IGNORED

Best Electronics Review/Endorsement Thread

mipaol

Weeks eh?

To clarify, while it's true I had one of the worst customer experiences I've had in ages with another Atari dealer, it was because of that I started this topic to balance out all that criticism with a positive review of another Atari dealer I placed an order with, who I had an exceptional experience with.

Edited by mipaol

off topic and really just wondering, if someone has a bad experience with best can they mope and whine for weeks on end cause you endorsed them, such as the op did with another reseller suggested and endorsed by the community?

I had two bad:

1) Atari 5200 controller with their gold pads stopped working after a month

2) I wanted to buy db9 cable and asked for a picture of it to see if it had the low profile db9 female connector, they wanted to charge me $10 for them taking picture of db9 cable they are selling. Their website does not have picture of the cable, hence the request.

One good:

Replacement 5200 system board worked

Who rebuilt the joystick, him or you? If it was him, did he take care of it for you?

These are 30 year old joysticks.

they sold a rebuilt gold contact controller (complete) to me. Its still broken. I now use another controller.

Edited by grips03

Thanks for all the comments regarding Best, guys. I am just getting back into collecting for my Lynx and ran across them and wanted to make sure they were a good reseller to purchase from.

On the other hand, now that I found this topic, I am now scared about B&C, as I just ordered something from them on Amazon...they were advertised as "New" (STUN Runner in box for Lynx, and Lynx AC Adaptor), so here's hoping the quality is good. All I am looking for in this purchase is a working STUN Runner in Box and a working AC Adaptor. Going forward, it sounds like I will use Best. Thanks for the replies!

Edited by SumerNivek

I just purchased my first item from them yesterday--a NIB Jag system. As per other peoples' advice, I decided to call to place the order as opposed to email it in. I'm not sure if I talked to Brad (he didn't state his name), but I tried to be as cut-and-dry about the item I needed and he knew exactly what I was talking about and whipped up an order in a matter of seconds. The gentleman seemed to be in a good mood from what I can tell and he took my payment and mailing information without any hitches. Should be 7 to 10 days for the item to arrive (apparently they only do Parcel Post/Select on large items?), so I'll give my last two-cents when the package arrives. My only concern is that I will have no tracking or order confirmation in writing (i.e., an email or something). He just said, "It should ship tomorrow, it will take 7 to 10 days". In an age where everything is automated, it's going to be weird waiting for a package without any way to track it, like I did in the mid '90s, ha.

Thanks for all the comments regarding Best, guys. I am just getting back into collecting for my Lynx and ran across them and wanted to make sure they were a good reseller to purchase from.

On the other hand, now that I found this topic, I am now scared about B&C, as I just ordered something from them on Amazon...they were advertised as "New" (STUN Runner in box for Lynx, and Lynx AC Adaptor), so here's hoping the quality is good. All I am looking for in this purchase is a working STUN Runner in Box and a working AC Adaptor. Going forward, it sounds like I will use Best. Thanks for the replies!

I just bought a few of the Lynx games in my Lynx lot from B&C before I found that my rechargables won't fit my Lynx. They worked as advertised and the prices are great. One caveat is that most of his new titles don't come with the box. They come wrapped in plastic shrinkwrap with the cart and manual/poster. A small price to pay for having a new game on the cheap I guess and he at least tells you if they do or not and on eBay, it comes with a pic.

This is the Bill and Ted I bought from him for example:

post-3346-0-23407500-1405698759_thumb.jpg

I just bought a few of the Lynx games in my Lynx lot from B&C before I found that my rechargables won't fit my Lynx. They worked as advertised and the prices are great. One caveat is that most of his new titles don't come with the box. They come wrapped in plastic shrinkwrap with the cart and manual/poster. A small price to pay for having a new game on the cheap I guess and he at least tells you if they do or not and on eBay, it comes with a pic.

This is the Bill and Ted I bought from him for example:

attachicon.gif!Bk89ek!!Wk~$(KGrHqEH-DEEssO6IojOBLZqK+ymrw~~_12.JPG

Johnny, just to follow up on my previous post: I just got my items from B&C yesterday, and they look very good and work very well too! I actually got my STUN Runner sealed and in a box, and the AC adaptor was in the box as well. So, no qualms about that, and I am glad my experience with B&C didn't mirror some others' comments. He shipped very quickly too. I would definitely do business with him again, but I also want to check out Best. Thanks for the reply!

... (apparently they only do Parcel Post/Select on large items?)...

