IGNORED

Altirra 2.50 Final out

serj

With reference to the Firmware, after scanning all my roms I found these were missing, could anyone fill them please?

The ones in solid black after the U1mb rom...

post-13027-0-06440400-1407754407.png

@ Mclaneinc

I have the Same status. I think, Altirra scanning for ROMs is not accurate. Actually, I have the following ROMs inserted and working, I do have all other ROMs except for the BLACKBOX rom but did not play with the rest yet.

1200XL Kernal ROMs - Installed working rom
Ultimate1MB ROMs - Installed working rom (my default setup now :-D )
MyIDE-IIROMs - Installed working rom (need to disable SIDE/Ultimate 1MB hard disk before accessing the MYIDE disk)
SIDE ROMs - Installed working rom
SIDE 2 ROMs - Installed working rom

Madi

Edit : The above are the missing ROMs as per Altirra scanning .. But they are inserted and working

Edited by Madi

I have Altirra 2.50 official release. My Altirra config is:

- SDX 128K cartridge,

- vbxe enabled,

- atari 600/800 xl,

- 320 rambo extram (no Axlon extensions),

- slightsid enabled,

- ultimate disabled.

When I disable SDX cartridge by JHWCTRL and disable all ROM areas by PORTB ($FE) then any write operation into $A000..$BFFF area does nothing. This range contains $FF values.

Debugger shows:

Altirra> .bank
Bank state: FE
Kernel ROM: disabled
BASIC ROM: disabled
CPU bank: disabled
Antic bank: disabled
Self test ROM: disabled
Antic bank: $000000
CPU bank: $000000
Cartridge 1 bank: disabled
Cartridge 2 bank: disabled

Could you fix it?

Edit: I'm sorry, but I didn't saw new 2.60-test2 revision - this bug is fixed :) Thank you.

Edited by mono

Questions about Altirra screen display:

I have Altirra set as an NTSC 800XL with Rambo 320K. The display is somewhat blurry, and I'm wondering if there is some setting to sharpen it? I've looked through the HELP topics and see nothing there, and when I click on "filter sharpness" it is grayed out (can't find a setting that activates that menu). Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Larry

Thanks, Jon. I experimented with it, and It doesn't really seem to have any effect that I can see. I went to the stretch mode and set it to preserve aspect ratio (even multiples only), which shrinks the screen maybe 20%, and that *seems* to make it a bit sharper.

-Larry

Edit: Perhaps it is not so sharp as I compare it to my All-in-Wonder Atari display because the AIW is a scan rate/line doubler. (?) If that is true, that might make a nice addition for a future version of Altirra.

I did not understand that it is necessary to specify for myide 1 & 2, and blackbox.

spread your configuration and images.

Avery, in the settings of "Firmware images" you forget the built-in game for xegs.

still would like to ask whether the added mapper "Corina" for the game Yie Another Kung-Fu.

Altirra-2.60-test2_my_config_&_bios_images.zip

I like to use VBXE mode (even if I'm not accessing the hardware), since it provides a nice, crisp emulated RGB picture. I think Altirra does a really good job of emulating the video characteristics of the Atari, and I think the kind of moire effect shown below is really down to the host's display driver:

post-21964-0-55345500-1407769842.png

Same kind of effect you get running an ST in hi-res on a 1024x768 LCD. Enlarging the display window completely eliminates the moire, though, as the effect of interpolation is lessened by the increasing resolution.

I have Altirra set as an NTSC 800XL with Rambo 320K. The display is somewhat blurry, and I'm wondering if there is some setting to sharpen it? I've looked through the HELP topics and see nothing there, and when I click on "filter sharpness" it is grayed out (can't find a setting that activates that menu). Can someone shed some light on this?

You can use these settings to get crisp square pixels on the pixel boundaries of your monitor:

- View -> Filter Mode -> Point

- View -> Stretch Mode -> Square Pixels (fixed multiples only)

- Resize window until desired zoom fits. Note you'll only be able to get integer zooms, e.g. 2X, 3X, etc. The display will "pop" when you make it big enough to fit the next size.

