IGNORED

"Ignore Topic" functionality...

NeoGeoNinja

It's a shame that this option doesn't ACTUALLY ignore the topics I don't wish to be reminded or updated on.

Some of the threads are of no interest to me (most recently, the "Connect Mouse/KBD to Skunkboard" topic, for example) and I hoped the 'ignore this topic' function would - in effect - make it disappear from my recently updated topics listing, but it just labels it as 'ignored', but still emboldens it and bumps it up the listing for my attention.

Useful... :ponder:

Just a pointless moan really, as overall, I'm VERY happy with the functionality of this site. But, the ignore 'function' just seems pointless vs my expectations of its functionality.

As you were... :evil:

• Like 1

This thread is probably better suited for the Website Comments section.

But yeah.. I've never used this function. On the other hand though, I don't have my options set to notify me of bumped topics.

Ah. Never looked for one.

Err... I don't ever leave the Jaguar forum. Have no reason too :P

It's a scarey other world outside this forum!! There is no Jag vapour and things that aren't 64-bits too!!! I don't know why anyone would want to venture outside the warm cozy Jaguar forum :D

Jag Vapour is, essentially, my life essence. I can't risk leaving for that very reason alone. The fact that this very vapour is enriched with 64-bits of raw power, in itself, makes it essential to my very existence. It's as important as oxygen to me. And... it IS damn warm and cozy in here too! :grin:

More seriously though...

My only link/interest re: Atari is tethered solely to the Atari Jaguar.

Sure, I had a 2600 in my *ahem* youth, however, I have no interest in revisiting/playing/collecting for that console, today. I realise Atari is much more than just the 2600 era and the infamous Jag era, however, I just have no personal interest in the home computer era (Atari or otherwise) nor classic handheld gaming either... although I do own a NGPC.

My gaming tastes are more centric towards 32-bit through 128-bit - including the Jag & 3DO.

The 'least powerful' machine I own is a Mega Drive. I didn't own one back in the day (I had a SNES) so, because of my primary gaming tastes being arcade centric, I find the MD interesting vs what I grew up with on SNES (re: Gunstar Heroes, Mega Turrican, Toaplan shmups etc). I realise the PCE exists also, but it doesn't really interest me right now.

Sorry to ramble, but just thought I'd put it out there as my comment re: Jag forum visitor only, may unintentionally come as overly dismissive or hateful. However, like many/most here, I've owned and played nearly every mainstream machine available and, at my age now, have finally settled my tastes on 32-bit - 128-bit eras... along with a very chiseled MD collection too ;)

• Like 1

Err... I don't ever leave the Jaguar forum. Have no reason too :P

Ignore topic functionality, topic ignored. Ahhhh!! glitch in the Matrix! ;)

Yes I occasionally meander over to the 2600, 7800 and Lynx threads(claims occasionally like I've owned a Lynx for more than one week lol.) But Jaguar is where it's at. I wish the Jaguar forum had it's own marketplace. I feel like WTB requests get lost in the sauce over in the general marketplace forum.

Interesting given your name you never mentioned the NeoGeo ;) ;)

I guess. But I suppose I just didn't really feel the need to mention it earlier.

For what it's worth, SNK/NeoGeo is what I'm most 'obsessed' with/by when it comes to my gaming preferences. It's been that way since I was a child (via Fatal Fury 1) and flourished further via JPN import gaming via the Saturn in the 2000's (didn't do the import thing til the DC arrived tbh) and continued the trend via JPN imports for the DC and same again for PS2 in mid-late 2000's.

In 2010 I was awarded/gifted a Home Cart System/AES from a friend whose shop I did design work for re: corporate ID work (shop sign, bus.cards, comp.slips blah blah blah) and the more expensive journey into the heart of my NeoGeo passion began (again) there. Not to be a dick about it, but I had to sit down my NeoGeo collection recently for insurance reasons, and it came out (average market value) at around £8k. Fucking ridiculous really... £8k on videogames. But such is my passion for that machine and it's games/IP's. And, I still have plenty to buy yet.

Yeah... I have a lot of SNK stuff across many platforms. Shame we never got anything ported to Jag really. Something like ASO II/Alpha Mission II would have been really well suited to the Jags keypad re: convoluted weapon system, after some much needed adaptation...

The edge is making it easier to manage your experience. Get at the stuff you want to view and filter out the rest.

Oh ok, I follow you. As in, like setting your 'preferences' among the TV stations or setting up a room just as you'd like it?

(FAR too UN-techie for such website functions, myself!)

• Like 1

Oh ok, I follow you. As in, like setting your 'preferences' among the TV stations or setting up a room just as you'd like it?

(FAR too UN-techie for such website functions, myself!)

Yeah. I'm almost ashamed I used poofy, meaningless words like "experience" back there. Sorry! :) <- Not being sarcastic. Dunno when I started speaking corporate.

I'm starting to think that ignore topic thing is a damned fine idea. You really should submit it to the Website Comments section.

UPDATED: Shortened for clarity.

Yeah, I always can do.

But, after a little more consideration/thought, maybe the ignore topic would be better implemented similarly to how it is now (i.e. labelled in orange as ignored) whilst combined with:

BOTH thread falling and non-reboldening/highlighting the thread upon other members contributing to the thread. Thus, appearing inactive, but notably ignored for future reference.

Does this make sense... ?

Yeah. I'm almost ashamed I used poofy, meaningless words like "experience" back there. Sorry! :) <- Not being sarcastic. Dunno when I started speaking corporate.

We should leverage the greenfields to build strong synergies in the verticals exposing un tapped blue sky concepts and get them to market. Should we touch base again in a couple of weeks? ;)

• Like 3

You need to run that up Al's flagpole so he can get all his ducks in line.

We should leverage the greenfields to build strong synergies in the verticals exposing un tapped blue sky concepts and get them to market. Should we touch base again in a couple of weeks? ;)

• Like 2

Thats hardly a commercially proactive stance towards proper team-building global commerce. Its painfully obvious that it would be mutually beneficial to brainstorm at the next power lunch, regarding this fiscal quarter....just remember: There is no I in TEAM!

;)

In 2010 I was awarded/gifted a Home Cart System/AES from a friend whose shop I did design work for re: corporate ID work (shop sign, bus.cards, comp.slips blah blah blah) and the more expensive journey into the heart of my NeoGeo passion began (again) there. Not to be a dick about it, but I had to sit down my NeoGeo collection recently for insurance reasons, and it came out (average market value) at around £8k. Fucking ridiculous really... £8k on videogames. But such is my passion for that machine and it's games/IP's. And, I still have plenty to buy yet.

In 2010 I had 26 AES games and after my girlfriend bought me a Big Red for my b-day I decided to sell off my AES collection. I realized that standing I front of an Arcade, like I did as a kid a the corner store, was the experience I was looking for and I didn't see the point of owning two of the same game. So after selling each game on eBay I got around 4K total and the only expensive game I had was Waku Waku 7. So yeah, Neo Geo AES stuff is krazy money.