IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

Here's a screen shot from my 10.7.5 system, taken just moments ago.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-08-28 at 8.07.39 AM.png

In case anyone was concerned that it wouldn't look good on a Retina Mac, that screenshot should alleviate that. My apologies for the huge screen shot. I'll see about getting another when I can hook up to a non-Retina monitor. I'm traveling right now.

My dev machine is 10.8.5. Here's a screen shot.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-08-28 at 10.07.22 AM.png

Thanks for that. Apart from the alien-looking non-standard icons it doesn't look too bad. Is there a manual that explains the interface? I can't really tell off-hand what each pane represents. It seems that the left-pane is the full list of available ROMs in the collection, and the right-pane... menu folders?

-dZ.

Hmmm...

I've got ROMs for my CC3 but I also have BIN & CFG files. Which would be better on the LTO Flash! cart?

Sidenote - I think one of my ROMs was name something that was crashing the import function.

There really is no difference as far as I can tell. The cartridge uses them equally well.

Send a PM to Steve regarding the name of the ROM.

There really is no difference as far as I can tell. The cartridge uses them equally well.

Send a PM to Steve regarding the name of the ROM.

Makes sense. I was wondering if there is a "standard" ROM set that has been agreed to as the "real" one. I'm kind of obsessive about these things. MUST... HAVE... ORDER.... :)

Thanks to everyone who has worked on the LTO Flash! The cart looks great and I'm excited to buy it. One quick question. I've downloaded the software and loaded all of my roms onto it with no problem except for one. Super Cobra from Konami/Parker Brothers causes the software to crash and close. I thought maybe my rom was bad, so I've downloaded it again from 3 different websites but get the same result. This is the only game giving me trouble as I've successfully loaded 148 other roms. I'm running the software on Windows 10. Has anyone been able to import Super Cobra? If so, I would appreciate any tips you can provide. Thanks again for this great device!

You guys that are seeing crashes - I'm not Steve )who developed the software) but I'd be curious which files and exact names are causing the issues. While I can't help you fix things necessarily, I sometimes use... shall we say unorthodox file management techniques. Which means I'm usually able to break these kinds of things long before other people :D

For the record, I can import the copy of Super Cobra that I have. Windows 7 here.

Makes sense. I was wondering if there is a "standard" ROM set that has been agreed to as the "real" one. I'm kind of obsessive about these things. MUST... HAVE... ORDER.... :)

The official ROMs from Intellivision Productions on Intellivision Lives!, Intellivision Rocks!, Intellivision's Greatest Hits and in the various Intellipak downloads are all in BIN+CFG format.

The .ROM format was created for the Intellicart. It can express a subset of what BIN+CFG can express, but is more convenient for many purposes, because it doesn't need a separate .CFG file.

Either one should work just fine for all the original games that don't use Mattel-style page-flipping (WSMLB, Go For The Gold, and a couple others). Games that use Mattel-style page flipping require BIN+CFG format.

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 5

No problems here, but I wish it would update like a patch... from within the program... not seeming like you're downloading the whole program from scratch each time.

However it's not working for me

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Does Eric have a copyright on this face?

• Like 2