IGNORED

7800 XM update

Curt Vendel

Forgive me if this was already cross posted here, but from the Atari Museum FB site:

"Just want to clarify several things for those who've ordered a 7800XM

1. When they were sold as Pre-orders it specifically stated the payments went to the plastics steel tooling and there would never be refunds.

2. The Project is being completed this spring. Once it is ready to ship, those who preordered will get an email asking for updated shipping address info, at that time it would be shipped.

3. If you have emailed about a refund or update, there are no refunds and the next and only update will be when you are contacted for shipping information. No replies to emails are being made as there is no additional information to provide.

4. This is an information post, not for commenting. Do not comment, they will be removed."

Curt is pretty active on FB, and doesn't get slammed there, so that's probably the place to get updates. Let's let the guy fit it into his busy life. Like I said before, I'm willing to wait. It was only $100 and it was years ago, so WHEN it arrives, it'll be a nice present.

• Like 3

Ok so this spring. Next contact is shipping info. Clear enough kinda. When the date is missed can we get updates?

You facebook bots can keep us updated if nothing by lets say first week in June we need answers. Until then keep stroking him.

Best for them to stay on facebook as all posts can be easily controlled to their liking.

• Like 1

Curt is pretty active on FB, and doesn't get slammed there, so that's probably the place to get updates.

Curt isn't getting slammed on facebok because, as he said, "This is an information post, not for commenting. Do not comment, they will be removed." You can't slam somebody online if they have the ability to remove what you wrote. :P

Let's let the guy fit it into his busy life. Like I said before, I'm willing to wait. It was only $100 and it was years ago, so WHEN it arrives, it'll be a nice present.

I would have to assume that we all have busy lives Zonie, but he certainly wasn't too busy to take everyone's money 4 years ago, with the promise of a November 2010 release date. It will be 2015 next week...

Not for anything…I am as patient as the next guy, but with all of the times we have been given a release date, only to see it completely blown past without so much as an explanation, I am not holding my breath that we will see it this spring. If I do, I will be pleasantly surprised. This has been far beyond what anyone would consider to be a reasonable delay…mostly because of the near total lack of communication on Curt's part. Letting us all know what the hold up was caused by would go a long way in the eyes of most who invested. Waiting till the pitchforks and torches come out…that's just not acceptable.

At this point, I am just waiting and hoping to see this at some point. Your guess is as good as mine with regards to when that will be.

• Like 11

Curt isn't getting slammed on facebok because, as he said, "This is an information post, not for commenting. Do not comment, they will be removed." You can't slam somebody online if they have the ability to remove what you wrote. :P

I would have to assume that we all have busy lives Zonie, but he certainly wasn't too busy to take everyone's money 4 years ago, with the promise of a November 2010 release date. It will be 2015 next week...

Not for anything…I am as patient as the next guy, but with all of the times we have been given a release date, only to see it completely blown past without so much as an explanation, I am not holding my breath that we will see it this spring. If I do, I will be pleasantly surprised. This has been far beyond what anyone would consider to be a reasonable delay…mostly because of the near total lack of communication on Curt's part. Letting us all know what the hold up was caused by would go a long way in the eyes of most who invested. Waiting till the pitchforks and torches come out…that's just not acceptable.

At this point, I am just waiting and hoping to see this at some point. Your guess is as good as mine with regards to when that will be.

They guy got sick, nearly died.

Get over it.

Edited by Zonie
  • Like 1

They guy got sick, nearly died.

Get over it.

Yeah…he got very sick...3 years after the November 2010 delivery date. So your point is???

Just a word of advice…"get over it" is a poor choice of words for this topic. I would have been long over this nonsense:

A.) if I received my XM when I was supposed to (not once, but the 4 or 5 times that we were told they were going to ship)

B.) if we had some level of open and honest communication from Curt

C.) if I didn't get blasted for speaking out against the inappropriate way this entire project has been handled.

Sure…life gets in the way, but you really shouldn't collect a ton of money and then not deliver a final product for 4+ years. As I have said a million times before, I would be fine with the delay, but only if there were open communication. There hasn't been any open communication for a very long time. If you think it is OK for Curt to post an "update" on Facebook, and tell people not to comment, then you must have O.D'd on the kool aid my friend.

