PFL

What Happened to Army of 2600?

I've been listening to lots of lo-fi electronic stuff of late and decided to see what General Mike and Army of 2600 had been up to over the past few months. I had a look around for "Army of 2600" and "General Mike" but I can't seem to find anything up to date. His Facebook page and Reverb Nation page have both been closed. I did a search for General Mike here under 'Members' but it came back with no results... It's all the more strange because he used to be so prolific. :(

I hope all's well with him.

Hey man, I actually released his only professional CD. I've been trying to find where he went too.

Hey. I've actually already got the CD. I only just missed out on the shirt offer last time so I wouldn't mind getting one this time round if you do decide to do it again.

It's a little disconcerting that he's disappeared the way he has. I mean actually going to the bother of closing down all obvious links to himself obviously means he's gone AWOL deliberately. I only hope it's for good reasons and that he's okay. He seems like a really nice guy...

Good luck in trying to find him. I'm going to keep my eyes open in case he reappears. I like what he was doing...

• Like 1

Aww, I hope something didn't happen to him. I got one of the pro CD's and also some of the shirts (which local customers seem to love, but can't find any more :( )

I'd like to see them do more.

Hmm, Mike, maybe we should do one more package with a new shirt design or something.

• Like 1

Hey General. Great to see you're alive and well! I'm off to work now but I'll be checking out the new tunes on your Soundcloud page. :)

• Like 1

I know if you make a new album, I'd buy it.

Most my friend were like "der, hey, I recognize that tune" LOL

• Like 1

My 2600 collection is growing thanks to Ebay and local thrift stores and I am always putting new sounds together to keep the old school gaming vibe alive and blooping, beeping and buzzing.

• Like 1