IGNORED

Altirra 2.50 Final out

serj

Yeah, lots of flashing on the splash screen. Another thing, after Altirra is left alone for a while, and the screensaver comes on, Altirra is stuck, using 50+ percent CPU, and must be terminated, which triggers M$ Error Reporting.

I'll try to get a screen shot.

Edited by Kyle22

Could you try running with a bit less enabled and see if the Break lockup still occurs? You've got an incredible amount of crap turned on -- apparently you have an XEGS with a PAL ANTIC but NTSC GTIA, Ultimate1MB, VideoBoard XE, and a 65C816 accelerator, running TurboBasic XL within SpartaDOS X with TD enabled. That's an awful lot that can go wrong. In particular, try turning off TD first.

Certainly you can. Look under System->Console Switches->Enable Cart SDX: this refers to SDX on the cart, which - if the emulated HDD is a SIDE or SIDE2 - is a SIDE cart. It's possible to create in emulation the conflicting situation Avery described, just as it's possible to do so on real hardware by leaving both SIDE and Ultimate's SDX enabled at the same time. This has tripped a few people up in the past so it's probably worth mentioning periodically.

Thanks. I checked, and no I do not have it enabled in the console switch area of the options. I just have it enabled within the U1MB BIOS menu. Also, Draco's new INIDOS.SYS worked just fine. The old one didn't.

Regarding the TurboBXL, listing, and break issue. I tested my setup many times, probably about 25 times or so at least, and did not encounter the issue.

My setup:

Altirra 2.60t41

6502/6502C 1.79MHz

600XL 800XL

NTSC all around

VBXE

Memory config: U1MB (running XL XE OS)

SDX 4.47 (enabled through the U1MB BIOS menu, NOT through the "console switches" options of Altirra

Turbo BASIC XL 1.5 (via the X command)

I turned all the excess stuff off, and it still froze on break key, but I did notice that it said "stopped" in the title bar. It had paused itsself. I un paused it, and it was fine. It has done this a few times now.

My keyboard has a Pause/Break key. On its own, it functions as the Atari "Break" key (which is cool, since lots of modern keyboards have dropped the Break key entirely, or delegated it to the modified function of some other key), but if I hit Ctrl+Break, it functions as the pause key, which breaks out into the debugger - just like F8 does. Is that what's going on here?

My keyboard has a Pause/Break key. On its own, it functions as the Atari "Break" key (which is cool, since lots of modern keyboards have dropped the Break key entirely, or delegated it to the modified function of some other key), but if I hit Ctrl+Break, it functions as the pause key, which breaks out into the debugger - just like F8 does. Is that what's going on here?

You beat me to it while I was typing :)

• 1 year later...

There's no need for an ATASCII option, since you can use the untranslated H1-H4: devices.

Writing out LF-only files on Windows is a pet peeve of mine, and as far as I'm concerned, CR endings are an abomination not to be repeated. Altirra will, however, accept LF-only and CR-only when reading for H5-H8:.

Avery,

You stated here that H5: - H8: are supported. But, in the program, it's actually H6: - H9:. What happened with H5: (e.g. reserved for a special functionality)?

Thanks,

Hayden