IGNORED

7800 XM update

Curt Vendel

Addressed on FB:

He needs to address it here at AtariAge.com. The 7800XM project was basically launched from here, I can't imagine anyone who pre-ordered did so by finding out about it from Facebook. I preordered mine by reading the topics here, and then through a company called Legacy Engineering which is now defunct. At the very least everything needs to be cross-posted from both websites if he insists on trying to use Facebook.I really do appreciate it when people post his FB stuff related to the XM here. It's the responsible thing to do to come back to AA and engage us and sort out the mess of addresses and preorders when it's time however.
  • Like 1

Are there specific titles that will use the POKEY automagically?

I have tested Donkey Kong XM and Beefdrop VE on the XBOARD, so they should work fine on the XM since they use the same POKEY configuration. I've tested Froggy using my flashcart on the XBOARD so it should work, but we would need to test the release version of the ROM to be sure it still does. I'm pretty sure all of Bob's ROM releases that support POKEY will work. I've tested Ms. Pac-man 320 and the POKEY version of Pac-man Collection and they work.

• Like 8

Thanks for the update. At the end of the day, people want ongoing direct communication and transparency about this project. As a longtime supporter of the release of the XM it has been hard read the toxic debates over the years. People have brought up valid points on one side only to be stifled by others on the other side. There have been many broken promises. People just want to see this released which I hope happens some day. Nice to see that it might be making progress.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update. At the end of the day, people want ongoing direct communication and transparency about this project. As a longtime supporter of the release of the XM it has been hard read the toxic debates over the years. People have brought up valid points on one side only to be stifled by others on the other side. There have been many broken promises. People just want to see this released which I hope happens some day. Nice to see that it might be making progress.

Bringing up valid points and criticisms is just fine. It's when people do so while being jerks that I object to.

..Al

• Like 2

Bringing up valid points and criticisms is just fine. It's when people do so while being jerks that I object to.

..Al

Fair enough, as there has been a lot of heated issues over the years from both sides. Here is to 2018 bringing a longtime project to final commercial release.

• Like 6

Hope this isn't a can of worms, but just curious: if you can use Mateos/Concerto/other MegaCart on 7800 at the same time as the XM, do you have to use the headerless bin files for roms or do the typical *a78's with headers work?

• Like 1

Hope this isn't a can of worms, but just curious: if you can use Mateos/Concerto/other MegaCart on 7800 at the same time as the XM, do you have to use the headerless bin files for roms or do the typical *a78's with headers work?

The XM just sees the multi cart like any other cart. The file format required by the multicart doesn't change.

• Like 1

I think you misunderstand what the XM is for, it isn't for loading ROM files.

• Like 1

Stop trolling. Do you talk to people like that in real life? Must have a great dental plan.

Yep. Although when I trash-talk someone in real life, they then trash-talk me, then we laugh. Oh, the fun we have.

I think CPUWIZ gets it. I suspect he's a good guy in person. Unless he's a Trump supporter, then he's and idiot.

• Like 1

Yep. Although when I trash-talk someone in real life, they then trash-talk me, then we laugh. Oh, the fun we have.

I think CPUWIZ gets it. I suspect he's a good guy in person. Unless he's a Trump supporter, then he's and idiot.

No politics or bad grammer.

I blame my phone keyboard..

Edited by Jinks
  • Like 3

I thought there a board made that basically makes the XM pointless? Minus the whole keyboard computer part? Or am I remembering something wrong or thinking about hokey?

An xboard that does pokey? Not one device replaces all of XMs features. Check out the list of fearures reposted 3 or 5 times in the last 2 pages.
  • Like 2