IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

I'm gonna do my impression of those crazy Iphone fan boys, set up a tent next to my mailbox, and camp out until my LTO Flash arrives...............oh yeah, and not wash for 3 days! (sorry in advance to my wife)

You were looking for a pretext to not wash yourself! :rolling:

• Like 1

My LTO Flash just arrived today from Level Up....fantastic!! I have many games, but a few I have never played before using the Intellivision. Great to play Choplifter, Super Pro tennis, Space C*nt, Deep Pockets and more!!! I'll have to order a second as backup!! Just one question....when you finish a game is there a way to get back to the menu? Or do you have to turn it off to get to the menu?

• Like 3

My LTO Flash just arrived today from Level Up....fantastic!! I have many games, but a few I have never played before using the Intellivision. Great to play Choplifter, Super Pro tennis, Space C*nt, Deep Pockets and more!!! I'll have to order a second as backup!! Just one question....when you finish a game is there a way to get back to the menu? Or do you have to turn it off to get to the menu?

I'm glad you're enjoying it! :-D :-D

To get back to the menu without power-cycling, press and hold reset for ~3 seconds. Instead of resetting to the game, it'll reset to the LTO Flash! menu.

There sure is!

Hold down your reset button on the console for 2-3 seconds. Voila! Back at the main menu!

EDIT: intvnut beat me to the punch!

• Like 1

A quick request: I would like everyone who sent me an order on/before September 5th to please contact me if you haven't received a message from me already, preferably via email ( joe.zbiciak AT leftturnonly.info ); however, PM here works too. I think I've contacted everyone or nearly everyone, but it's possible I've missed a person or two.

PM sent...

Bought the LTO Flash at the Retrofair Bochum in Germany from retrogamesshop.com yesterday. Thanks Marc!

Installed the menu software, connected the LTO, installed roms, created menu and booted the LTO on my Inty. Everything works like a breeze. Tried out a lot of games and no problems at all.

Menu software is very straightforward and the few questions I had were easily solved by using the manual.

I have been looking forward to a device like this for years and I am a 100% happy with it. Congratulations on a job really well done!

Now I have to find that post from Elektronite where they said that they will be releasing their games as downloadable roms. :grin: :waving:

Edited by Janzl
  • Like 6

A $15 Boulder Dash was mentioned. I dont think that will happen, unless they do it as a file backup service for those that bought the cartridge.

Since each sale requires an agreement from First Star Software in order to be sold, there will not be a digital version for sale. All copies under an agreement have been sold to collectors or resellers, and they were physical copies.

I'm looking for a way to send money to Joseph Zbiciak because is impossible buy the LTO FLASH through of LEVEL UP and RETROGAMES websites because both do not send to Brazil...

Joe is a nice guy, so maybe if you offer him an airline ticket and some site seeing in Brazil he would bring one with him ☺️

• Like 1

I'm looking for a way to send money to Joseph Zbiciak because is impossible buy the LTO FLASH through of LEVEL UP and RETROGAMES websites because both do not send to Brazil... Oh my god!

Send me a message, I might be able to help. I know in the past shipping to Brazil was very risky. Seems the PO there just keeps anything they think they will like for themselves. Must be nice.

A $15 Boulder Dash was mentioned. I dont think that will happen, unless they do it as a file backup service for those that bought the cartridge.

There was a general negative attitude toward the idea of a protected rom. So, it was cancelled. There was never any rights to a digital copy if you bought the cartridge. We only had rights to sell the game on cartridge, and of course, those have expired.

There sure is!

Hold down your reset button on the console for 2-3 seconds. Voila! Back at the main menu!

EDIT: intvnut beat me to the punch!

Why is it that way? Why not just do it by holding Clear and tap reset? That was to mee is much better because it won't be annoying to Intellivision 2 Owners that might cause it to turn off the Intellivision.

Why is it that way? Why not just do it by holding Clear and tap reset? That was to mee is much better because it won't be annoying to Intellivision 2 Owners that might cause it to turn off the Intellivision.

It felt more natural to me, requires only one hand, and it won't interfere with games which put an Easter Egg on that key combo. Also, it shouldn't cause an Intellivision 2 to shut off, as the required reset time to reset to the LTO Flash! menu is much shorter (2-3 seconds, vs. 10-15 seconds). That is, unless the Inty2 was modified to have fast-shutoff, in which case you'll have to tap reset to turn it back on again.

Perhaps down the road I can offer a config option to change this. It will have to wait until after all the incoming orders have settled down.

Edited by intvnut

Is the LTO Flash compatible with CC3 Online manuals for the games? Can I use all the xxxxx.txt manual files with LTO Flash that are name by the same name as the ROM File but have the txt extension or do I have to hope there is a document file for each game ROM I have from my CC3?

You can use manuals that were formatted for the CC3 on your LTO Flash!. In the current GUI, you will need to right click on each and "Add manual." I believe intvsteve has it on his wishlist to make this a little more seamless. (If not, I'm adding it right now, because I'd like it to be more seamless too. ;) ;) ;) )

I *DO* have a "TODO" for easier bulk manual import / recognition.

And, like intvnut said, the "long reset" seemed really slick and natural. Funny, I never used the CLEAR+RESET on CC3 - guess I never read the manual. :P I used the "Intellicart" method of power cycling.

How short is the "fast shutoff" mod? 5 seconds? 2? It depends?