IGNORED

CGE Attendance

CGE Badges for the Intellivision Forum

I going to make some CGE badges for the Intellivision folks in this forum. These will be done for free.

The idea is that while we know each other as Lathe26 with a chimp's face or as Cmart604 with a Pacman-ish logo, some of us have no idea what we look or sound like in real life. When we meet, we'll find out we have names like Bill and Jack but will have a hard time keeping track of who in real life is who online. I figure some badges will help everyone associate each real life face with their online persona.

For example, this is Cmart604 online:

cmart604.png

... and this is him in real life, see the difference?

hdr-massive-guy1.jpg

What will it look like?

It is still being designed, but it will be a very, very simple design. Basically, it will have your AA image, your AA name in large typeface, perhaps some text about CGE 2014 and/or Intellivision, and not much else. I'm not planning to include real names.

How do I get on the list?

Just post in this topic to get on SoulBuster's official list of attendees. If you're already on SoulBuster's list, you have nothing to do. If you're not comfortable publicly posting that you are going, just PM me privately. Deadline is end-of-day Wednesday, September 3rd (Pacific timezone) to be included.

How do I get my badge?

That is still being determined.

Hopefully, there is a vendor who will volunteer to hand them out during CGE on Friday. (Hey vendors, think of the extra foot-traffic this might bring.) You will have to ask for yours by AA name since we don't want them on the table available for 5-finger discounts.

Alternatively, maybe I'll just hand them out when the Intellivision folks meet up (Friday evening?).

Note: there is no obligation to wear the badge or even to pick it up. If you really hate the idea, just PM me and I'll not make yours.

Excellent idea. You can totally use my real life pic as above. :)

I have complete faith in the Canadian postal service delivering that to the US postal service, who, in theory, will then deliver it to me. I'll even pay the shipping!

Joking aside, the cover for this loose unit was damaged during shipping....because the idiot seller shipped it with games in the slots!!!! :-o

I think I have 4 or 5 Videoplexers they are not as rare as you guys think.

Also I have tons of variants of all other intellivision games and am wayyyyyyy deep down the raccoon hole! :P

Sorry had to edit to change the happy face, C-mart just posted that one! :_(

Edited by wolfy62

Fantastic idea for the badges! Please, bring them to The Intellivisionaries booth. I will be happy to pass them out to everyone as they stop by.

To claim your badge, I think the secret code word should be "space cunt"

Thanks! BTW, is William going to be at CGE? I think his online name is "IntyPod Burgertime".

I think I have 4 or 5 Videoplexers they are not as rare as you guys think.

Also I have tons of variants of all other intellivision games and am wayyyyyyy deep down the raccoon hole! :P

Sorry had to edit to change the happy face, C-mart just posted that one! :_(

Dale, do you mean Inty Videoplexers or Atari? The Atari ones are quite common but if you've got multiple Intellivision Videoplexers you could make a small fortune selling those. :)

Thanks! BTW, is William going to be at CGE? I think his online name is "IntyPod Burgertime".

Co-host William Olds (aka IntyPod Burgertime) will be there, along with my other co-host Rick Reynolds.

If you're asking about William Moeller (Elektronite), he will also be at CGE, although not at his own booth.