Though square pixels may be too harsh for some tastes. It's great for debugging graphics but not so great for simulating what it will look like on a CRT. For that, turn on System -> Video -> PAL Artifacting (high) and maybe View -> Filter Mode -> Any suitable.

• Like 1

I tried to insert the Ultimate 1MB in the Altirra-2.60-test2 without success. Also, the Hard Disk option from "System" is not available.

On the contrary, Altirra is running monthly under the 2.50 final version.

madi

The image of what I get under v2.6 test2.

Bm8YQU.jpg

Thanks AG..

@Phaeron, is there a reason the rom scan does not pick up these items?

It would be great to know what versions are correct in respect to what you have used to coded around.

Thanks.

Edited by Mclaneinc

@Phaeron,

I like to add adjustable dead zones for joystick axles in input mapping dialog for Altirra. Right now, Altirra has fixed dead zones for joystick axles and did not show up in input mapping edit dialog. My main control panel (not Altirra related) for my Thurstmaster Power 3 controller does not have adjustable dead zones, but however it does have adjustable forces (Vibration).

I tried to insert the Ultimate 1MB in the Altirra-2.60-test2 without success. Also, the Hard Disk option from "System" is not available.

On the contrary, Altirra is running monthly under the 2.50 final version.

madi

The image of what I get under v2.6 test2.

Bm8YQU.jpg

ditto!

Also some problems exist to scan the ROMs.

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-2.60-test3.zip

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-2.60-test3-src.zip

Fixed the mixup in the hard disk dialogs, added missing XEGS game ROM category, made firmware loader prefer external firmware images over internal ones, added some missing .arc filters in file dialogs, changed the filter default from bilinear to sharp bilinear (+1), and removed the Ctrl+F1 filter shortcut by default (you will need to reset keyboard shortcuts to see this if you have already run Altirra before).

You need a 3D card capable of at least pixel shader 2.0 in order for the sharp bilinear setting to work. For the All-in-Wonder line, you will need at least a 9600 for this to work -- the original 7xxx and 8xxx series is too old. And if you have the original Rage based AIW... you're probably better off with software rendering. The Direct3D 9 or 11 display modes must also be active. If you have selected OpenGL or for some reason don't have 3D acceleration then you also won't get sharp bilinear.

The firmware image scan can only pick up images that are known. Currently it has entries for the original 5200, 800, XL/XE, XEGS, and 1200XL kernel ROMs, as well as the three main Atari BASIC revisions. It can't really pick up the other types of images because there's no solid way to detect that a ROM image is for, say, IDEPlus. I'm thinking of changing the Add dialog so that it asks what type of image is being chosen instead of having it determined by what category is selected, which is obscure.

Currently all firmware types other than OS kernel and BASIC can only have one firmware bound, as there is no place to choose it. Thought is that adding a way to mark an entry as (default) in the firmware dialog will allow for switching the more seldom used types of ROMs without cluttering up the main menus.

Working like a charm now. Of course much of the program is running too fast now, but that's what I wanted to see.

Bob

I may have spoken too soon, there is one more spot in the program where something doesn't appear to be working correctly with Altirra basic. I believe somewhere between line 3000 to 3050. After you've answered all 12 multiplication problems, the display at the bottom should flash and beep with the number of problems you got correct several times, but with Altirra basic it doesn't work correctly.

Bob

I may have spoken too soon, there is one more spot in the program where something doesn't appear to be working correctly with Altirra basic. I believe somewhere between line 3000 to 3050. After you've answered all 12 multiplication problems, the display at the bottom should flash and beep with the number of problems you got correct several times, but with Altirra basic it doesn't work correctly.

Bob

$3B18: 3010 COLOR 8: X=BROW(CORRECT): Y=153: FOR I=1 TO 20: IF PEEK(200)=7 THEN COLOR 8: SOUND 0,30,10,6: GOTO 3020 {end $3B99}

You used an illegal PEEK to get the current color!! :P

atbasic.bin

@keatah, that is exactly what I was thinking...

I feel like I'm back in Silica Shop in Sidcup and just brought that new upgrade and all excited to get home and fire it up.

That most likely sounds rather daft to others but evey time Avery updates Altirra I feel like although I may not use all the added things, that I have the best Atari out there..

Thanks as always Avery...

• Like 1