IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

Well, with a fast enough MCU, it would be possible to build a multicart that also emulated various peripherals (ECS, Intellivoice), so that folks that lacked those peripherals could still play games that use them on a real Intellivision. But, I didn't want to take that risk on in this iteration.

Re: Space Patrol: Yeah, it did come out, and sold out, and eventually I want to get a new batch of them out there. But all these things take time. Also, the full edition ROM was never officially released, only the teaser (which is still available, BTW, at spacepatrol.info).

Super Pro Space Patrol w/Spice Patrol?

:-)

I think the reason the question was asked is that the other upcoming multicart, The Hive, does emulate parts of the ECS but not the entire ECS. Refer to its own thread for information about that.

Interesting. I didn't see that he was emulating a second PSG. All I knew was that he can side-load the ECS BIOS next to a game that requires it. Easy enough to add that to LTO Flash! down the road if people find it useful.

I'm not sure how useful that would be, though, as even Mindstrike and Scooby Doo need you to press something on the ECS keyboard to start the game even if the keyboard isn't really useful for playing the game. I believe Mattel's policy was to make the games unplayable w/out the ECS. At least, that's what I got from Dave Warhol (author of Mindstrike).

I am only waiting for an LTO flash which I will love when I get it, thank you folks for your dedication on this! ;)

GroovyBee and his alleged hive cart are dead to me forever! And if you are waiting for it, be prepared to wait a year and a half or longer to receive it!

Well, of course! I have no interest in keeping the release secret or anything. I'd like everyone that might be interested to find out about its release.

Im super excited about this release, Definatly have cash waiting for one. This will get boring for you im sure but have you got a predicted date you might be shipping the first batch? also i'd also like moon patrol so if you do decide to throw early/first round buyers a deal i'm in! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just listening to the podcast from July, and I was assured that this is "coming soon", and "not something that is months away".

So did I! Stupid life getting in the way. I've also been helping out behind the scenes on other releases, so that's sopped some energy too. Those are thankfully filtering out.

Hopefully an update will come soon. Not wanting to be a pain has there been any more news on a possible release?

Only news is that I'm not traveling for Thanksgiving and I'm taking that week off from work. So... I should have time for LTO Flash!

There are other releases that are a lot further "behind" than this........I'm sure we can wait a bit....

Heh. I wanted this out in April! I knew once summer hit we'd be in "full execution mode" at work, which basically means I feel like I've been in front of a firing squad at the end of each day.