IGNORED

Looking for 5200 games/questions about the Atarimax multi cart.

Nutsy Doodleheimer

Hello everyone, I am looking for Atari 5200 carts if anyone is selling them? Also people are telling me about the Atarimax 5200 multi cart. One thing is I have no PC, desktop or notebook computer. Just a smartphone for net access. And I don't know if you can move roms on from your phone. I have 22 5200 games. They are Bezerk, Centipede, Missle Command, Pole Position, Pacman, Ms. Pacman, Pengo, Kangaroo, Qix, Mario Bros, Robotron 2084, Qbert, Space Invaders, Joust, Defender, Congo Bongo, Vanguard, Super Breakout, Dig Dug, Galaxian, Jungle Hunt, and Moon Patrol. Anyone selling 5200 games with none of these mentioned games PM me and any help on the multicart will be appreciated, Thanks!! :)

The Atari max SD cart uses SD cards (obviously). I would think if your phones has a mini SD slot you can put ROMs files on it and use an adapter to use that card in the Atari max cart.

There is no special software, you only need to put rom files in a folder called 5200 on the sd card.

• Like 1

If you have the multicart, it doesn't take long with practically any PC (library maybe?) loading up the SD card, once you know where to find the roms. For carts, look in atariage marketplace, ebay, game shows, vintage game stores. Oh yeah, ask all your friends grandmas and grandpas if they still have some in the attic or basement.

The Atarimax cart is $129.95, plus shipping. It is well worth the money as there are a number of 8-bit games that have been converted to run on the 5200.

http://www.atarimax.com/5200sd/documentation/index.html

Amended to read "…that have been converted to run on the 5200 but never will have a cartridge production run for them".

Also, if you want cartridges, check the Atari Age store here and Good Deal Games. Maybe someone else can refer to other physical homebrew outfits as well for the 5200...

• 4 weeks later...