IGNORED

Kaboom's Mad Bomber question

atari2600land

Just glancing at that picture, it's hard to say why it's exactly like that. But we could second-guess many of the games from back then. Kaboom had pretty awesome graphics for the time. Maybe that center area was light in color for contrast, to show that he wasn't holding anything.

Edited by Ranthulfr
  • Like 1

Semi related question -- I recall in the instructions it said that if anyone managed to 'roll over the score' by getting 1 million points and sending in proof of that to Activision that you would get 'something special'. One MILLION? Has anyone even done that TODAY? :ponder: And I wonder what they would have given!

Kaboom has been my favorite Atari 2600 game the feeling is additive it sucks you in this is the game I spend hours on just to try and get 10k plus I'm always avrenging 9k but anyone have tips to get further i already know the lose a basket before each thousand please help out and Atari on everyone :)

Semi related question -- I recall in the instructions it said that if anyone managed to 'roll over the score' by getting 1 million points and sending in proof of that to Activision that you would get 'something special'. One MILLION? Has anyone even done that TODAY? :ponder: And I wonder what they would have given!

Scroll down the main page on AA they talk about it, a guy got to around 928,238 and personally was congratulated by the creator of the game mabye that was the thing that was "something special"

Activision would usually have a patch you could sew to your school jacket that you could get if you solved most of their games. Just like people collect virtual badges, Activision used to mail them out.

Why does the Mad Bomber look the way he does? I mean, couldn't a cleaner, more refined sprite have been done? (see picture)

Yeah, it's a clever trick to make your eye see detail that isn't there with only one color on each scanline of the Player. It creates the illusion of his arms casting shadows on his body.