IGNORED

COLLECTORVISION - Official Ordering Thread for SYDNEY HUNTER

Rev

mine arrived during the week. however, is it my machine or was there a bug on the jump buttons? the top buttons are disabled and the short is left and long is right bottom button on the hand controller.

Maybe the person who programmed it had small hands. :D :P

Kind of similar to Super Chef BT. Intelligentvision made the pepper the bottom buttons and he said that is more comfortable for him and what he preferred (or something like that).

It is my opinion that future programmers need to make the top buttons the important one and not the bottom.

What do most players prefer? Should we start a poll? Bottom vs Top.

Rev said he's a Bottom. :D :D :D

Edited by IntellivisionDude

Maybe the person who programmed it had small hands. :D :P

Kind of similar to Super Chef BT. Intelligentvision made the pepper the bottom buttons and he said that is more comfortable for him and what he preferred (or something like that).

It is my opinion that future programmers need to make the top buttons the important one and not the bottom.

What do most players prefer? Should we start a poll? Bottom vs Top.

Rev said he's a Bottom. :D :D :D

You could not leave it alone could you dude?And now the innuendo continues!

• Like 1

I don't mind the arrangement, its just the overlay indicated the top/bottom arrangement.

The manual matches the overlay, i.e. top buttons = big jump, this as you know is not the case

other things:

1) Can't complete past mission 4 due to timer being too fast

2) When hero dies due to running into something, it does not reset the timer. This means you die and you may die again due to timer running out. When timer runs out and you die, the timer does restart

3) top buttons only the start game and are not used for jumping at all

4) Cart PCB should have been designed to go around the mounting holes, and not just rest on the front side tabs, that may or may not be present. This lead to a bad smelling glue to hold the PCB in. Most of the Mattel cart pcbs I've seen mount around the holes, not sure why that was not used here.

5) Split power trace can cause cart pcb to not power on consistently, one side of the cart may need to be pulled forward to power the cart

6) Game lacks pause feature found in many Intellivision games (1+9 or 3+7)

Even with the above the game is very good and well worth the purchase price.

I only wish they provided a PCB only option, so I could have saved the time cleaning most of the glue off.

Edited by grips03

The manual matches the overlay, i.e. top buttons = big jump, this as you know is not the case

other things:

1) Can't complete past mission 4 due to timer being too fast

2) When hero dies due to running into something, it does not reset the timer. This means you die and you may die again due to timer running out. When timer runs out and you die, the timer does restart

3) top buttons only the start game and are not used for jumping at all

4) Cart PCB should have been designed to go around the mounting holes, and not just rest on the front side tabs, that may or may not be present. This lead to a bad smelling glue to hold the PCB in. Most of the Mattel cart pcbs I've seen mount around the holes, not sure why that was not used here.

5) Split power trace can cause cart pcb to not power on consistently, one side of the cart may need to be pulled forward to power the cart

6) Game lacks pause feature found in many Intellivision games (1+9 or 3+7)

Even with the above the game is very good and well worth the purchase price.

I only wish they provided a PCB only option, so I could have saved the time cleaning most of the glue off.

1). Will fix that

2). Will fix that

3). Will fix that

4). Fixed now!

5). Will fix that

6). Will fix that

• Like 3

I do have problems with both games, this one and Space Raid, on my PAL console. I need to restart the console several times to get the title screen and play the game. I tested it with other homebrews and original releases and not even one has similar issues, may there is a compability problem with european consoles?

I'd like to purchase Sydney Hunter please, but only after all of the revisions have been made. Not interested in shelling out this kind of dough on game cartridges that haven't been properly and thoroughly tested beforehand.

Seems the beta testing circle is way too small. Need to reach out to a wider variety of people for testing. Or is it people are not stepping up to test? The upper button's not being activated is a MAJOR flaw and one that should not have been overlooked at all. Reminds me of Super Chef BT where the controls were reversed that way. If only more feedback had been allowed, needless/senseless things like this wouldn't happen.

Need_more_people to test these before burning and selling - please! The games and efforts put forth totally warrant it. :)

I do have problems with both games, this one and Space Raid, on my PAL console. I need to restart the console several times to get the title screen and play the game. I tested it with other homebrews and original releases and not even one has similar issues, may there is a compability problem with european consoles?

pull the cart from one side or the other, this will help the cart's power pin to make proper contact.

Edited by grips03
  • Like 1

I haven't had any similar issue with my Australian PAL console, one press of the reset seems to bring up the title fine.

Look at the red pcb with the split power trace, green pcb is Mattel. This why some carts power up fine and others need slight adjustment.

post-27883-0-98133300-1413845860_thumb.jpg

Same problems with me too.

Got mine today. The box art, manual & overlays look amazing in person. :) :thumbsup:

I can get used to the bottom buttons for jumping. For a game in this style it is not a big deal.

The timer not resetting doesn't matter too much in the beginning level. But not sure how much that will affect later levels. Haven't gotten that far yet.

Got mine today. The box art, manual & overlays look amazing in person. :) :thumbsup:

I can get used to the bottom buttons for jumping. For a game in this style it is not a big deal.

The timer not resetting doesn't matter too much in the beginning level. But not sure how much that will affect later levels. Haven't gotten that far yet.

Which box did you get?