IGNORED

100 cartridge club

Noah98

I only count unique games meaning if it plays and looks the same, then I consider it the same game. Do any of the Sears versions play differently or have different graphics?

Are the Atari and Parker Bros Qberts programmed differently? What about Stargate and Defender 2, besides the name and label do they look and play the same?

I only count unique games meaning if it plays and looks the same, then I consider it the same game. Do any of the Sears versions play differently or have different graphics?

Are the Atari and Parker Bros Qberts programmed differently? What about Stargate and Defender 2, besides the name and label do they look and play the same?

Only the three unique Sears titles (Submarine Commander, Steeplechase, and Stellar Track) are different since they have no Atari related counterpart.

• Like 2

I have 28 right now.. but I only decided a month or so ago to actively collect Atari stuff, and clost 2/3 of thoese have been bought in the last month..

I have a goal of 50 by the end of the year, it's a bit harder for me since shopping only line adds up in postage fast, generally buying from outside Canada is cost prohibitive due to postage. and I don't get around to the flea market stuff that much because of my health.. but still going to keep trying.. and oh yes,, I blew my budget buying an Atari 600XL and a floppy drive last week.

I never knew that Atari Corp released stuff on the old picture labels for example.

They certainly did. I used to ignore them (or at least, not differentiate between "Inc." and "Corp."), but lately Atari Corp. carts are some my favorite things to collect. Oftentimes they're riddled with errors and misprints. Atari Corp. also put out some pretty wild label variations of their own, too. Behold:

breakout_color_pal_1986_cart_4.jpg

(Note the controller error.)

hangman_silver_cart.jpg

(This one's just bizarre. Also note the All Rights "Reseved.")

pole_position_silver_1987_cart_8.jpg

(Would the extra "I" and "O" have cost too much to print?)

Edited by BassGuitari
  • Like 1

Let's see I just got a pack in the mail, not counting pirates/duplicates I have,..

Wow, 108!

I'm keeping pace with you! Just hit 108 after picking up Super Challenge Baseball, International Soccer, Tac Scan, and Bump n' Jump. Not bad for $4.

well lets see i think im at 316. and my last pick up was video checkers 1986 black lable typo version.

i count titles from each manufacturer as unique.

20th fox=15

absolute=2

activision=44

apollo=6

atari=106

cbs=5

coleco=9

data age=5

epyx=3

froggo=1

imagic=14

konami=2

m-network=17

mythicon=3

parker brothers=17

sears=48

sega=7

spectavision=2

telesys=2

tigervision=1

u.s. games / vidtech=5

zellers=2

• 2 weeks later...

Up to 111 now after adding Centpede, Missle Command, and Realsports Tennis. I usually don't buy arcade ports unless they are superior or different, but I know that Missile Command and Centipede are revered by 2600 collectors. I already had them both for my XEGS/800 XL so I wasn't in a rush to pick them up. Unfortunately, my local game store is running out of 2600 games that I'm interested in!

I think my displays are more impressive than my collection:

post-29468-0-88645000-1401257566_thumb.jpgpost-29468-0-02858800-1401257546_thumb.jpgpost-29468-0-45695300-1401257557_thumb.jpg

:and I've added several since the photos were taken.

Not counting label variations, At last count I was at 254.

I've got a few variants, and a few 7800 titles not included in that count.

My last acquisition was a Red label variant of Text # label Star Ship off EPay. I'm now one text# away from a complete 1977 release games set.

[if you like my work, check out facebook.com/artbit.decor . The quality is getting better with every piece I build]

• Like 8

I think this topic should be renamed to is anyone left in the UNDER 100 Cartridge Club...

But the big unanswered question is:

If everyone on AtariAge got together their total cartridge collections (dupes are allowed for this contest) and stacked them end-to-end do we have enough to reach the moon yet, or at least cross the USA continent from ocean to ocean.

Edited by Gary from OPA

I use the same collecting logic as cvga - different name or different company = different cart, so I count Fun with Numbers, Basic Math, and Math as three different carts. Until very recently, though, I usually only kept one copy of the same name, so I don't, for example, have both the Atari Red Label and Parker Bros. Q*Bert, nor do I have both the black and silver versions of Space Invaders. It's gotten to the point though where I'm going to have to start collecting label variations or there won't be anything left to get (without spending hundreds of dollars).

