IGNORED

Does anyone make new Atari 8-bit cartridge shells?

Albert

5 hours ago, archeocomp said:

Are those PCBs public or can I order from someone? I would love some cartridge(s) for my 800XL

the one in the image appears to be this:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fatarionline.pl%2Fforum%2Fcomments.php%3FDiscussionID%3D4245%26page%3D1%23Item_0

parts list:

- PCB
- 10k ohm resistor network (possibly 9 or 10-pin)
- 3 SMD 100nf capacitors in the 0805 housing (C1 + C5 - there are two footprints)
- 74HC574 chip (latches part of the address),
- GAL16V8D system,
- flash memory SST39SF020 (512kB -> SST39SF040) or e.g. Winbond W29C020

LED1 and R5 resistor are not needed for operation. They were only for diagnostics, but the project turned out to be fully functional, so ...

how to do it?
- we create games / programs (.xex) into the sets of CreaXin1 (save as .rom),
- we combine sets with the XEGS Merger program,
- we program GALA (the input from the CPU is also included) and flash, eg with the TOP3000 programmer, possibly TL866, etc.

Edited by xrbrevin
  • Like 1

Bad news - EU close borders for minimum 30 days for coronavirus case. Some of package I see on tracking has returned to Warsaw, probably i get it returned for few days :( So, please send me e-mail, than I can resend you money or we wait to open EU borders and I resend packages?

• Sad 2

On 3/17/2020 at 11:25 PM, xrbrevin said:

- 74HC574 chip (latches part of the address),

- GAL16V8D system,
- flash memory SST39SF020 (512kB -> SST39SF040) or e.g. Winbond W29C020

LED1 and R5 resistor are not needed for operation. They were only for diagnostics, but the project turned out to be fully functional, so ...

how to do it?
- we create games / programs (.xex) into the sets of CreaXin1 (save as .rom),
- we combine sets with the XEGS Merger program,
- we program GALA (the input from the CPU is also included) and flash, eg with the TOP3000 programmer, possibly TL866, etc.

I managed to buy two sets from Poland. Could you please also post (link to) equations and/or Jedec files for GAL?

4 hours ago, Wilheim said:

My two cents on this topic. The labels were printed on a color laser printer device on an adhesive paper, covered with a plastic to make a “shining” effect and protection.

622E2346-0461-480F-B9D8-24375046181D.jpeg

That Multigame artwork is fantastic! And is there a cart version of Realm Of Impossibility out there?

4 hours ago, orpheuswaking said:

I would love a Goonies cart!!! But if i had someone make all the carts that were never released in the XE style I would go broke in less than a day. 

If your computer has 64k ram at least, I can make you a multi game cartridge with The Goonies on it.

5 hours ago, Wilheim said:

If your computer has 64k ram at least, I can make you a multi game cartridge with The Goonies on it.

I like the idea of the individual carts per game with the XE style labels. That said a multicart would be nice too

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sikor said:

I can send it after pandemia restriction - now i can send packages only for few countries in Europe ?

Which EU countries? Perhaps somebody can relay your package. I mean, you send a couple of shells to somebody in Germany/Netherlands/UK and that person sends them to Albert.

And indeed, those gray translucent shells look fantastic!  It's so cool you shelled out this amount of money to create new shells  :D