IGNORED

Which P.O.S. TI cartridge would you sacrifice?

Omega-TI

I would pull out my molds and make a new case--much more satisfying. I do have a lot of Parsec and Alpiner carts excess to my needs though, so if I had to trash one, it would probably be one of them. . .both of them are so common that the case is worth more than the cartridge is.

Still?

Unless the guy tossed the remaining "thousands" he still had left. Two years ago he drove up from Texas to the TI Faire with a lot of bulk gear like that, books, power supplies, carts, etc. I don't think he sold much and went home with almost everything he came with. I can't remember his name, but I could dig it up if anyone wants to pursue it.

• Like 3

Unless the guy tossed the remaining "thousands" he still had left. Two years ago he drove up from Texas to the TI Faire with a lot of bulk gear like that, books, power supplies, carts, etc. I don't think he sold much and went home with almost everything he came with. I can't remember his name, but I could dig it up if anyone wants to pursue it.

That sounds like Mike Dudek from Kansas?

Edited by marc.hull
  • Like 2

Yes, Mike Dudeck. I bought a box of carts to support the Cart64K board run I did, plus the Retroclouds games. He wanted to sell me a few thousand, but I only took one box of 500 (and I still have some, you can get them on my webstore). Buying a box of 500 is cheaper, but then you have 500 carts...

Also, I have a hard time removing a quality PCB from a cartridge shell just to replace it with another PCB. I now have a stack of almost 500 TI-Invaders circuit boards and nothing to do with them (and I don't want to toss them in a landfill). This is what initially prompted me to design the BankSwitch Mini, which let you retro-fit a stock TI cartridge board to become a bank-switch board.

Yes, Mike Dudeck. I bought a box of carts to support the Cart64K board run I did, plus the Retroclouds games. He wanted to sell me a few thousand, but I only took one box of 500 (and I still have some, you can get them on my webstore). Buying a box of 500 is cheaper, but then you have 500 carts...

Also, I have a hard time removing a quality PCB from a cartridge shell just to replace it with another PCB. I now have a stack of almost 500 TI-Invaders circuit boards and nothing to do with them (and I don't want to toss them in a landfill). This is what initially prompted me to design the BankSwitch Mini, which let you retro-fit a stock TI cartridge board to become a bank-switch board.

... and if you guys haven't seen Matthew's BankSwitch Mini, it is one awesome piece of circuit board! Damn nice job, Matthew.

http://codehackcreate.com/archives/208

• Like 1

I do too. I think you had to have played it as a young person 'back in the day', and having the Wumpus consistently make you jump out of your chair every time he got you :). Never mind the general fascination just about all these old games gave.

What could any decent human being have against that cuddly old Wumpus?, the game may move like a quadriplegic with parkinsons disease-but the game is still pretty good.

• Like 1

Sounds like great lyrics for a Country & Western song.... :grin:

In the key of E, with steel guitars optional.

My pappy said son-before you grow old

There's somethin a gotta tell you

I aint your real dad, your momma is mad

And I really like to sniff glue.

Now your a man, son-here's the plan

Don't go through your life takin crap

Your boss is a dick,your brother's real thick

And all cos o that ol Zero Zap.

Taah Daah!!!! ;-)

• Like 1

Exploring my feelings a bit deeper I admit I also have some sympathies for Hunt The Wumpus. :-) I hate other games.

Wumpus does not even *try* to be sophisticated. It is effective in its own way.

In contrast, there are games like Moonsweeper. It tries to be good but fails completely. The graphics may be a bit over average, but a gameplay of roughly a few minutes (having seen everything in that time) is really unacceptable. Follow-up is Buck Rogers.