IGNORED

Aquarius Composite Mod

Tupin

Okay, so I got my Aquarius composite output amp circuit bread-boarded and working...

1538908597_Image_22019-08-30_22-36-18.thumb.jpeg.b9800b88c7e65b75a5598acc2966d768.jpeg

1685826564_Image_12019-08-30_22-36-18.thumb.jpeg.d0039629ddfe37b6adf4178bdc1274ca.jpeg

Not sure how close the colors are, or if I've got a good picture or bad picture, but its loads better than the RF output I was getting.

This is the schematic for my circuit...

image.thumb.png.0a523232b2fe62e8cf7494ec7749320f.png

I am removing the SJ1 bypass pad, and I know there are PROBABLY cheaper video buffer ICs I could use, but it works...

EXCEPT...

No audio.

Does anyone know of a single-supply 5v audio amp (preferably DIL package) that I can use to drive the standard RCA input on most TVs? The IC I got with the video buffer IC didn't work in single-supply mode at 5v.

EDIT: I’m going to use an LM386. 

Edited by 1stage
Found the right audio amp chip
  • Like 2

Thank you for posting this!  It looks good so far, although I'd love to see how the output compares to the original RF on a CRT.  Let us know how the LM386 works out, too!

Your circuit looks compact enough to be able to fit onto a single board alongside Bruce Abbott's RGB upgrade.  I'd like to (finally!) put my Aquarius back on the workbench to test both upgrades; I'm particularly interested in testing the RGB output with an HDMI upscaler like the Framemeister.  Eventually, I'd love to put together a small upgrade board, one which combines both outputs and fits into the original RF modulator footprint.