IGNORED

Round 8 (Final Round) of 2014 Harmony Games: Stay Frosty

Dan Iacovelli

The eighth and Final Round of the 2014 Harmony Games is Stay Frosty chosen by Oyamafamily
Description:
You were just chilling out at the North Pole, when a short-circuiting string of Christmas lights on Santa's barn set the reindeer dust on fire. Now magic fireballs are threatening to melt everything. It's up to you to put them out so you can keep your cool, however that's not an easy task for someone made of frozen water!
This game was made part of the Atari Age Stella Stuffer cart in 2007, if you don't have the cart you can get the rom here

(I know it can be played on via java version of stella,
but I rather you use an emulator real hardware(via cart, or flash cart like harmony cart)
this game was played on season 6 week 4 of the original HSC with Zero with the following settings

(were using the same settings as well)
Game Name: Stay Frosty
Released By: Darrel Spice Jr, 2008
Left Difficulty: N / A
Right Difficulty: N / A
Game Mode: Default
This round starts on July 21st at 3pm and ends on August 4th at 2pm CDT good luck
Point scoring: top 10: 10 (for first) to 2(for tenth) 1 for everybody after 10

***Bonus Point Challenge:
Play the Demo Version of Stay Frosty 2, which has been released recently here:
Top 5 scores will get bonus points according to the following example:
1) Player 1 - 15,000 - (+5)
2) Player 2 - 14,000 - (+4)
3) Player 3 - 12,000 - (+3)
4) Player 4 - 10,000 - (+2)
5) Player 5 - 8,500 - (+1)
get 1 bonus point more for finishing the game( 7 lelvels)
plus an addition point for doing without loosing a life (AKA perfect game)
(if your playing in this round we ask you to take a video of the game for proof as this a special addition)

post your scores here (ranks will posted at the AVC Online forum and on the harmony games web page (see signature)

• Like 1

BONUS SCORES - STAY FROSTY 2 DEMO VERSION - 15,593 (FINISHED / NO LIVES LOST)

PICTURE: post-24681-0-41002700-1406080538_thumb.png

VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJIyNR_n5wo

Picture and video sent to Dan Iacovelli. At 5:15 mark, I paused emulation for 3 seconds just to show clearly the number of remaining lives in reserve (3 snowmen, as presented at the beginning of this gameplay); I did it at the moment Level 7 was being closed to the Final Point.

Roadrunner, my advice is to study carefully my Stay Frosty 2 Demo Version gameplay video which I've already provided.

And read carefully the Manual (PDF format), which is very helpful for novice players.

TIP: At the starting of the first level in SF2 Demo, collect the Broom (right bottom corner of the screen) firstly; with this magical item, you will be able to jump on the mid-air.

SF2_Demo_Manual.pdf

Yes,
for Stay Frosty 2 Demo i can't jump that high, i can't reach the first platform.
50 points

Edited by oyamafamily

Leader board updated (as well as scores) see link in signature or go here http://www.atariforums.com/read.php?28,6898,7103#msg-7103

Thanks for all who played, congrats to Killersquirel S.Baz and Oyamfamily for being our top 3 winneres for this season.
New season will be some time in spring 2015

(like last time we will let our top winners pick games for the round when the neew season starts)

• 7 months later...

to those wondering about this years harmony games:
I'm thinking of postponing this year since the regular HSC is alredy in progress

plus sometime soon I'm working on revising the website.

in that case if it is postponed, the two special harmony games will still happen at Atarimania

and VGS(in the case AM doesn't happen then it be just VGS)

there is also chance of making it AtariAge vs Atari IO type competion in future(atari.io is another atari forum,they have weds

night chats and giveways)