IGNORED

Why is there no Wii U thread pinned?

There's plenty of Wii U conversation around here compared to the two main competitors. It would only seem to make sense to also have a Wii U forum if there's an Xbox One and a Playstation 4 subforum.

But I'll reiterate that it makes far more sense to have three generic Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo subforums for modern gaming. Would be more fitting to the traffic levels and would provide an obvious place for something like Vita/3DS discussion, Wii U discussion, DS/PSP discussion, talking about streaming PS3 games on the PS4, etc.

Some don't even post in the subforums when the thread obviously belongs in one of them, a consequence I imagine of a bit too much overspecialization. Not everyone visits them, partly because things are as spread out as they are, and most also realize if they post in the correct spot that fewer will actually participate.

The general lobby where this thread resides should, in my opinion, only be for multiplatform discussion, the rare PC thread, or the odd topic like the Ouya or that all but dead PC streaming service that doesn't fit anywhere else

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

Yep best console eva! Mk8 ftw!

Xbone 28 topics as of now seems hardly worth it. Count the threads and yeah looks as if they do make a nintendo console. May as well make a ouya topic if the xbone and ps4 have one.

Edited by Jinks

I finally got a Wii U. I wanted to make sure I got that 2 in 1 version of Mario/Luigi in the bundle before it gets totally replaced by the Mario Kart bundle or something after it. Going down Wikipedia's list I can find 25 retail disc games that I would want to get that already came out. That's about a quarter of the system's current library in the US. People just are not giving the thing a chance so I did. It's cheaper than the other systems anyway which is another good reason to get it before the others. The other two could use a big price drop, which maybe they'll get once they reach the Wii U's age of a year older.

How many of those 25 games are also available on a console like the Playstation 3? I think that's one reason the early support from publishers like EA, Activision, and Ubisoft didn't go anywhere. The fans of those established franchises already had comparable hardware to play those games on where they've been gaming for years.

Edited by Atariboy

How about just renaming the "Nintendo Wii" subforum to "Nintendo Wii U - Wii - 3DS"?

The Wii U is backwards compatible with the Wii.

Yeah, for whatever reason, Nintendo-specific subforums are a tough sell on AA.

That's a shame considering Nintendo is the only console maker left from the good old days and Mario has appeared on the 2600.

An "Atari Remix" game like the NES Remix games would be perfect for the Wii U.

How about just renaming the "Nintendo Wii" subforum to "Nintendo Wii U - Wii - 3DS"?

The Wii U is backwards compatible with the Wii.

That's a shame considering Nintendo is the only console maker left from the good old days and Mario has appeared on the 2600.

An "Atari Remix" game like the NES Remix games would be perfect for the Wii U.

I can see it now: "Get ET out of that hole!"

Edited by TheGameCollector

Couldn't agree more. Playstation and Xbox are fun and all, but Nintendo has a legacy going back to almost the beginning of home video games.

Edit: For that matter, it's a shame we never saw Atari/InTv/Coleco games on the Virtual Console.

Edited by godslabrat

• 4 weeks later...

this site used to be nice and streamlined. I actually don't like all the "subforums" because honestly, there's so much stuff that's kind of a where does it go type of thing, it makes all the forums less busy than they really would be if left alone.

That's kinda bothered me for a while. Either an oversight, or it's being done on purpose. If it's being done on purpose, ... well let's just hope that's not the case. To take that grudge for that many years against Nintendo on a forum that's supposed to be open-minded to all consoles would just be shallow and childish.

You can argue why there isn't a forum for all classic consoles, as many aren't big enough to get their own forum, but there's only three modern mainstream consoles out. Wii U should be listed if XBox One and PS4 are there.

• Like 4

Either an oversight, or it's being done on purpose.

You're on to something here. It's well known that Atari was offered the opportunity to release the NES in the US and declined. Nintendo released it on their own and ever since then there has been a seething hatred towards anything Nintendo from the "Atari folks" Everyone thinks Al started Atari Age, not true. Those "Atari folks" started it and for the sole purpose of taking down Nintendo!! All a person had to do was look for the clues, they were present on the forums all these years. I realized it a few months ago, glad to see others have as well.

Anyways based on the performance of the Wii U, the "Atari folks" nefarious plan finally paid off. Now the even bigger question, as AA members, are we not also a part on Nintendo's downfall by association!? *shudder*

• Like 1