That being said, and including homebrews, I was somewhere around 650 at last count. I think the last one I picked up was the Sears version of Match Grand Prix. Still trying to finish off that Sears collection - still missing Video Chess and I think Cannon Man and Canyon Bomber.

• Like 1

I received my first Atari 2600 as a Christmas gift in 1982. From 1982 to 1987 I was an avid video game player and collector. I sold my entire collection in November 1987 and exited the hobby. (Big regret!) In July 1993 I re-entered the hobby, and have acquired new and vintage games and consoles off and on ever since. I currently consider my Atari collection to comprise about 55 cartridges, which are the games I truly enjoy and actually play on a regular basis. This is bolstered by PlaySation emulator discs. (About 20 games on those I would want a cartridge of if I didn't have the emulator). Languishing are a hundred or more cartridges that I am not interested in playing or owning. I'm currently inventorying those for sale, though there is nothing remarkable in that pile.

BUT, if I could go back in time and have my old collection, I would qualify for the "club" with 122 games, according to my database. (Hangs head in shame.)

Crypts of Chaos
Revenge of the Beefsteak Tomatoes
Spacemaster X-7
Turmoil
Barnstorming
Boxing
Chopper Command
Dragster
Enduro
Freeway
Grand Prix
Ice Hockey
Kaboom!
Keystone Kapers
Laser Blast
Megamania
Pitfall II: The Lost Caverns
Pitfall!
Plaque Attack
Private Eye
River Raid
Robot Tank
Seaquest
Skiing
Sky Jinks
Space Shuttle
Spider Fighter
Starmaster
Tennis
Infiltrate
Lost Luggage
Space Cavern
3D Tic-Tac-Toe
Adventure
Air-Sea Battle
Asteroids
Battlezone
Berzerk
Blackjack
Breakout
Canyon Bomber
Centipede
Circus Atari
Combat
Defender
Demons to Diamonds
Dodge 'Em
Donkey Kong
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
Football
Galaxian
Haunted House
Human Cannonball
Indy 500
Joust
Jr. Pac-Man
Kangaroo
Missile Command
Moon Patrol
Ms. Pac-Man
Night Driver
Pac-Man
Pele's Soccer
Phoenix
Pole Position
Raiders of the Lost Ark
RealSports Baseball
RealSports Basketball
RealSports Football
RealSports Volleyball
Sky Diver
Space Invaders
Space War
Star Raiders
Super Breakout
Swordquest: Earthworld
Vanguard
Video Pinball
Warlords
Yars Revenge
Mountain King
Omega Race
Tunnel Runner
Carnival
Donkey Kong
Venture
Airlock
Bugs
Encounter at L5
Journey Escape
Warplock
Atlantis
Cosmic Ark
Demon Attack
Dragonfire
Fire Fighter
Moonsweeper
Riddle of the Sphinx
Solar Storm
Star Voyager
Subterranea
Air Raiders
Astroblast
Dark Cavern
Kool Aid Man
Space Attack
Star Strike
Amidar
Frogger
Q*bert
Star Wars: Death Star Battle
Star Wars: Jedi Arena
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
Stellar Track
Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator
Tac-Scan
Planet Patrol
Commando Raid
Entombed
Sneak n Peek
Space Jockey
Towering Inferno

*sigh*

attachicon.gifPersonal Berzerk.jpgattachicon.gifPersonal Space Invader.jpgattachicon.gifPersonal ET.jpg

My last acquisition was a Red label variant of Text # label Star Ship off EPay. I'm now one text# away from a complete 1977 release games set.

[if you like my work, check out facebook.com/artbit.decor . The quality is getting better with every piece I build]

Wow, those are beautiful!!

• Like 1

I just counted my 2600 carts and I'm currently at 256 unique original released titles. Last one I picked up was Frogger II Three Deep. I have 10 homebrews for the 2600 and 2 prototype 2600 carts. I would say about a 1/10 of those original released carts are my originals from when I first bought them or got them as gifts back in the early and late 80s.

attachicon.gifPersonal Berzerk.jpgattachicon.gifPersonal Space Invader.jpgattachicon.gifPersonal ET.jpg

How much for an Adventure set of those holders? :)

• Like 1

How much for an Adventure set of those holders? :)

Replied via PM. ;)

For anyone else who's curious, in order to fit the cartridges, that Dragon would be 5 feet tall, and hold 264 cartridges itself!!!

As a side note, that ovge.com link has piqued my curiosity...

Edited by DT Kofoed