IGNORED

Electrocop for 7800

Prosystemsearch

I think when I talked to the programmer (Chuck Peavey) he said that the game had progressed further than the prototype I reviewed and he thought he still might have a copy somewhere. I should follow up with him on that.

Fingers crossed...It would be great if a later revision was found with fixes to one or more of the outstanding issues.

So there are a few things needing a followup:

* Electrocop (possibilities of files still existing)

* MIA (possibility of later version still existing)

* Impossible Mission (programmer desire to release updated/fixed version. Having "California Games" on disks and needed drive to read them. Last I remember, someone was going to loan/give drive for the task?.. or something like that.)

Having "California Games" on disks and needed drive to read them. Last I remember, someone was going to loan/give drive for the task?.. or something like that.

Looks like that person did obtain the drive...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/135553-impossible-mission-guess-who/page-8?do=findComment&comment=2603366

"I just ran across the 5.25" floppy drive I was sent the other day, and got the rest of the stuff I need to make this happen. Will let everyone know within the next few months re: California Games and whatever source code I can find."

-From Sept 2012

Unfortunately, krewat has not been online since July 2013, and do not see any follow up regarding California Games. :sad:

So let's get this straight - you were a stockholder of Atari Corp, and a staff writer for their Magazine - when you were 13?

I had 50 shares in Atari Corp back then just so I could attend the annual shareholders meetings and raise questions that either I wanted answered, my users group wanted answered, and to also voice my opinion on matters.

No, I wasn't on staff. I submitted multiple hints on 7800 games and they were published.

Looks like that person did obtain the drive...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/135553-impossible-mission-guess-who/page-8?do=findComment&comment=2603366

"I just ran across the 5.25" floppy drive I was sent the other day, and got the rest of the stuff I need to make this happen. Will let everyone know within the next few months re: California Games and whatever source code I can find."

-From Sept 2012

Unfortunately, krewat has not been online since July 2013, and do not see any follow up regarding California Games. :sad:

Wait, they ported California Games to the 7800?

It was being worked on. I think the programmer said that the BMX section was playable and maybe one other (surfing?).

I sent Mr. Krewat a 7800 console with the dev bios and cable to dump what he had on his dev cart. I even sent him some eproms for burning the code he had on those disks. We talked back and forth for a long while but he had troubles getting things going with what was still there of the program. I've lost contact with him and when I purged my old emails a while ago I lost his contact info for outside of AtariAge too :(

• Like 1

I sent Mr. Krewat a 7800 console with the dev bios and cable to dump what he had on his dev cart. I even sent him some eproms for burning the code he had on those disks. We talked back and forth for a long while but he had troubles getting things going with what was still there of the program. I've lost contact with him and when I purged my old emails a while ago I lost his contact info for outside of AtariAge too :(

Thanks for filling in some more details, Hoff.

I presume you never got your console with the dev BIOS and other hardware back either - that sucks :(

Bet if you would've asked your good buddy for help, he could have got the code and had things dumped...

post-18-0-88850700-1401365846_thumb.jpg

:grin:

• Like 1

Thanks for filling in some more details, Hoff.

I presume you never got your console with the dev BIOS and other hardware back either - that sucks :(

Bet if you would've asked your good buddy for help, he could have got the code and had things dumped...

attachicon.gifk.jpg

:grin:

No, no, I gave that 7800 to him. I didn't and don't want it back. He was very kind to me and even signed the carts of the games he programmed for the 7800 for me at one point. I only mentioned the hardware so it's known he does have a working machine and the means to do stuff with it when he chooses it's the right time to do so.

EDIT: Also last I spoke to him there was still no cart to speak of, just a dev board which COULD hold the code he had on disk\paper of the game which is why I sent him some eproms to use also.

• Like 1

There's another legend that an Atari Corp executive assistant had a box of prototypes and that Electrocop was in the box.

If that were true, why wouldn't the Exec Assistant have surfaced to make some cash selling it?

What I can't fathom is why haven't the GCCers released Elevator Action for the 5200 and 7800? It's obvious they were the ones who did those ports.

At one time she might have back in the late 80s. She doesn't now.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/105531-anyone-know-what-unreleased-game-amy-hennig-worked-on/?p=1321671

It would've been nice had some Atari Corp employees had leaked the source or ROM online back then if Corp had no intent to release those titles.

Still, they should've went the mail-order route to registered owners to sell those games if only to recuperate the development dollars such as with MIDI Maze for the XEGS.

So many damn blunders.

Wasn't there a magazine article or something somebody had posted a pic of that stated that the game (Electrocop) was very playable and a standout for the 7800 at CES?

I'd be willing to bet money that even if the prototpye was destroyed there's a hard disk out there with the files still on it...

If that were true, why wouldn't the Exec Assistant have surfaced to make some cash selling it?

You mean why would an Atari employee have done something that wasn't too smart business-wise?

Is that a rhetorical question?

:-)

desiv

Edited by desiv
  • Like 2

Query...Who owns the rites to 7800 Electrocop?

Maybe a conversation with that person(s) would be a good place to see if the source code does indeed still exist since Amy Hennig stated that the game was completed.

I'm not hopeful because Epyx would've owned the rights to the game back then and they imploded. And then Atari Corp later imploded.

Lord help us if they backed up the source code on JTS hard drives!