IGNORED

The most annoying enemies in classic games

The "Rinka" enemies from Metroid. The little fireballs that attack you in Mother Brain's chamber.

To me they're the definition of a classic annoying video game enemy. They infinitely respawn, coming at you from all directions. They zap your energy, knock you down into lava, and generally slow you down as you're trying to attack the Zeebetites and Mother Brain herself.

Edited by pablum
  • Like 1

Evil Otto - Berzerk.

The COMPLETLEY random weights - Crazy Climber.

Hyperspace ( yes it IS an enemy) - most every game that has it.

Sinistar - Sinistar.

The bees - 720.

Icicles - Mario Bros.

The bat (easily the MOST annoying) - Adventure.

Dragon Chan way too random to beat after beating him the first time - Super Punch-out

Soooo many more, but these are my most annoying.

• Like 1

Yes, definitely the weights in Crazy Climber.

The knife throwers in Kung Fu Master.

The buzzards in Donkey Kong Jr. when you're near the top. Not having much room to work with, and hoping one doesn't fly at you (which it always seems to do).

Those are probably the most annoying two enemies in SMB3! The sun is unavoidable for the most part unless you freakking speedrun the level, and the fish doesn't only take your power up; it takes your entire life!

The sun in SMB3 is overrated, as it can be killed easily with a koopa shell.

Edited by dendawg

After playing Batman Returns on the Lynx tonight my immediate thought once reaching the second level was that I cannot believe I forgot how much of a pain the shotgun cops are. Honorable mention to the two different types of penguins on the fourth level. While not as annoying as the shotgun cops, they can put you in the water often enough.

Edited by jeremiahjt

The birds from Ninja Gaiden, the Moby birds from Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link, and the Cheep Cheeps from the Super Mario Bros. franchise.

That brings up some fridge logic. Since these games were designed in Japan, you have to wonder what is it with the Japanese and killer birds. Do birds routinely kill people in Japan?

The birds from Ninja Gaiden, the Moby birds from Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link, and the Cheep Cheeps from the Super Mario Bros. franchise.

That brings up some fridge logic. Since these games were designed in Japan, you have to wonder what is it with the Japanese and killer birds. Do birds routinely kill people in Japan?

What's up with flying fish (cheep-cheeps) for that matter? Or a leaf that turns you into Flying-freakking-raccoon/tanooki? Evil walking mushrooms (goombas) that try to kill you?

Three words: Japan is awesome!

Was playing 2600 Star Castle on my Harmony. That plasma ball that launches out of the star when I'm trying to destroy it. You can avoid the plasma ball by keeping your ship in motion; however it's really difficult avoid as your ship has to be pointed at the center to get a shot in. Still an awesome homebrew and I plan to get it when it releases.