I am OK with your opinion though…but I can and will continue to speak out on behalf of the both of us. You see, it is my opinion that if we all just shut up and keep to ourselves, then Curt will eventually not feel the urgent need to get this done. Obviously, after 4 long years, the urgency is not his priority. Strangely, it seems like he is just hoping that we all give up and go away. If he cared about us as customers (and passionate hobbyists), he would be far more engaged in the discussion. No one here complained about the delays until he started going silent back in 2011. No one. The silence has only gotten worse, with the time gaps widening each time.

Believe me…I want to "get over it"…I really do. But that will not happen until I have my XM in hand. Till then, I will continue to monitor these threads and comment appropriately.

• Like 9

Not to stir the pot but is this fairly new?

http://www.syzygycompany.com/store/

I thought the ability to order XMs had been taken down quite awhile ago.

Nope, That's been there for a few years now. The irony is anyone who is not on AA, or hasn't been paying attention, and sees that page... will probably try to contact him, asking when more will be in stock --- little do they know that they will never, ever get a reply.

• Like 3

Not to stir the pot but is this fairly new?

http://www.syzygycompany.com/store/

I thought the ability to order XMs had been taken down quite awhile ago.

Hi when I was new to Atari Age (March 2014) and discovered the website that is linked above I contacted the store to ask if I could order the XM

I received an email that stated no pre-orders/orders were being taken. The email stated that once the XM was ready to ship it would go to all those that

pre-ordered it first. Once all the pre-orders were filled then I could order an XM for myself.

Edited by Protestari

Nope, That's been there for a few years now. The irony is anyone who is not on AA, or hasn't been paying attention, and sees that page... will probably try to contact him, asking when more will be in stock --- little do they know that they will never, ever get a reply.

That is great customer service right there.

I dont give a shit who the hell any of you think you are to defend this bs. Acting like a complete arrogant asshole to all the paying customers is complete bullshit and thats the bottom line.

• Like 10

me too

:D Sta-puft... Heh Heh

If "Get over it" is too harsh, well sorry, no other way to say it. It's not a big deal, IMO. Flaming the guy only makes it worse. So he screwed up, or tried to make it perfect and scope creep killed it. Whatever the issues, It was fun in the beginning while all the cool stuff was happening.

I actually forgot about it for a couple of years. I only remember it when I come to this site, and I come here when I'm bored.

I got over it. If it arrives, great, if not, so be it. If it never gets released, I'll at least ask for a couple of empty cases to make other things with...

Edited by Zonie

:D Sta-puft... Heh Heh

If "Get over it" is too harsh, well sorry, no other way to say it. It's not a big deal, IMO. Flaming the guy only makes it worse. So he screwed up, or tried to make it perfect and scope creep killed it. Whatever the issues, It was fun in the beginning while all the cool stuff was happening.

I actually forgot about it for a couple of years. I only remember it when I come to this site, and I come here when I'm bored.

I got over it. If it arrives, great, if not, so be it. If it never gets released, I'll at least ask for a couple of empty cases to make other things with...

I hear ya…but at the same time, $100 bills don't grow on trees in my yard (if they do at your house, please PM me the address :D). $100 is certainly not going to put me in the poor house, but it does irritate me that I spent a chunk of money on this thing (along with a ton of other folks), and Curt doesn't seem to think an update once and a while would be fair.

Really, when you think of it from a business standpoint, by pre-ordering the XM, we all provided the necessary seed money to help Curt realize his vision. As ipso-facto investors, an update is something that should come regularly…seeing as we all backed his vision. If you rewind the clock to 2010, when we all parted with our cash, our reasoning for doing so was fairly unified…we all wanted to see what the 7800's true potential could be. We also all believed in Curt's ability to deliver a product that could do just that. None of that has changed on our end…we are just completely being left in the dark for 6month to year long stretches. That's a bit absurd when you consider that we were all so jazzed about this in the beginning, when the dialogue was still flowing freely. I would bet that Curt could reduce his stress and buy himself the time needed for this project if he would just engage with us…regarding the nuts and bolts of what is actually going on. People here love to hear about it…we all want to be involved in this piece of 7800 history.

• Like 3

I guess we are used to guys like Pac Man Plus and CPUWIZ that like to share their work as they go and when you drop your money down they deliver.
If it was all this way of take money and dont ask questions as I wont answer no one would even bother with Atari Homebrew as the feeling of being ripped off would get old.

• Like 3