means that gamebase data file('gamebase\GBC_v11\GBC_v11.mdb') could not be opened properly.

Some system file of your Windows may be damaged.

Please install the following component and run the game pack again.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=23734

Also please check out the following link for more information.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2508037/vbscript-access-mdb-800a0e7a-provider-cannot-be-found-it-may-not-be-prop\

If the problem is not fixed, please let me know again.

I installed the Access database engine -> Still getting the same error message.

Looked into the stackoverflow.com information but it seems to lead me to other programs that I don't have on my computer.

I guess I'm the only person who has this issue here?! Thanks for your help.

I installed the Access database engine -> Still getting the same error message.

Looked into the stackoverflow.com information but it seems to lead me to other programs that I don't have on my computer.

I guess I'm the only person who has this issue here?! Thanks for your help.

@atx4us

1. Do you have this file in your Windows? c:\windows\system32\msjet40.dll

2. What is the language of Win 7 64bit?

3. What is your exact folder name of game pack?

4. Please download the attached file and extract it to the game pack folder. And run 'a8_best_gamepack - test1.exe'.

Please let me see the result with message or screenshot.

@Mclaneinc

Please also test above sequence and let me know the result.

Thank you.

a8_best_gamepack - test1.zip

• Like 1

@Starwindz, when I run it from that I get a OK window saying the full path of the MDB file which is correct, once I click ok I get a message "Provider not found, It may not be properly installed". The gamebase runs but there's no content.

The original exe works fine as it did before..

The guy who got a different odd message on Windows 8.1 update 1 has not had the same message again, the gamebase just runs like it should, most likely it was (as said before) Nortons Proactive protection being over sensitive.

Edited by Mclaneinc

@Starwindz, when I run it from that I get a OK window saying the full path of the MDB file which is correct, once I click ok I get a message "Provider not found, It may not be properly installed". The gamebase runs but there's no content.

The original exe works fine as it did before..

The guy who got a different odd message on Windows 8.1 update 1 has not had the same message again, the gamebase just runs like it should, most likely it was (as said before) Nortons Proactive protection being over sensitive.

Please install access database engine and give it a try again.

@atx4us

1. Do you have this file in your Windows? c:\windows\system32\msjet40.dll

2. What is the language of Win 7 64bit?

3. What is your exact folder name of game pack?

4. Please download the attached file and extract it to the game pack folder. And run 'a8_best_gamepack - test1.exe'.

Please let me see the result with message or screenshot.

@Mclaneinc

Please also test above sequence and let me know the result.

Thank you.

1. Do you have this file in your Windows? c:\windows\system32\msjet40.dll -> No.

2. What is the language of Win 7 64bit? -> English

3. What is your exact folder name of game pack? -> D:\GP\

Please let me see the result with message or screenshot. -> The forum does not seem to let me attach any file type. I'll try PM to see if that will work.

1. Do you have this file in your Windows? c:\windows\system32\msjet40.dll -> No.

2. What is the language of Win 7 64bit? -> English

3. What is your exact folder name of game pack? -> D:\GP\

Please let me see the result with message or screenshot. -> The forum does not seem to let me attach any file type. I'll try PM to see if that will work.

1. Installed the MS Access Database Engine 2010 (and restarted)
(AccessDatabaseEngine_x64.exe)
2. Verified that msjet40.dll is in the "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msjet40.dll" directory
and registered it with RegSvr32(Command line: regsv32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msjet40.dll [Enter])
3. Run 'a8_best_gamepack.exe' again. (Not 'a8_best_gamepack - test1.exe')
Please try it again...
Edited by starwindz

@atx4us

The solution is to register attached DLLs manually.

1. Extract a zip file to C:\Windows\sysWOS64

2. Go to Start->Run and type cmd

Tthis starts the Command Prompt
(also available from Start->Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt)

3. Type "cd C:\Windows\sysWOS64"

4. Now you need to register the OLE DB 4.0 DLLs by typing these commands and pressing return after each
regsvr32 Msjetoledb40.dll
regsvr32 Msjet40.dll
regsvr32 Mswstr10.dll
regsvr32 Msjter40.dll
regsvr32 Msjint40.dll

Please try it again...

msjet.zip

Edited by starwindz

1. Please install the MS Access Database Engine 2010 (and reboot your Win 7)
(You should install 'AccessDatabaseEngine_x64.exe') -> When I ran the 'AccessDatabaseEngine_x64.exe file, a dialog box came up saying that the 32-bit version has already been installed on the system and I need to uninstall MS Office then to reinstall the Access Database Engine. I really don't want to mess with my computer to this degree.
2. Please verify that msjet40.dll is in the "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msjet40.dll" directory
and register it with RegSvr32(Command line: regsv32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msjet40.dll [Enter]) -> Verified that the msjet40.dll file is present in the SysWOW64 folder. I performed the RegSvr32 command to register msjet40.dll successfully.
3. Run 'a8_best_gamepack.exe' or 'a8_best_gamepack - test1.exe' -> Ran both files and received the same error message still.
Edited by atx4us

@atx4us

I did my best but your issue could not be solved... So strange case... I even have installed the game pack to following OSs, but there were no problem.

-> Win XP 32bit, Win 7 32bit, Win 7 64bit and Win 8 64bit

I will try to find another possibility of this issue but it is very difficult problem to solve.... :?

The chances are that the issue is directly related to that PC alone .

We often uninstall stuff and it takes away bits of other stuff or our virus / malware protection ends up at odds with other programs.

I'd deactivate those first just to check, if nothing then I'd reformat and start from scratch as I do every few months just to clear the unwanted clutter from programs I've installed and removed.

I like to keep my OS fresh and crap free...

@atx4us

I did my best but your issue could not be solved... So strange case... I even have installed the game pack to following OSs, but there were no problem.

-> Win XP 32bit, Win 7 32bit, Win 7 64bit and Win 8 64bit

I will try to find another possibility of this issue but it is very difficult problem to solve.... :?

starwindz,

Thank you very much for your consistent and persistent help. Unless you consider this an intriguing challenge that must be solved, I'm ready to give this up myself. :twisted: