IGNORED

7800 XM update

Curt Vendel

How do you guys have the resources to make a pcb? (I'm not talking about just the pre-order funds either). It just amazes me. Do you send the schematics somewhere to get it made?

Incredible stuff.

You map it out in some software, then send the blueprints to a fab lab. Then they give you a quote. You either pay up and order the boards or shop elsewhere. It's peanuts to do a small run of say 50 PCBs. Well, compared to injection molds or mask ROMs... :P Edited by stardust4ever

I see an astonishing development in that "Zone". :love:

XlvuKD.png

I dont know enough about these things to have any idea what it might be or mean, but is the 'development' related to that little 'winky' and if so, what does it mean?

Thanks for the update Curt, looking forward to this!

Sorry if this was answered already, how do we update our address if we have moved since preordering?

Hi...

When its time to begin shipping... I have a webpage setup that all pre-order buyers will submit their current shipping info and supply a copy of their payment email receipt to verify and your order will then be queued as active and you will receive an email with your shipping info and tracking #. I knew this would be a necessary evil to setup to make sure that everyone would be taken proper care of and their orders shipped to their current addresses.

• Like 5

You map it out in some software, then send the blueprints to a fab lab. Then they give you a quote. You either pay up and order the boards or shop elsewhere. It's peanuts to do a small run of say 50 PCBs. Well, compared to injection molds or mask ROMs... :P

Exactly. I just generate the gerber files from the PCB CAD program and email them to the PC board fab. I have a domestic PCB fab that I've used many times in the past, they are reasonably priced and do very high quality boards... Since Purple is the 7800's official color, I think it only appropriate that the XM boards will be masked in purple color.

• Like 7

This thing is going to be absolutely epic. I can already think of some of the games everyone can make... props, Mr. Vendel! And everyone else who had a hand in it.

There are a whole LOT of people who've put time and effort into this project and everybody deserves props for helping this happen.

• Like 3

Oh boy.. I'm not sure I can find my payment email receipt since it has been a few years. Can you also check with your records if we can not locate the email?

Thanks!

Found mine.

Search tips:

Search for: Legacy Engineering

.............or: 7800XM1

• Like 1

I'm certain that my copies of those emails are lost. Had an issue with credit card fraud, connected with the email account I had used to preorder and went into a bit of panic and began deleting financial emails, vainly hoping to minimize damage. Saved most of them locally, but may have deleted some thinking them not as important as they weren't current or there were secure copies, elsewhere. Bit of a dunce thing to do. Oops.

I had ordered two units. One for myself and one for my nephew. Though, he has since moved his interests to other things, like girls. Anyways, my shipping address hasn't changed since then and I still have that email account, so if you have a couple of different deliveries to a Kevin in Sacramento, California, that would be me.

Found the Time-stamp for one of them by chance, by looking through my posts and a rough approximation of the other. :

September 19th, 2010 - 11:54 PM. - for the first unit. And between May 6th and 9th, 2011 for the other one.

;)

Edited by AtariNerd