IGNORED

Missile Command+

killersquirel

Hello. In the 5200 Hack threads there was a fix to Missile Command+ to work on real hardware. The game works great with the joystick, but no longer works with the trackball. Is there anyone that could fix this so that it can be played with the trackball? Here's a link to the thread.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/128201-missile-command/

Thanks,

Mike

This has been brought to my attention that you hit the reset switch to change it to trackball control. There is a weirdness in that if you move the trackball in the beginning of the round before it lets you control that will screw up the "alignment" of the control and can potentially sink your game. Would this require an easy fix or would it be more complicated?

-mike

• 4 weeks later...

This has been brought to my attention that you hit the reset switch to change it to trackball control. There is a weirdness in that if you move the trackball in the beginning of the round before it lets you control that will screw up the "alignment" of the control and can potentially sink your game. Would this require an easy fix or would it be more complicated?

-mike

This is because the trackball calibration was not correctly implemented. The cal line needs to be pulled low during calibration so that moving the ball won't mess it up. It would be a fairly simple thing to fix.

I would love for a talented programmer to fix the calibration for Missile Command+. It's such a great hack of the game that to have the same type of control that the original offers would be great.

-mike

How different is it from, say, GCC's unauthorized Missile Command hack known as Super Missile Attack?

How different is it from, say, GCC's unauthorized Missile Command hack known as Super Missile Attack?

It is just Atari A8/5200 Missile Command with three missile bases and the options of auto base selection, or pressing 1,2,3 to fire from that particular base.

It is just Atari A8/5200 Missile Command with three missile bases and the options of auto base selection, or pressing 1,2,3 to fire from that particular base.

Hmm. I think Dan Kramer mentioned they had a hacked version like that that they sued back at Atari Inc back in the day...