Usually when I get a quote via eMail, he gives both slow/faster (priority mail) option. Maybe if you don't ask he goes the cheapest for you. My only gripe, and it's not that big of a deal, is no tracking ;)

Usually when I get a quote via eMail, he gives both slow/faster (priority mail) option. Maybe if you don't ask he goes the cheapest for you. My only gripe, and it's not that big of a deal, is no tracking ;)

Yeah, I had a feeling that's what it was. I probably would have opted for more expensive/faster shipping, but now that I think about it, I'm going to be busy for the next couple of weeks so there's no rush to play the system. I can wait for it.

I received my system from Best yesterday. All is well on this end--it was well packed, and it arrived faster than expected (Best quoted 7 - 10 business days via Parcel Select/Post; it traveled cross-country in 4). No complaints here! If anyone has an issue with email etiquette, I may suggest calling them up directly like I did.

• 2 years later...

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask if anyone else has had an issue with slow shipping quote/time to ship from Best? I've been emailing back and forth with Brad, and while I always receive prompt and friendly responses from him, It took quite a while to even get a quote on what the shipping cost/ final order total would be. During that time, I found a few more items I wanted, so asked for a revised final total, and was told it would take up to 3 weeks to get another quote from the shipping department. Is this a new normal? Or an weird blip in service? All the comments in this thread are from a few years ago, so I didn't know if business has really picked up or if they're just short staffed.

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask if anyone else has had an issue with slow shipping quote/time to ship from Best? I've been emailing back and forth with Brad, and while I always receive prompt and friendly responses from him, It took quite a while to even get a quote on what the shipping cost/ final order total would be. During that time, I found a few more items I wanted, so asked for a revised final total, and was told it would take up to 3 weeks to get another quote from the shipping department. Is this a new normal? Or an weird blip in service? All the comments in this thread are from a few years ago, so I didn't know if business has really picked up or if they're just short staffed.

Lol he is something else . You upset him by wanting to add more items lol

Lol he is something else . You upset him by wanting to add more items lol

Oh God. I haven't ordered from Brad in a few years...and don't plan on again anytime in this lifetime. Not that he doesn't have quality stuff (or what is left nowadays) but because he tends to be a prick. Please pardon my language. But I can only describe him as such. Maybe scorned from years of dealing with customers?

You should probably read the bigger thread here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/213582-best-electronics-problem-with-ordering/page-1

Last time I ordered from him was a JagCD. It was "new without box" (I believe it was new) but it did not work...disk did not spin. I contacted him after it arrived and he was rude and pretty nasty about it. Basically said that it was "impossible" that it did not work and to send it back and they would inspect it. I did, they inspected it, found it to be faulty and replaced it. But they did not apologize for whatever they were insinuating of me. I was done after that. And I ordered a lot of stuff prior to this as well...130XE parts, refurb gold 5200 controllers, lots of accessories and carts...and so on. He lost me as a customer after the unwarranted treatment I received from that one transaction.

The thing is that it is easy to say they are great to deal with when you order something and it works out (it works). The positive reviews I have read over the years are from people that have had this type of good experience. However, what if something is not good? In my case I received one defective item from him (out of dozens of good orders in the past) and was treated like a lowlife because he had to be "bothered" with an exchange. A true measurement of a company is how they deal with issues like this...not how they just sell stuff on a day to day basis.

In stark contrast take Albert and the AA store. Not too long ago I purchased some Jag titles and after receiving them decided I wanted something else. Albert didn't have to accommodate that (as they were not defective items) but was kind enough to take them back for store credit for some other things that I did want after asking him if there was something that he could do. Not saying that is something I would want to do any time again in the future, but it was a great customer service gesture and a major factor as to why I will always buy from the AA store if they have what I need and continue to recommend it to all I speak to.

The thing is that it is easy to say they are great to deal with when you order something and it works out (it works). The positive reviews I have read over the years are from people that have had this type of good experience. However, what if something is not good? In my case I received one defective item from him (out of dozens of good orders in the past) and was treated like a lowlife because he had to be "bothered" with an exchange. A true measurement of a company is how they deal with issues like this...not how they just sell stuff on a day to day basis.

In stark contrast take Albert and the AA store. Not too long ago I purchased some Jag titles and after receiving them decided I wanted something else. Albert didn't have to accommodate that (as they were not defective items) but was kind enough to take them back for store credit for some other things that I did want after asking him if there was something that he could do. Not saying that is something I would want to do any time again in the future, but it was a great customer service gesture and a major factor as to why I will always buy from the AA store if they have what I need and continue to recommend it to all I speak to.

AA Store? Do you have a link?

Wait, if it's the AtariAge store... I'll feel a bit sheepish....

Edited by oryan_dunn
  • Like 1