IGNORED

Lynx Multi Cart

SainT

I'm on a roll tonight... :D

*MSTERE0 = 0;

Now all games (I've tried) have audio -- time to fill up my memory card and have a play. This is now fully functional. Just needs a bit of optimising in the firmware, and adding a few more pull-up resistors here and there and it's ready to make some units up.

Although I still need to add generic file access to the firmware too. That shouldn't be too much work now I have proper comms with the Lynx working now, though.

w00t! :grin:

• Like 1

One thing that's nice is that this is all controlled by the menu code, which is run on the Lynx and read from the memory card on startup. I will release the code once everything is working nicely, so if there are any issues with particular games, anyone can take a look and try and fix it!

I'm getting generic file i/o working next so this would open up the possibility of new games accessing the memory card directly if people wanted to. Hopefully if this is really popular (quite how large the Lynx scene is these days I really don't know!) I can get the carts made in the PCB fab shop in China as Karri mentioned before and actually make them in some quantity without having to hand build them all myself.

All good fun, glad I'm getting time to work on this a bit more now. :)

Edited by SainT

(similar avatar to manic23 but not the same person - although obviously we have a shared love of Manic Miner)

LOL, sorry about that aminor00, yes I love Manic Miner, one of the first games I ever remember playing.

Edited by manic23
  • Like 1

Production PCB may well be black. :) But I also want to have a go at a 3D printed shell to enclose all the electronics as well, which you would be able to have as an optional extra.

I've tried it in the Lynx 1 now as well, works a treat. Is it just me, or is the screen better in the Lynx 1?

It will be sold direct from here initially, but I may well do a simple shop one day. I've been meaning to do something like that when I have enough retro add-ons I've developed ready to sell.

Thank-you all! :D I've tried to document everything I've done reasonably well as I hoped it may be interesting to read back through for myself or others. I've just been playing a load of games, there are a few which don't work, so I'll have to look at the hardware initialisation, but about 90% work great. The Lynx is such a lovely little bit of hardware, such a sad thing it didn't sell better. Its amazing looking at the 3D floor effects and full on filled 3D which its capable of all due to the fantastic hardware design.

• Like 6